Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Intellicig raises $3.1m funding for medical e-cigarette

AVF Regular

Intellicig raises $3.1m funding for medical e-cigarette

Pinched this from ECF
    Interesting reading

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...138027628.html

"the Nicadex electronic inhaler has been specially engineered and will be manufactured in the UK under the same stringent standards used for regulated medical products, and the pharmaceutical-grade nicotine solution it uses is being produced by CNC in its own UK-based cGMP facilities approved for the manufacture of prescription drug"
    Last edited by margyb; 26-01-12 at 06:48 PM.

interesting, looks like with the other thread discussing the pommy news article on that same device, at least part of that 3.1 million is going to marketting

the cynic in me also sees ..

part 1) get approved
    part 2) get all the others unapproved
    part 3) PROFIT
    zainwolf likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    yeah Stoney
    "get the others unapproved"--- that is the bit that worries me

They say
    "First, Nicadex will be tested in clinical trials and then submitted for regulatory review under the process used for other prescription NRT products, initially through the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) and then through the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory agencies."
    Last edited by margyb; 26-01-12 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    yeah Stoney
    "get the others unapproved"--- that is the bit that worries me
    If the general public doesn't make enough noise that is exactly what will happen. The gov'ment will respond with "well you can buy this one, what are you complaining about?"

Looks like the golden age of vaping is NOW and we had better enjoy it while it remains unregulated - hopefully for at least the next 5 years until the so called clinical trials are undertaken.

Super Moderator
    Personally, I don't trust the judgement of any one besides myself when it comes to my health. Especially given that our government etc still approves tobacco for sale...
    I'll do what I like thanks, not harming others.

So 3.1 mil to do what? There guna charge an arm and a leg for it I bet, and I do believe they will try and ban all the others. I just don't understand all the fuss over something that has 5 things in it, all of them we know exactly what they do.

I read on this article

http://quitforum.ca/nicadex-a-new-pl...the-nrt-front/

that they are going to try and get them out by summer 2012, not much research to me, because they already know what we all know, they are not as harmful as cigarettes!

The thing I find odd is they claim to be making the intellicig in the UK and the Nicadex will be UK manufactured. Why would they do that when the expertise is undoubtedly in China and all of the major electronic players move their manf to China because there is a skilled and cheap work force more than ready to to take up the challenge. If they really are going to manf in the UK expect prices like $99 for the nicotine delivery uinit (a 403 from the looks) on top of the already high price charged for ECOpure. The business model seems to be "smokers are will to pay high taxes to govts and pay up to $250 per weeks on smoking so the dumb addicted smoker will not mind paying through the nose for our product".

I love this line:

"What separates the Nicadex product from other available e-cigarettes is that Nicadex will have approval by government to be included as a NRT as part of a comprehensive smoking cessation program."

So essentially the product is exactly the same, it's just that the manufacturer have paid the fees to be "approved". Further proof it's all about money and not much else.

The upshot is, once this product is approved in the UK, the TGA's current stance becomes completely untenable. They currently admit that you can import nicotine spray despite it not being approved for local sale. This move will place e-cigs into the same category.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast