Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cringe

8 36.36%
  • Amen!!

14 63.64%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Do you find yourself cringing, or amen-ing, when watching this speech?

AVF Regular

Do you find yourself cringing, or amen-ing, when watching this speech?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dOD...tu.be&t=11m47s

AVF Regular
    The Brits and and Amercians seem to have liked it.

I love the enthusiasm, but I think because the Im aussie, Im not that impressed by the sound of a shouting aussie accent, so I kind of cringe. I think if he had a British accent, Id probably be like hell yeah!

AVF Regular
    i cringed,
    i understand what hes trying to do and im all for it. would of been better if Morgan Freeman said it.
    Everything is better with that sexy voice
    PurpleVapes likes this.

AVF Regular
    Honestly he sounds inexperienced and like one of the boys at the pub, not really serious in what he says .. which will either work very well for or against him .. being a small time doctor from Ballarat will also play in the same way

Crappers got away with the stuff he did because he puts on an educated and authoritative air .. hell even that ***** from Wycheproof who pulls all Abbotts strings atm gets away with it bc she puts on some kind of cultured airs

This man as lovely as he might be doesn't do any of it .. and wonder if he wasnt a GP if he would have the same support from hopeful vapers as he does .. its sad to think that he is Aussie vapers only hope

I wonder too with his support for David David Leyonhjelm, how that will play, especially since vapers intend to go public in Canberra at around what appears may be election time - do you think people and press will see the vaping issue or the support for David David Leyonhjelm and the IPA?..

Lets face it election time is chaotic and the press is not always known for its directness

It also concerns me that he appears to be part of another forum that appears at times to have members bombard another forum with their ideas and the way some think it should be rather than accept diversity within their own community - conform or be destroyed - irregardless of merits of just being and not part of the political scene

Good on him for trying I suppose - but the more I see what he represents and potentially represents beyond the vaping issue and how members of his group have behaved and further continue to act to split the community in order to get support - the more content I am to not be too involved - so no cringing or amening - just toast - not that it matters too much anyways
    CMB likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    i cringed,
    i understand what hes trying to do and im all for it. would of been better if Morgan Freeman said it.
    Just played the sentence "Vaping has the potential to save millions of lives" in Morgan Freeman's voice in my head.

...nice.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post

It also concerns me that he appears to be part of another forum that appears at times to have members bombard another forum with their ideas and the way some think it should be rather than accept diversity within their own community - conform or be destroyed - irregardless of merits of just being and not part of the political scene
    Time will tell if Leyonhjelm and the IPA really do believe in Freedom or just in the pockets of Big T. I think if we're not careful, they only support will be for $50 cigalikes (single 280mah battery) with $25 pack of refill cartos, with a continued ban on loose juice.

AVF Regular
    I have nothing against the submissions - but going there physically around what may be election time seems like such a noob mistake.. and may lose any left wing support for vaping too esp if the press present vaping as an issue for DL supporters

From what I see none of what has been done by the doctors supporters has been too well thought out and may continue to damage vapers

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Time will tell if Leyonhjelm and the IPA really do believe in Freedom or just in the pockets of Big T. I think if we're not careful, they only support will be for $50 cigalikes (single 280mah battery) with $25 pack of refill cartos, with a continued ban on loose juice.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    We attended Alex Wodak's dinner, he's a hero of the Left, he's a supporter of vaping, and we do not align ourselves with the Lib Dems. It's simply a cross parliamentary inquiry that we are attending because it's the first opportunity vapers have ever had to engage with politicians directly. We are looking for any opportunities we can to engage with the Left, because that is my natural political home, as an ex ALP member, but sadly most have been poisoned by Simon Chapmans influence within that and refuse to talk with us. I'm doing the best I can, and I recognise it might not be enough. I'm taking the risks I am and going public because it's a human rights issue that I must fight, alone if necessary. I certainly don't want to split the community and in fact want to build alliances with anyone we can. Any efforts you can make to improve the situation are greatly appreciated. Indeed, the simple act of helping get others into vaping is perhaps the most powerful thing all of us can do to change things. It's a viral movement of ex smokers helping others quit.

AVF Regular
    This may sound weird, but Ive thought about this a lot. Continuing from my opinion that vaping needs to be pushed by the industry, supported/pressured by the consumers...

I think the best thing we can do for vaping is to put an enormous amount of pressure on all cigalike makers/sellers (including Big T) to sell all their cigalikes with portable chargers. To make it practically mandatory for every cigalike to be accompanied with a box charger to the point that the general public automtically assumes they always come together unless you're buying a replcement or spare battery.

That and to pressure them to start making refillable cartos and or decrease the price of their pre-filled cartos by atleast half the price that they are now.

Enough Charge. Enough Nic. Never Smoke. That's the fundamental principle that should be pushed.

A box mod with an optional slot for a cigalike.... now that's an idea.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 25-08-15 at 09:44 PM.

Super Moderator
    Sort of like an eRoll?
    Fatman and nicoandlaughter like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast