• 4 Post By D1git
  • 3 Post By steve.c
  • 1 Post By anntra

Thread: What would you do?

AVF Regular

What would you do?

UK: Mom Is Furious When School Takes 14-Year-Old Sonís E-Cig Away From Him
    Mom Is Furious When School Takes 14-Year-Old Son's E-Cig Away From Him
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Fair enough the kids had a stressful time BUT, 14 years old and instead of getting a clip... I mean a stern talking to gets bought an e-cig......
    words escape me. Sorry but some parents need to just harden up. You're not intended to be their best friend (though we'd all love to be) you're there to be a role model and set the boundaries that so many kids I see don't have.
    this kind of babying can't end well.
    giruvian, gtadmin, Fatman and 1 others like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by D1git View Post
    Fair enough the kids had a stressful time BUT, 14 years old and instead of getting a clip... I mean a stern talking to gets bought an e-cig......
    words escape me. Sorry but some parents need to just harden up. You're not intended to be their best friend (though we'd all love to be) you're there to be a role model and set the boundaries that so many kids I see don't have.
    this kind of babying can't end well.
    Theyll smoke whether you like it or not. Set all the guidlines you want. I was the same age when i started smoking and ecigs didn't exist. At least the family is trying to deal with it with the best option available. Telling them not to do it will have either no or reverse effect.
    gtadmin, Vaporific and anntra like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    My parents did everything they could think of to stop me smoking, just made me learn to be sneakier and develop a dangerous 30 year habit. My 15 year old daughter also started smoking, she'd steal mine and sneak around behind my back, as a working single mum I can't watch her 24/7!

She now has an istick TC40w, same as me, 5+ months since either of us has had a stinky... I call that a bloody big win! but the biggest win is she rarely lies to me anymore, we enjoy vaping and testing new flavours and I can not only control her nic level (and mine) but I'm slyly bring it down, we started on 12mg and we're down to 6mg and she hasn't even noticed

I don't care who calls me a bad mum, I no longer battle with my girl because I'm winning the war!

p.s. she's allowed to leave school grounds during recess and lunch which is when she vapes, never on school grounds, gotta still follow their rules
    steve.c likes this.