Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: NSW bans sale of e-cigarettes to people aged under 18

AVF Regular

NSW bans sale of e-cigarettes to people aged under 18

New laws coming into force today have banned the sale of electronic cigarettes to anyone under the age of 18 in NSW.
    A ban on vaping in cars and restrictions on the advertising and display of the devices will come into effect in December.

NSW bans sale of e-cigarettes to people aged under 18 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2478&dateline=1380789817

AVF Regular
    "So, of what we know, it's not good and the rest of it is unknown."

Ms Doyle said she had experienced the potentially harmful chemicals in e-cigarette vapours first hand.

"I had the not so pleasant experience of standing on a train station not so long ago next to a young lady who was on her e-cigarette and there was massive vapour around it," she said.
    Oh poor Miss She doesn't have a clue! What we do know is fine what we don't know is what potential regulators should look at.

However, Health Minister Jillian Skinner said she was not satisfied that is necessary.

"The jury is still out on whether there isn't some case for some electronic cigarettes, particularly those that have very low or no tobacco in them, as a potential harm minimisation or stop smoking aid," she said.
    Haha none have tobacco in them but at least she is leaning our way.

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks 1961-94

Super Moderator
    While I personally don't disagree with the sale to minors aspect, the attitude in Public Health & Government of "we dont know... therefore its bad " is flabbergasting and just damned lazy... it is taking the path of least resistance to fit in with a totally different agenda ( tobacco and ANTZ aims) If a Dept is aiming to legislate using "Science" as a pivotal tool , then it has a duty to not apply "guesses" and "speculation" when legislating... FFS imagine what would happen if Dept of Sustainability argued that an excess of water is fatal , therefore we should prevent peoples access to it in large amounts and force them to get prescriptions for 2 litres a day as a safe limit ...and water toxicity IS proven! The research is in !

Legislation like this is solely about "control" and grant investment/justification/keeping the Tobacco Gravy Train $$'s happening and has very little to do with Public Health

I for one personally do not believe Vaping is "Safe" Just as I do not believe anything is "Safe" Life by its very presence means ANYTHING is either good or bad for us depending on exposure, but I do believe from personal experience over the last 8 years that Vaping is better for me than Smoking, and more effective than any other form of NRT for me personally , and it has prevented me from smoking tobacco for many years, something NONE of their agenda ever did for me.

( oh and moving it to the political sub-forum lol )
    Last edited by Fatman; 01-09-15 at 11:35 AM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Is it time to poke the bears yet?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Im happy with the ban to be applied to under 18,s but im totally lost as to bans re vaping in cars .
    If the ban on vaping in cars is applied only as (per current legislation re tobacco smoking with children in vehicle )then YES it would have my vote .
    Any variation to above current applied legislation would be a total imposition and intrusion and denial of my personal rights IMO.
    Lets just wait and see .

Poor Ms Doyle ,i wonder if she eats outdoors or has her coffee sitting outside at cafe,s whilst she sucks up the exhaust fumes from passing vehicles (thats gotta be real healthy living ).
    Last edited by Oldhead; 01-09-15 at 03:32 PM.
    gtadmin likes this.

Jaz
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Has anyone seen the reasoning behind banning vaping in cars? Is it just with under 16s present, or in all circumstances?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
    Has anyone seen the reasoning behind banning vaping in cars? Is it just with under 16s present, or in all circumstances?

I would imagine that it is more to do with the fact smoking is banned in cars with minors and would make policing it very difficult as its hard to tell the difference from a distance.

I think its good that vaping sales to minors has been banned
    one less pointless argument to have with the clueless anti vapers
    gtadmin and Fatman like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Seems its ALWAYS time to poke the Fatman
    Crisscross, Cath Mort and bank like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Aren't you already on the "Bear Pokers" forum?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bank View Post
    Aren't you already on the "Bear Pokers" forum?
    I'm on many forums, I'm a non-discriminatory Noe.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast