Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Sajem
  • 1 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 3 Post By Mathy
  • 1 Post By rebelagainstthemachine

Thread: Dr Colin Mendehlson - An Australian plea for deregulating nicotine vaping products

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Dr Colin Mendehlson - An Australian plea for deregulating nicotine vaping products

Interesting article by Colin Mendehlson An Australian plea for deregulating nicotine vaping products | PGVG Magazine
    Last edited by Sajem; 20-01-16 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Fixed link

AVF Regular
    It is an interesting article thankyou for posting - but noticed a link directly under which is also interesting ... wondering if there will be a pill for vapers soon?

Promising insights in the treatment of nicotine dependence
    Promising insights in the treatment of nicotine dependence | PGVG Magazine
    TrueNews likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    It is an interesting article thankyou for posting - but noticed a link directly under which is also interesting ... wondering if there will be a pill for vapers soon?

Promising insights in the treatment of nicotine dependence
    Promising insights in the treatment of nicotine dependence | PGVG Magazine
    Firstly, the article written by the cutely named "PGVG" is a dubious "journalistic interpretation" of the original, which is available Here

The aforementioned "PGVG" seem to be THR people, who appear to support vaping whilst being somewhat politically naive. Haven't read anything from them prior to this.

Rebs, I don't now anyone who's interested in taking a pill for so called nicotine "dependence" - difference from Champix and NRT is????? Seriously WTF?

AVF Regular
    Two rticles like that one

Here

Brain 'Switch' To Turn Off Nicotine Cravings Identified

Agree about the pill but not everyone is vape/ nic smart - on my social media many support prohibition of vaping, snus and analogues- peeps believe all nic is the devil - despite the lack of evidence - Many newbies never go to any forum..

What if its a case of medicalise vaping to quit the smoking - repeat the line nicotine is addictive and harms your unborn baby - then give them a pill to quell the vaping ? Wont account for those who vape no nic- or only use nic for mouth throat hit, flavor etc ..

But we are talking a potentially huge market and morailty in harm reduction really has nothing to do with anythhig when it comes to money - as we already know

A case of we will see I guess ..

Quote Originally Posted by Mathy View Post
    Firstly, the article written by the cutely named "PGVG" is a dubious "journalistic interpretation" of the original, which is available Here

The aforementioned "PGVG" seem to be THR people, who appear to support vaping whilst being somewhat politically naive. Haven't read anything from them prior to this.

Rebs, I don't now anyone who's interested in taking a pill for so called nicotine "dependence" - difference from Champix and NRT is????? Seriously WTF?
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

AVF Regular
    Personally I prefer the NMIH term EI ("Electronic Inhalator")

The TGA like the term "Inhalator" - in fact in 2011 they insisted on a name change from "Nicorette Inhaler" to "Nicorette Inhalator" when (trying to ban Nicotine for 'ecigs') giving 'Nicorette Inhalers' a free pass to 'Unscheduled Nicotine Land'.

Thank you TGA - I bought a 'nicorette inhalator' and can now legally import nicotine to fill up my overly expensive 'nicorette inhalator' cartridges.

AVF Regular
    Is Mendleson actually suggesting banning vaping in the already incredibly strict smoke-free areas? That would be really outrageous.

I'd rather things stay as they are if it means we don't get a whole lot of ridiculous bureaucratic fiddling.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueNews View Post
    Thank you TGA - I bought a 'nicorette inhalator' and can now legally import nicotine to fill up my overly expensive 'nicorette inhalator' cartridges.
    Can you elaborate on that?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueNews View Post

AFAIK You still require a prescription from a doctor

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    That's my reading of the reg too.

Just curious, are there any reports of doctors giving nic prescriptions to patients? I'd imagine it never happens.

AVF Regular
    Pleski - this is the closest I have seen

Legal nicotine from an Australian source

Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    That's my reading of the reg too.

Just curious, are there any reports of doctors giving nic prescriptions to patients? I'd imagine it never happens.
    Pleski likes this.