Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: febuary legislation in south australia?

AVF Regular

febuary legislation in south australia?

can anybody help me out with any info or a quick link if there is one about the possible new legislation that may be passed in south australia?I haven't been on here in quite some time,well thats not true i follow as much as i can but have sort of gone underground as i work in two shops in adelaide,those that know will know,will know me,those that don't hopefully sometime soon i will have the pleasure of meeting you soon. What my concern is and i have been observing this for some time now,there is a huge market for vaping unfortunatly some times it's not being handled innapropriatly because well newbies just we'll maybe it's supposed to taste crap or that a nautilus mini on a hundred watt eleaf is what it's supposed to be,again my concern is that, and the political games the government are playing at the moment are going to be the downfall of reputable businesses. which in turn we all loose especially those that may not have the funds to purchase a decent unit but encounter someone who has numerous and is willing to donate one to there cause,i had close to 40 and am down to my trusty seigeli 150 and my xcube but hey also what about an elderly individual who has been on the anologues for 50 years may or may not have the computer knowledge base to source reliable products online, those situations a a vendor break my heart. Time permitting if i can get enough info i am hoping to use my position to help lobby against this,i'm hoping to create some petitions not only for sa,and maybe set up a meeting with local vapers. So if anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated, please feel free to pm me or just respond with thoughts.As well, thank you to all to take thew time to read this
    wedgtail likes this.

AVF Regular
    the steamers were getting a vendor association together, might be worth contacting them by the sounds
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DogMan View Post
    the steamers were getting a vendor association together, might be worth contacting them by the sounds
    is that shaun up in sydney, yeah been speaking to him recently because we might bring his and perino into our place,we'll see
    DogMan likes this.

AVF Regular
    I'm sure there is a smoke free traders association in SA
    Might be worth investigating
    Vaporific likes this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianS View Post
    I'm sure there is a smoke free traders association in SA ..
    CASFA - headed by Savvas Dimitriou. He gave evidence to the public inquiry into vaping in SA.

The (NSW based) one is Australian Vaper Vendors Counsel. They weren't established before the SA hearings.

Of course, the New Nicotine Alliance (Australia) also gave evidence to the committee.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    ok i feel i need to start again with this,was late last night and was researching stuff. Now this is were i'm going with this,as a vaper of numerous years now i have watched it change, last year due to the hard yards i had put in learning to mix,fix and well be patient whilst waiting for my little box of shiny stuff from where ever i givin the privelage of a position as a vendor. Now over that time i have seen some weird stuff, made some wonderful friends and well had the privelage of helping so many people to kick the anolouges. How did i do that, my passion for vaping, my thirst for knowledge on evrything world wide in regard to politics, rules and regulations etc. Weird stuff, well i been privy to see so many come through my doors asking why isn't thisworking, i took the box home and opened it put it together and well tried and tried but nothing happened, so i'll take the unit, 5 clicks and presto, i ask constantly WHY the individual you purchased this from NOT set it up in front of you and tell you this info,why does someone put a nautilus mini on a subohm tc unit an tell them not to push it past 15watts, very comon occurance round here,a naut mini retails for about 36$ when a sense herakles tc tank is $47,juice litres of it in my kitchen at home from what were once reputable vendors that people with ulcers, anxiety, shakes,you all know what happens with to much nic but newbies don't,why when a newbie comes in asking for 24 mg because they think they need the nic to kick ciggy's does a vendor not explain hang try 12 or 8 first,see how it goes you may not even need nic but why is the quality of the products changing,capitalism,the american $ for quality is hurting my place but we refuse to change anything or the price at the moment and well hopefully if we garner enuff customers we will keep it that way and well we definatly have enuff very loyal customers that we appreciate for being there from day one,offering us advice on flavours by us giving them samples of new stuff we are making and accepting their suggestions. Every juice i sell i know the quality of because i make it,i always encourage newbies to ask to have a littl taste on their finger i have taught them how to recognize to much nic and what it does and how to identify second rate product. further more i have taught them how to mix concentrates so they can open up a new world of flavors for themselves and diy it. every mod that leaves the premise is set up and operating, i always have batteries on charge it is not the newbies responsibility to have to take a product home and put it together themselves i'll just see them the next day with burnt coils because they were'nt explained to that man you need to prime the coil, exploded batteries on mecs because they we'rnt told how to correctly install the batteries, or were given a mini to run on it or even worse a hundred fifty unit because the vendor doesn't realise the tankk won't go over 50 watts without frying,clones, don't get started. i'll gladly buy a glacier dripper for 80$ knowing full well it's a clone but as a vendor will not pass one off as genuine,the list goes on. .As a vendor i feel just like in any industry to have a duty of care. What is frustrating me as of late is that to many vendors worldwide are seeing this as a huge opportunity to cash in quick using cheap products, and i stress not ALL but to manybefore this vaping was more of a subculture we were a secret group, know my 11 year old see's them evrywhere and i feel great pride when when he says "dad did you sell them that" and i stop and talk to the individual ask them how they're going with it,how they're doing,they're a new member of our comunity and to them i'm more than just the dude that sold them an ego that ended up in the bin cause well,i don't know i am trying to very much hold an on the fence stance at the moment on all subjects ie what works versus whats junk in this day age so keep my views to my self and again not name names that is not my purpose for returning here to speak to the comunity. i'll try and get to the point in my shop alone in one year i seen this grow after christmas we'll it's gone so crazy it's not even funny,what i want to convey is that well hundreds of newbies have passed through the doors since all the christmas parties/n family/n new yers eve stuff and i've been teaching them, i want to take that a step further i have gathering there emails so that i can continue to bombard them facts to keep them vaping pecause lets face,those on here get it,newbies probly won't ever with out the info being given to them,that is what will keep them vaping,the truth(i know that sounds very xfiles) now my thoughts are this if i can keep my newbies who everyday are bringing new ones and i mean that literally,and we can keep them vaping,well from my observations this year very soon we will have majority power. what my intentions with all this is that well hopefully the government will figure out what they're doin an give up,and come to reputable vendors and say "hey,we been watching you,you've and upholded a standard in regards to quality,honesty,education mixing,we need people to become teachers so that people don't get hurt or even worse because some cowboy got a job in a vape shop,thought he was uber cool,but after awhile became slack with things and weel now someones dead,what we need is a tafe course setup,"i hope you get what i'm saying,but look there's people out there that need these shops because they cant source stuff themselvesie:the elderly,handicapted. i have one family i respect greatly because they brought their son to me to get him off the ciggys,he will never come alone he knows that,but his parents refusse to ignore the fact that he's very young but already is very addicted to ciggys,so they get him his juice,much respect to them. and well in all my time in there, that is the only kid i have encountered.we need to keep this influx of newcomers in the seen and i am hoping to start that ball rolling,i am not willing to associate it with our shop this is off my own back, because well hell if this all goes south because of the government or dodgy vendors i'd hate to see whats going to happen to all these people who finally found something that might save them. So if anybody would like to talk about this privatly pm me as i don't want to start a political debate on here but want to put out this idea an give you guys pause for thought.Also i'd like to thank rebelagainstthe machine,you my friend havebeen an inspiration,trying to run these shops and a 11 year doesnt leave much time to find all that have,thankyou.
    Last edited by mattydredd; 28-01-16 at 10:44 PM.

AVF Regular
    Matty I would really like to understand where you are going but the wall of text is really difficult for me to read.

Can you perhaps reformat it so that it's a bit easier to read.
    Stomp, TrueNews, ssstahly and 2 others like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisscross View Post
    Matty I would really like to understand where you are going but the wall of text is really difficult for me to read.

Can you perhaps reformat it so that it's a bit easier to read.
    tafe course for vendors

PM matt if interested in helping set it up

AVF Regular
    My eyes are bleeding... I would like to read it, please use paragraphs.
    arth_d and steve.c like this.

AVF Regular
    sorry guys is the text not coming out clear?i've been having issues with my o/s

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast