• 1 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 1 Post By disley
  • 1 Post By PurpleVapes

Thread: This is doing the rounds -

AVF Regular

This is doing the rounds -

Here is the full document

http://corporateeurope.org/sites/def...pharma_web.pdf

This is a big document to read through about SGK TPD via Dave D. VOVHADLTBGYD@Hifistud

http://www.asktheeu.org/en/request/1...Annex%2037.pdf

Here is some easier to understand background
    The pharmaceutical interests supporting Tobacco Control
    Pharma - TobaccoControl Tactics

Also

this from Jan last year
    GlaxoSmithKline rejected e-cig buy to beef up stop-smoking franchise
    GlaxoSmithKline rejected e-cig buy to beef up stop-smoking franchise - FiercePharma

and this interesting article about pharma and the TPP australia from June

Big pharma is the real winner in TPP plan
    Big pharma is the real winner in TPP plan - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

and this from the financial review about taxes & pharma

Pharmaceutical companies pay just $85 million tax on $8 billion revenue
    Pharmaceutical companies pay just $85 million tax on $8 billion revenue | afr.com

So really no surprises and things have been in the works for at least a year - if not longer
    gtadmin likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I can't remember if I've already posted this link, it's worth watching again.
    The TPP will give multinational (US) corporations control of the world as we know it.
    The things it allows them to get away with are mind boggling.
    Our governments are giving away our sovereignty and we will never get it back.
    Big companies will become our government, and they can stop any legislation.
    Watch the video and get a glimpse of the future...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EriEOWHPqcU

AVF Regular
    Well Disley - heres the Dillema that smokers and vapers face atm

The TPP was brought in by the ALP who dont like smoking and are unlikely to support vaping unless something dramatic happens- on the 50% chance they throw NLP out they will raise smoking to $40 per pkt and smokers &vapers will be left to sink or swim using NRTs or anti depressants not meant for healthy people - This will leave pharma and also BT who make nic very happy to count thier profits- The ALP also has a strong rapport with big pharma who provide a tonne of reseach money as well as provide policy recomendations

on the other hand the NLP who have control of the TPP atm - also have a corporate libertarian think tank (IPA) strongly behind them which is heavily funded by pharma, BT and Murdoch - again pharma or like the uk TB profit

If voters go independant, their votes could be funnelled to either party

Either way smokers/ vapers could be f^#ked sideways, both pharma and BT win- if something dramatic doesn't happen and soon but remember- its for peoples own good & health and safety *rolls eyes

But heres the kicker regarding the TPP

Trans-Pacific Partnership will barely benefit Australia, says World Bank report
    Trans-Pacific Partnership will barely benefit Australia, says World Bank report

Hope for the best - prepare for the worst ...
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 12-01-16 at 09:13 PM.
    disley likes this.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

AVF Regular
    I've been receiving union emails to fight against the TPP.
    After watching the youtube video, I am only now realising how dangerous this agreement is.
    Little to do with trade, everything about controlling a country and its people.
    We must fight against the TPP, unfortunately it's being negotiated behind closed doors, and even politicians aren't allowed to get copies and read it.
    We are being shafted and we won't know about it until it's too late.
    Most of us are too lazy to find out about the TPP, they think it's a trade agreement.
    It's about everything, and our politicians and bureaucrats are negotiating away Australian sovereignty.
    Last edited by disley; 12-01-16 at 11:06 PM.

AVF Regular
    Just a little history about what went down in December 2013:

The EU Parliament voted for e-cigarette regulation that was fairly reasonable - 30mg/mL limit, and a few disastrous things left out that would pretty much satisfy everyone in the vaping community except the extreme vapers who want absolutely no regulation.

Then the regulations had to be negotiated with the European Commission, which is another branch of the EU government.

These negotiations were conducted BY members of the EU Parliament who voted FOR ecigs to be reguated as medicines.

That's equivalent to asking the fox (who lost the vote) to negotiate with the cat about what to do with the chickens, on a rule voted by the chickens.

Oh, and the cat wears a GSK emblem on its collar.

The result is what you see in article 20 today.

AVF Regular
    Personally I will be very interested to see what the Voke lawsuit against the TGA brings - its the same company Nicovations who make the evoke in the UK -

Lucky some aussies see no problem with cigalikes and medicalising - I guess ..

Interesting things regulations and notions of free trade - how much is too much? WHo do the regulations really serve? Who will gain and who will lose? and should Oliver twist really ask for more, will that make him extremist or a negotiator if he asks for more?

Interesting times we live in ... Just interesting times .. oh welp my movie awaits
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 13-01-16 at 12:33 AM.