Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

Just saw this on TV

So I'm "working" from home today and just saw this ad.

Something about it just doesn't sit right with me (and its not that he gets the year-old packet out of the cupboard, implying that he smoked stale tobacco). I guess the ad is positive in its own way - no one is perfect, just keep trying. It just makes me sad that for all the struggling quitters out there there is an alternative. Basically you can't have your cake and eat it too, but you can have your Cake MkII and eat it too.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Doesn't this add sort-of prove that smoking is not chemically addictive?

6 months is more than long enough to have all the chemicals out of your body, so any cravings you have would be habit, not addicition.

I went cold turkey for 6 months once after which time I somehow convinced myself that picking butts off the street , taking them home and rolling them into a cig was OK and was not officially smoking . This went on for a month or so until my better half caught on to what I was doing.

After that I was too scared to quit again. All that work and pain wasted. If I can convince myself that that was OK then I can convince myself of anything . I quit many times before that and it never got easier and I never got better at it .

For me that add is a complete load of the smelliest, grumpiest, crawliest most sniveling dog turd ever.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    I have a friend who is highly resistant to vaping because he doesn't see it as worthwhile because he is "trying to quit." He smokes about 5 cigarettes a day and also uses patches or gum to get him through. What a horrible existence. I think I might just give him and old eGo and get him started so he doesn't have to spend the money. He is notoriously tight.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Its all in the head that makes you addicted
    well thats what i believe

Stop smoking in analog and upgrade to HD vapor!

Even for the heaviest smoker electronic cigarettes would be the best way to get of the cigs.

works for

CCC
    I went down and down in mg strength when i was trying to quit smoking, then i stayed on 1mg for about 6 years, i am addicted to the action, so for me vaping was the only way.

I am sure you speak for most people who smoke CCC. But the script (pun intended) does not suit the pharmaceutical companies who want to "cure" a physical addiction to justify the multi-billion dollar nicotine replacement industry.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    I have a friend who is highly resistant to vaping because he doesn't see it as worthwhile because he is "trying to quit." He smokes about 5 cigarettes a day and also uses patches or gum to get him through. What a horrible existence. I think I might just give him and old eGo and get him started so he doesn't have to spend the money. He is notoriously tight.
    Tight enough to pay for smokes?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyjohn View Post
    I am sure you speak for most people who smoke CCC. But the script (pun intended) does not suit the pharmaceutical companies who want to "cure" a physical addiction to justify the multi-billion dollar nicotine replacement industry.
    Every time I see the above commercial the cynic in me wonders if the nicotine replacement industry isn't behind it. After all, in their world every time someone tries to quit they gain a potential customer for awhile.

The other commercial that irks me is with a woman who's quitting getting tempted all the time and a song and dance about will-power getting stronger every time you practice it. WTF? First her friends interrupt her conversation as they're going out for a smoke at a restaurant, then in the last scene they show her standing with her old smoking friends outside work. The last part blows me away. Like the makers of the commercial expect you to put yourself in difficult situations... which brings me back to: it's probably paid for or somehow thought of by the nicotine replacement industry.
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast