Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Fractal

Thread: WA unpaid? job vacancy

AVF Regular

WA unpaid? job vacancy

Wasnt going to post this at all for fear of being jumped on by advocates -but think I prolly should so that WA AVFers can apply if they want to

Understanding the health effects of electronic cigarettes

Understanding the health effects of electronic cigarettes

Spoke to a freind about it - They think it might be setting up a consumer base to validate the biased ANTZ perspective, like has happened before with research in Australia and vaping

I dont know much about it - but its here now
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Spoke to a friend about it - They think it might be setting up a consumer base to validate the biased ANTZ perspective, like has happened before with research in Australia and vaping
    Hmm....

"Their use is widespread and increasing rapidly especially in teenagers."

"In many countries, the number of people regularly using e-cigarettes is doubling annually. There are an estimated 200,000 current Australian users."

"the potential for e-cigarette use to impact health is virtually unknown."

"The limited information that currently exists suggests that they are likely to be bad for your health".

"There is also evidence to suggest that pregnant women are more likely to use them compared with conventional cigarettes, although we do not know their effects on the developing baby."

"In Australia, the laws surrounding the importation, sale and use of e-cigarettes are vague".

Just from reading the ad, I strongly suspect that your friend is correct. In my opinion the ad is dripping with bias, factually incorrect and deliberately misrepresented information, and manipulative "weasel words".

Still, I think it would be far better to have one of our lot (and by that I just mean an informed, articulate vaper) be a lone dissenting voice, rather than have no dissenting voice involved at all. Best of luck to anyone who goes for it.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.