Linda Bauld of Stirling University was taken way out of context for this article in order to make a sensational headline : Its a good reminder about what the media can be like

It is time to take on the multi-million e-cigarette industry that is damaging the nation's health
It is time to take on the multi-million e-cigarette industry that is damaging the nation's health (From Herald Scotland)

And her comment in the comment box

Linda Bauld 9:03pm Sat 17 Oct 15

This letter was prompted by a highly misleading article which misquoted me and was written by a junior journalist from 'Deadline News' who was seeking alarmist headlines. Shame on The Herald for then carrying this syndicated article without question and thereby exploiting the views of a Scottish researcher who has spent her career evaluating approaches that prevent the uptake of smoking by young people and help adult smokers to quit. Over the years I have become used to attacks from the tobacco industry and their representatives - including a highly personal campaign against me during the period when I was the UK government's scientific adviser on tobacco control. I am hugely disappointed that this paper, and this letter, reflect the same sort of approach, but this time trying to demonise a product (e-cigarettes) that all reputable research indicates is far safer than smoking and provides a way out of the life-limiting illnesses and premature death that tobacco causes.