Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: SA pubs want e-cigarettes banned in non-smoking areas

AVF Regular

SA pubs want e-cigarettes banned in non-smoking areas

SA pubs want e-cigarettes banned in non-smoking areas

No Cookies | The Advertiser
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    i really dont see a problem with that
    steve.c and DogMan like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Honestly think that's fair enough, as far as im concerned it's against common vaper etiquette to vape inside a public venue anyway...
    Last edited by VapeGoat; 16-10-15 at 02:06 PM.
    steve.c, DogMan and Josh84 like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    It doesn't need to be made law, nor should it.
    It should be up to individual businesses to choose whether vaping is allowed or not on their premises.
    Vaping poses no added risk to bystanders or said another way - there is no such thing as 2nd hand vapor, unlike with smoke.

Yes the plumes created look similar & may be hard for staff to know the difference by a quick glance, which may be a concern but it doesn't take much more to identify what someone is putting to their lips, a burning cigarette or an electronic device, also a casual walk by will inform the sense of smell if it is smoke or not, another way to easily distinguish the difference.
    If owners of business premises don't want to have to police their venues like this, then they have the right to ask patrons not to vape but those owners of businesses that want to allow vaping indoors should have the right to allow it too.
    Last edited by Noe; 17-10-15 at 01:34 AM. Reason: typos
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    How hard is it to walk outside and have a vape though really?
    Is it a hardship ?
    And given the fact that people can't be descreet vaping I can't blame them

I mean sat inside blowing clouds ( which I have seen first hand ) in a pub and then going but it's not smoke etc etc is bullcrap
    You can't smoke in a pub so why should you want or even feel the need to be allowed to vape in a pub, want to vape or smoke don't do it where the business owner says you cannot which is not up to owner but set out by the state or fed government

The whole it's vapour not smoke really grinds my gears tbh, yes it may be safer less toxic etc etc but the people that have never done either shouldn't have to sit in a haze of whatever
    My folks stayed at mine for the past 2 weeks and even though it was my place I never sat there clouding up the room.

Common decency and respect is all is needed

The few spoil it for many
    Fatman, 308hjute, ssstahly and 5 others like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    So it should be illegal?

I'm with noe. Big plumes inside are, most of the time, rude. Little whispy ego 70\30 Vape is usually fine, but .2ohm full vg lung hits would put anyone on the outside off.

But until they legislate against farting inside, no, it shouldn't be illegal.
    Noe and CCVaper like this.

AVF Regular
    Why not also ban non-alcoholic beverages from supermarket shelves too. Since it "does" technically look like alcohol. Seems simple to me, personally. It's not smoke.
    vapz likes this.

AVF Regular
    I don't vape where i wouldn't smoke. except for my castle. but out and about, why upset anyone? If the owner has no issue, then sure, have a puff. But I wouldn't cloud up the joint.

The beach is a different situation entirely
    tugboatofdeath and DogMan like this.

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    How hard is it to walk outside and have a vape though really?
    Is it a hardship ?
    And given the fact that people can't be descreet vaping I can't blame them

I mean sat inside blowing clouds ( which I have seen first hand ) in a pub and then going but it's not smoke etc etc is bullcrap
    You can't smoke in a pub so why should you want or even feel the need to be allowed to vape in a pub, want to vape or smoke don't do it where the business owner says you cannot which is not up to owner but set out by the state or fed government

The whole it's vapour not smoke really grinds my gears tbh, yes it may be safer less toxic etc etc but the people that have never done either shouldn't have to sit in a haze of whatever
    My folks stayed at mine for the past 2 weeks and even though it was my place I never sat there clouding up the room.

Common decency and respect is all is needed

The few spoil it for many
    The point is I respect the OWNER's wishes, whether that is commercial or private premises.
    Obviously blowing huge honking clouds is rude & likely to put business owners in the frame of mind to ban vaping inside their premises but being a little more discrete & scenting the air with fruity smelling vapor is not much different to spraying air freshener, as well as probably less hazardous to inhale too.

Personally, I think anyone that sprays too much perfume or splashes on too much aftershave smell offensive & their use of perfumes can be considered rude too but no one is ever going to suggest they ban perfume even though it can be considered air pollution by some people.
    It can cause some people to have asthma attacks & cause some to have headaches from being around or near someone that abuses perfume like that, it's a genuine health hazard for some people.
    Vaping by contrast, is generally not as offensive smelling as some perfumes, does not have negative health impacts on bystanders & the only real issue is a visual one. Ask a blind person what they find more offensive, a person wearing strong heady perfume or the scent of vapor from a PV, I bet they'll choose the perfume, vapor dissipates, perfume lingers & a blind person can't see the vapor, so won't get emotive about how it looks.

The objection to vaping indoors is mostly all about how it looks, not about the health or distress it causes other people, use a high PG liquid & there is virtually no vapor & it is probably beneficial to other peoples health since PG is highly effective at killing microbes, which means airborne bugs like cold & Flu are less likely to infect the vaper or non-vaping people around him/her.

I agree with your last point about decency & respect but the government shouldn't be telling us through legislature what decency & respect is & how to behave.
    We don't, as adults, need a nanny & even if we did, the government isn't the nanny we would need.
    Last edited by Noe; 17-10-15 at 01:34 AM. Reason: my typonese is fluent tonight.
    srb and VapeGoat like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    I agree with most of it noe
    But as I said the few spoil it for the many. Rules and regulations come about normally due to the few who spoil it for everyone else.
    RIP 22.12.2016

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast