• 14 Post By Dr Attila Danko
  • 4 Post By Mr Young
  • 3 Post By Dhufish
  • 4 Post By Dr Attila Danko
  • 1 Post By Rebel1

Thread: New Nicotine Alliance Australia: Engagement with Politicians

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

New Nicotine Alliance Australia: Engagement with Politicians

I'm very sorry I haven't been able to update everyone here, but just to let you know we had a very successful meeting with politicians in Canberra a week and a half ago, as well as a big Vape Meet in Ballarat, and on top of my normal full time job, I am preparing to meet with the South Australian Senate Inquiry next week. As you might imagine I have to concentrate on these opportunities to advocate for vapers rights and also spend time with my neglected family, so I haven't been able to post here earlier.
    We had a lot of interest and attendance from 5 Parliamentarians, and 20 offices sent their senior advisors. We had a very good response and spent an hour and a half in Parliament. I had a folio of detailed evidence and scientific papers covering every single aspect and any question that might be raised, however they were much more interested in the personal stories of us, who couldn't quit any other way. Evert Rauwendaal, a non vaper, (the tall young guy) who works at Quit, also came along with us, he is part of Alex Wodak's ADLRF and represents a powerful ally; they, including Alex, will be working increasingly closer with us to advance the cause.

Noe, margyb, Pleski and 11 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Nice one! I like this update.

AVF Regular
    Great to see some faces of the group.

Best of Luck.
    margyb, Cath Mort and Vaporific like this.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    We have a great crew. Forcing someone who looks like your grandmother back to smoking is not a good look for a politician. Judith (the one with the greyest hair) was fantastic; she has a great testimony of how vaping has saved her life, her emphysema is so much improved and her quality of life is so much better.
    margyb, Pleski, Cath Mort and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Great stuff and best of luck in your endeavors.
    Those implements hanging on the wall in the first pic night be needed to convince some State Health Departments though.
    Vaporific likes this.