Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Big tobacco companies not against vaping, says global vape association founder

AVF Regular

Big tobacco companies not against vaping, says global vape association founder

Big tobacco companies not against vaping, says global vape association founder
    Big tobacco companies not against vaping, says global vape association founder - The Rakyat Post - The Rakyat Post
    lheamfrg likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    This is actually bullshit.

Ray Story is head of TVECA.

TVECA are a trade association who's members mainly consist of cigalike manufacturers and sellers.

Big Tobacco are all about cigalikes, because they want their e-cig customers to maintain the familiarity of holding and using a real cigarette.

My prediction is that most of TVECA associated companies have dreams of being bought out by Big Tobacco, as was BLU, Social-Lites, E-lites, etc etc.

Are Big Tobacco against vaping? - No, they're against everything non-cigalike.

If you use and care about later generation products, including refillable tanks, then the trade associations to support are; AVA (US), SFATA (US), ECITA (UK), AVVC (Australian Vaper Vendors Counsel).

But not TVECA.

AVF Regular
    See my figuring was simply that they got thier wish in the UK and want to spread it - IMHO as much as crapalikes can be useful to some - they really are overall crap -

Interesting tho how the word 'vaping' is used to confuse people - Many wouldnt know the difference between what these companies are selling vs real vaping -

All smokers are evil and need to be cured or die afterall *rollseyes
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Many wouldnt know the difference between what these companies are selling vs real vaping

Simon Chapman knows the difference.

A lot of people dislike Simon Chapman because of his stance on e-cigarettes.

I don't.

I think everything Simon Chapman has said about e-cigarettes, from dual-use, to their uselessness, to re-normalisation and youth-gateway is absolutely valid........ for cigalikes.

However, in every television, radio and news media article interview, Simon Chapman intentionally conflates the cigalike and vapor-tank industries.

Simon Chapman knows the difference, but he doesn't inform the public about the two different product categories.

And for that, I think he is despicable.

AVF Regular
    Chapman is a douche - who made his career on quit or die- vaping is an inconveniance to that - esp considering Australia used to lead the world in demonising smokers - it was thier initial approach to smoking that was initially really instrumental in downing the smoking rates- until that is - smoking rates plateaued and vaping came in marring thier victory and failures over all

Legalising vaping is about PR atm and the truth is in many ways Simon and others like him are winning and could, if there is no change, win the case for BT and Pharma - and its no wonder -

even without having many vape advocates on my social media I can see that noone is really speaking up for vapers or smokers or correcting public misinformation- alot of people are leaving educating the masses only to 'experts' and so the masses have thier word against yours and so the PR fight is above the average persons head and not much say from average joe

How many average readers would know that Simon has no medical training or that he is a liar? https://twitter.com/simonchapman6/st...21981902557184

I think becareful also with the mantra that vaping as opposed to cigalikes is a cure all for smokers- it is not (A few of us here are proof of that and some need crapalikes in order to transition to vaping & stay off the smokes ) and would hate to see vapers treat potential or failing vapers in the same way as the medical (and general) community treats those who fail NRTs

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Simon Chapman knows the difference.

A lot of people dislike Simon Chapman because of his stance on e-cigarettes.

I don't.

I think everything Simon Chapman has said about e-cigarettes, from dual-use, to their uselessness, to re-normalisation and youth-gateway is absolutely valid........ for cigalikes.

However, in every television, radio and news media article interview, Simon Chapman intentionally conflates the cigalike and vapor-tank industries.

Simon Chapman knows the difference, but he doesn't inform the public about the two different product categories.

And for that, I think he is despicable.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 28-12-15 at 12:10 PM.

Big Tobacco are all about cigalikes, because they want their e-cig customers to maintain the familiarity of holding and using a real cigarette.
    I will have to disagree on this point. This is TC conspiracy theory. Far more likely reason the tobacco companies favor cigalikes is because it suits their distribution network. You can't sell anything bigger or more complicated than a cigalike in a supermarket or milkbar.

AVF Regular
    Agree to a point - but also keeping in mind that some cigalike companies have expanded to second gen PVs (over priced egos) as well as uber leet OP ranges that are often OP herb vaporisers or pvs with inter changable bits so it can be either a pv or herb vaporiser

Quote Originally Posted by pgscott View Post
    I will have to disagree on this point. This is TC conspiracy theory. Far more likely reason the tobacco companies favor cigalikes is because it suits their distribution network. You can't sell anything bigger or more complicated than a cigalike in a supermarket or milkbar.

AVF Regular
    All in all, I doubt they'll ever actually ban vaping products per se, as in tanks, RDAs, Provaris, Regulated and Mechanical mods, etc.

They will likely just tax the shit out of e-liquids, and of course, only allow cigalikes to be legally sold in retail outlets. You will still be able to buy the mods like Provari, etc, but you'll need to do that online as opposed to being able to walk into a store and buy them.

Getting the e-juice, again, will likely be online-only, and they will tax the living daylights out of it. So I'd expect a 300%+ markup just to cover the tax. Yeah, it sucks, but it's better than an outright ban.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamind2013 View Post
    You will still be able to buy the mods like Provari, etc, but you'll need to do that online as opposed to being able to walk into a store and buy them.

Getting the e-juice, again, will likely be online-only, and they will tax the living daylights out of it. So I'd expect a 300%+ markup just to cover the tax. Yeah, it sucks, but it's better than an outright ban.
    For people who dont have a lot of money, and for people who dont know how to shop online, what you describe here is a ban.
    Fatman likes this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    For people who dont have a lot of money, and for people who dont know how to shop online, what you describe here is a ban.
    Yet it doesn't stop me or other regional based peeps who have zero access to B&Ms
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast