• 4 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 4 Post By disley

Thread: Support For Vaping

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Support For Vaping

England Officially Announces Support For Vaping
    By Sham Shivaie - Aug 19, 2015 22618 2
    SHARE Facebook Twitter
    In an unprecedented move, Public Health England, a government health organization has announced their full support in offering vapor devices to aid in smoking cessation. Marking the first time any government health agency, anywhere in the world, has publicly announced it is pro vaping.

Public Health England (PHE) released its official findings of the largest study ever conducted on vaping, and concluded by their estimates that vaping is 95% less harmful than smoking. PHE officials said they believe vapor products “have the potential to make a significant contribution to the end game for tobacco”.

The news broke just hours ago, across multiple media outlets, and is truly a major milestone for our industry. Giving much needed validity and credibility to have a major world power`s government embrace the potential impact vaping can have.

The announcement arrives on the eve of a major regulatory hearing in California, which could have a debilitating impact on the vape industry depending on the outcome.

The contrast is ironic, our neighbors across the pond move to officially adopt vaping as a form of tobacco cessation. While misinformed politicians in the states, want to ban it through crippling regulations.

A number of major government health officials backed the findings, including England’s public health minister Jane Ellison, and the countries chief medical officer Dame Sally Davies.

PHE believes up to 80,000 deaths a year could be prevented, by mass adoption of vaping and England’s National Health Services agency is currently planning guidelines to become a licensed medical product.

Hopefully England`s decision will influence other world governments to follow suite. Vaping can, and does save lives, and it has the potential to save over a billion people from the harmful effects of smoking.

For more about this go to VAPE ABOUT IT
    JWH, nox_84 and joe4211 like this.

AVF Regular
    Hmm I suppose this article has to do with the above one - pity its behind a paywall

Big tobacco to gain from e-cigarettes
    Big tobacco to gain from e-cigarettes | The Times

This too

Give out e-cigarettes free on the NHS, doctors told
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/health...cle4531500.ece
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

Super Moderator
    Moved to political sub forum
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    It makes me wonder what it was that made Britain has been such a huge success when Australia is still lurking in the medical dark ages. We are not short of reputable scientists and doctors here.

I can only suppose that thanks to people like Chapstick we are hell bent on sticking to our guns on what a great success story we have had with idiotic woo like plain packs and banning smoking everywhere.

AVF Regular
    I suspect that part of your answer has to do with the history of medicine and science in both countries.. Britain , despite its stuffy conservatism, does have more of a tradition of accepting scientific change alot easier than Australia. Britain has less to prove being an older country that has been there done that.

Australia on the other hand is more like that person fresh out of uni that is out to prove themselves at any cost. This aspect of Aussie science culture shines in the area of tobacco control. See one of the problems is that despite Australias tech advances, it has been tobacco control in which we have taken the most pride in and until now lead the world in. Rather than let that go in the face of a 20% status quo - Aussies have convinced themselves that in order to stay on top they should see it to the end.

IMO - vaping is a complication to the logical end of Australian tobacco control, because it allows for a mid way point and that was never planned for in the quit or die plan.. hell they know things like smokers are less likely to go to the doctors or fight if they find they have illness but have ignored that for the final conclusion. If they cared about smokers, this would have become a publicized issue- and its not- likewise with the sacrifise one generation for the children thinking.

This is not about smokers- its purely about politics as are the variables in this story

In the middle of this are people like chappers- no different to the newly hired uni student- simply with something to prove-

Sadly however, in the surrounding of all this are the stakeholders and others- now so worn out and disillusioned by politics or scared by it, that they have nothing to say or are happy in the loudly told but not always accurate dialogues

Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    It makes me wonder what it was that made Britain has been such a huge success when Australia is still lurking in the medical dark ages. We are not short of reputable scientists and doctors here.

I can only suppose that thanks to people like Chapstick we are hell bent on sticking to our guns on what a great success story we have had with idiotic woo like plain packs and banning smoking everywhere.
    JWH, Pleski, Fatman and 1 others like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I don't trust government involvement in anything.
    Next thing we know regulations will stifle innovation.

AVF Regular
    Did everyone see the slap down Chapstick got over slurring someone in the windfarm controversy? I wonder how we can use that graphic with his goofy mug on it:

Wind Industry’s Propaganda King – Simon Chapman Forced to Apologise to Dr Sarah Laurie for False & Malicious Taunts – STOP THESE THINGS