Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: In Malasya

AVF Regular

In Malasya

Regulate vape, says 50,000 who sign petition

Regulate vape, says 50,000 who sign petition - Malaysiakini
    Vaporific likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

tmi
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    haha. As if anything is really regulated in that country. (For those that don't know, they have an openly corrupt government with openly rigged elections and so on. )

But I'm not against what they're trying to do. It's definately a good thing but I'd be more worried about the electronics than the vape juice. The majority smoke or use shisha pipes regularly. If anybody's gonna have their face blown off, it's bound to happen in Malaysia.

AVF Regular
    The NGO " has succeeded in collecting 50,000 signatures from among e-cigarette or vape entrepreneurs and buyers "

Does anyone believe vapers are clamouring for regulation? What a load of toss.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    ... Does anyone believe vapers are clamouring for regulation? ...
    I had a hard time understanding exactly what they were saying in the news article. So I went on and found the petition itself. The We aim to regulate the Malaysian vape industry - petition (by the Malaysian Organisation of Vape Entities) has an English translation that states:
    We want the VAPING industry to be REGULATED so that we are assured of its QUALITY and SAFETY with products that are tested and approved as VAPING is a "VIABLE ALTERNATIVE" to smoking.BANNING it will affect us HEALTH WISE
    Google translate has the previous paragraph translated as:
    We want this VAPE APPROVED industry and supervised so that quality and safety are guaranteed with products tested and approved to be able BE VAPE a healthier alternative for smokers. Banning is not the solution they undermine the public who have been practicing vape as a healthier alternative.
    It turns out that at the moment vaping is entirely banned, but they want to see it regulated like tobacco (which is presumably only lightly regulated there) with basic safety standards. So 'regulate' can be thought of as 'legalized' I guess.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporific View Post
    I had a hard time understanding exactly what they were saying in the news article. So I went on and found the petition itself. The We aim to regulate the Malaysian vape industry - petition (by the Malaysian Organisation of Vape Entities) has an English translation that states:

Google translate has the previous paragraph translated as:

It turns out that at the moment vaping is entirely banned, but they want to see it regulated like tobacco (which is presumably only lightly regulated there) with basic safety standards. So 'regulate' can be thought of as 'legalized' I guess.
    That makes more sense.
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    I saw a news article recently that Malaysian politicians decided not to ban vaping.

I also spoke to two Malaysian vapers on the street last week and they said you can buy vaping stuff everywhere in Malaysia, unlike Thailand where everything's been shut down, much to my chagrin as I've run out of liquid and I was in Thailand.
    They said heaps of people vape in Malaysia but they're having to fight to keep on vaping.
    Vaporific likes this.

AVF Regular
    I saw a news article recently that Malaysian politicians decided not to ban vaping. ...
    How recently? Do you have a link? (I'd like to read it, even if I need to use Google translate to do so.)

I also spoke to two Malaysian vapers on the street last week and they said you can buy vaping stuff everywhere in Malaysia, unlike Thailand where everything's been shut down, much to my chagrin as I've run out of liquid and I was in Thailand.
    They said heaps of people vape in Malaysia but they're having to fight to keep on vaping.
    Thanks for the on-the-ground update.

Yes I'd heard that vaping was big in Malaysia - irrespective of the legalities. Pity to hear of your experiences in Thailand (for both you and Thai smokers).

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    I don't recall specifically, but this article is from last month:

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...-ban-on-ecigs/

Yeah, I was really frustrated to be in south Thailand, no vaping supplies. I joked to the two guys that I might get a boat to Langkawi to get stocks.

But it was too much hassle, so I'm back to smoking.... Annoyingly...
    Vaporific and nicoandlaughter like this.

AVF Regular
    I think Regulation is a good thing.......let me explain.

Look at Dr Crimmy's recent episode, with Regulation all juice makers would need to be registered and comply with standards.
    With regulation in Australia we would have the ability to produce and sell juice with Nicotine, keeping Australian Dollars in Australia.
    Paying Tax on Sales does help our economy, With Mining taking a fall and Oil prices also We face a recession by the End of this Financial year.
    Cigarette prices are still on the rise to help raise revenue this will bring more smokers over to Ecigs, as the industry grows here we should
    be supporting it and helping it grow to strengths like UK, EU and America, without regulation we cannot go any further than we have already.

Vapes need to start participating in these Petitions and Surveys, And become more active within the World wide community.
    Those of us on this Forum are a minuscule percent of Vapers within Australia.

We need Unity.
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

AVF Regular
    I don't recall specifically, but this article is from last month:

No ban on e-cigs - Nation | The Star Online

Yeah, I was really frustrated to be in south Thailand, no vaping supplies. I joked to the two guys that I might get a boat to Langkawi to get stocks.

But it was too much hassle, so I'm back to smoking.... Annoyingly...
    Major major bummer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast