• 1 Post By CMB

Thread: Repost from other thread

AVF Regular

Repost from other thread

Because it is becoming news

Study: E-Cigarettes Users Risk Getting Popcorn Lungs
    Study: E-Cigarettes Users Risk Getting Popcorn Lungs - Softpedia

From the comments section - Comment by Crunchy

Reading this story is like going forward into the past. In 2012, the Colorado popcorn sniffer guy won $7 million from the diacetyl butter flavoring in his microwave popcorn. In 2012, people started asking about diacetyl in their e-liquid. That year diacetyl containing flavors were removed from all e-liquids. In 2015, only one product listed any and it was at a level equal to trace amounts or how much you would inhale from making coffee.

Another problem with this story is the sixty year old guy's story line of quitting e-cigarettes and his lungs cleared up. The reality is the 60 year old guy already had lung damage from smoking cigarettes. Tobacco cigarettes contain diacetyl in far larger amounts than any former e-liquid flavoring ever contained. This poor guy was quitting smoking and using e-cigarettes and his doctor wrongfully mistook his tobacco withdrawal symptoms as pertaining to the life-saving e-cigarette. It is normal for the micellia to start working again in your lungs and make you cough up the crud from smoking. This can go on for weeks. Gum withdrawal also occurs when quitting smoking. Smoking makes your gums swell and without tobacco smoke, your gums shrink and heal.

After two years of only vaping, my lungs feel great and I have more energy.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Foghorn ejuice under fire - This article belongs here

Lab tests reveal popular e-cigarette liquids contain harmful chemicals
    Gasping for Action | A Watchdog Report - Lab tests reveal popular e-cigarette liquids contain harmful chemicals
    Vapntime likes this.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

CMB
    AVF Regular
    I wonder how long it will be before this kind of stuff hits our shores? I am surprised it hasn't already actually. Our public health muppets are still going on about the gateway effect, think of the children, they don't help people quit and we don't know what's in them. They need to get with the times

AVF Regular
    Thats why I have my coffee and quietly follow the overseas news as well on vaping and snus - Its generally known that we tend to be 10- 15 years behind world policy -and now there are the new international agreements and an overall right wing swing... which will bring interesting consequences in the next couple years, both good and bad ...

In vaping all of the above and more will either be a godsend or a curse.. but vendors either way will have to start covering their asses (Esp with Public health scrambling to catch up) .. It will be interesting to see how it all goes

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before this kind of stuff hits our shores? I am surprised it hasn't already actually. Our public health muppets are still going on about the gateway effect, think of the children, they don't help people quit and we don't know what's in them. They need to get with the times

AVF Regular
    A quick look at chemicals in e-cigarettes with known hazards
    A quick look at chemicals in e-cigarettes with known hazards - News Sentinel Story

The Flavors and Extract Manufacturers Association, a trade group that represents the flavoring industry, lists more than two dozen flavoring chemicals it considers “high priority” in terms of posing a respiratory risk when inhaled.

The high priority designations were assigned based on available inhalation exposure data in animals and humans, according to a 2012 report from the association. The group also considered chemical structure, volatility and volume of use, among other factors.

Among those on the list known to be in some e-liquids: Acetaldehyde, acetoin, benzaldehyde, butyric acid, furfural and valeraldehyde.

Lower priorities, according to the flavoring association, but also on the list and in some e-juices: Cinnamaldehyde, ethyl acetate, ethyl alcohol, furfuryl alcohol and 2-Nonanone.

AVF Regular