Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Positive outlook Dr Joe

AVF Regular

Positive outlook Dr Joe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFSH1G77xl8
    Crisscross, bugzme and Pipesub like this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

With any luck it's just a matter of time. Well, the medical community may come around but will the laws?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipesub View Post
    With any luck it's just a matter of time. Well, the medical community may come around but will the laws?
    Fingers crossed

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

Super Moderator
    In Oct 2011, my daughter went to her GP and she (her doctor) recommended an e-cig to my daughter way back then, so I think the coal-face health professionals are more than likely to support vaping ... it's the academics who know what's best for us that are less than supportive.
    Fatman and Pipesub like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I was able to explain to my doctor and show her the ecig which has been the only method i have been successful with in my quest to stop my 27 years of smoking up to 40 per day. She was very supportive of my change and keen to learn more. She even asked me to show the quit nurses to educate them, but their reaction was totally opposite. All they were interested in knowing was how long it was going to take me to cut down and stop using my ecig, which i found extremely negative . I calmly pointed out that all of their gum,patches , & inhaler contain nicotine which was no different to my ecig, and that those questions wouldnt be asked , nor would i be judged so harshly if i was using their unsuccessful and expensive methods to stop smoking. Funnily enough there was no response to my statement.
    It seems to me that instead of sticking to tried and tested methods that fail , surely it is time for the blinkers to come off and take an unbiased look into the successful quitting rate people have achieved through the use of e cigs. After suffering a severe reaction from being prescribed their stop smoking drugs and ending up in emergency with heart attack symptoms ,i know for myself that i am much happier, healthier and succeeding with my e cig.
    Robray, gtadmin, Fatman and 4 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I was able to explain to my doctor and show her the ecig which has been the only method i have been successful with in my quest to stop my 27 years of smoking up to 40 per day.
    Your lucky, i told my doctor about mine.
    10mins of an angry rant about how i need to stop doing stupid stuff to my body (i wasn't the 1st time we have had that talk)
    Full panel of Blood tests ( i mean everything), battery of Xrays, echo cardiogram, Lung function test and a referral to a psychiatrist for and i quote " for being a Stupid twat"

...... if i didnt know any better id say he dosent like me
    gtadmin, sperex, Fatman and 2 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Not only he doesn't like you, but he's a quack. I wouldn't trust his professional opinion on any topic at all, especially my health.
    Tara likes this.

Super Moderator
    Hoofy? You really gotta stop talking to that guy in the white coat from the Simpsons... You DO know hes just a voice actor really don't you ?

Tara and Hoofprint like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    im serious thats what he did, he also did a follow up on my 1 year vaperversary.
    He still says im stupid, but he cant argue with the results,
    Not since my lung capacity has gone up over 50% im clearing 680's on the peak flow meters
    sperex likes this.

I'd find another doctor, but keep going back to that one, just to throw the improvements in his face ... but I'm an arsehole

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast