Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Should we care about the 10mL bottle limit in the EU TPD?

AVF Regular

Should we care about the 10mL bottle limit in the EU TPD?

Its confirmed for me. Making up more than a 10mL stock is a waste of nicotine.

The past few months since I began vaping only one flavour I've been making 30mL batches. 30mL takes about 2-3 weeks for me to complete. However by the end of the bottle, the throat hit becomes so weak that I usually throw the last 5 or so mLs out and make up a fresh pot.

This occured also when I purchased 30mL bottles of Halo ejuices.

So I now make 3 x 10mL batches instead (using smaller bottles). The result is a continuous consistent vape. I believe this is most likely due to the amount of oxygen that can enter a lesser than full bottle, oxidising nicotine to cotinine and affecting the overall throathit and vape.

Relating to the EU TPD, I think the 10mL bottle limit is actually a good thing, we (and the people who introduced it thinking they could harm vaping) just don't realise it.

I don't think there's any limit on how many 10mL bottles you can purchase. If you want 30mLs of ejuice, just buy 3 bottles.
    steve.c likes this.

Super Moderator
    Yet I make 100ml batches, each put aside for at least 3 months before I use them ... so I have 400ml already made (all the same flavour)
    CMB and akef38 like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    I just put 100mg straight into the VG bottle these days usually 200ml VG. Then I fill up a 30ml bottle. When that runs out I fill it up.

Super Moderator
    As I vape unflavoured a lot of the time I regularly mix up to 2X 100ml at a time ( 1 month easy per 100ml ) and as I use concentrates if I want to add flavour I dont mind diluting my nic down and just slipping a few drops in a tank ... I think its a cautious road needed to tread when talking about limits on things... what suits one rarely suits another? I can fully agree on an upper mg limit for purchase as regard to nic for DIY but this is more for safety concerns of the unwary as in postal workers etc and newbs who think "Pure" means Good!
    Legislation for safeties sake I can stomach ( i.e. no more than 200mg/litre sales) , but interference "because we can" or "this might get us some votes" is a crap way to do things IMO .
    gtadmin and akef38 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Can't say I'm experiencing the same problem as you, I feel like the lack of throat hit your attributing to the nicotine degradation is actually just a properly steeped juice... You wouldn't be the first one to enjoy the burn of a freshly mixed juice over a smoother steeped one. I just don't think the nicotine will degrade in such a short period of time. What nicotine strength are you vaping and what's your VG/PG ratio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Try ordering 100ml of liquid from so uk sites and get ready for for 10 x 10ml bottles
    It's annoying
    It adds to cost
    It's adds to recycling / landfill
    floorzone2, CMB and Fatman like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Its confirmed for me. Making up more than a 10mL stock is a waste of nicotine.

The past few months since I began vaping only one flavour I've been making 30mL batches. 30mL takes about 2-3 weeks for me to complete. However by the end of the bottle, the throat hit becomes so weak that I usually throw the last 5 or so mLs out and make up a fresh pot.

This occured also when I purchased 30mL bottles of Halo ejuices.

So I now make 3 x 10mL batches instead (using smaller bottles). The result is a continuous consistent vape. I believe this is most likely due to the amount of oxygen that can enter a lesser than full bottle, oxidising nicotine to cotinine and affecting the overall throathit and vape.

Relating to the EU TPD, I think the 10mL bottle limit is actually a good thing, we (and the people who introduced it thinking they could harm vaping) just don't realise it.

I don't think there's any limit on how many 10mL bottles you can purchase. If you want 30mLs of ejuice, just buy 3 bottles.
    30ml takes you 3 weeks to complete? That lasts me a week. I havent had that prob. and if its lasting you that long mix less. Prob solved.

AVF Regular
    30ml takes me 2 weeks to get through... I never noticed any difference from the the first fill to the last one in a bottle.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    30ml = 2 days vaping.
    eteach likes this.

AVF Regular
    I mix my waffles 'n maple in 120ml batches, never noticed any deterioration with it.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast