• 2 Post By Nothingexpert

Thread: ABC 702 Nightlife Segment Colin Mendelsohn vs Renee Bittoun

AVF Regular

ABC 702 Nightlife Segment Colin Mendelsohn vs Renee Bittoun

Definitely worth a listen. Hear the ANTZ's arguments getting obliterated

https://soundcloud.com/user-90599367...gment-01022016
    Cath Mort and btobw like this.

AVF Regular
    Yes, she really fell apart. Painful to hear.

It's refreshing to hear some sense for a change.
    tugboatofdeath and DogMan like this.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    It seemed to me that the implication of her closing statement basically was "**** the older generation. They will die out and then no one will smoke." What a lovely sentiment.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Cath Mort likes this.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Lucky for the older generation Dr Colin Mendelsohn is one of a couple of doctors who appear to be advocating for medicalising vaping in Australia - so there's that I suppose .. *sighs ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    It seemed to me that the implication of her closing statement basically was "**** the older generation. They will die out and then no one will smoke." What a lovely sentiment.

Cath Mort likes this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Lucky for the older generation Dr Colin Mendelsohn is one of a couple of doctors who appear to be advocating for medicalising vaping in Australia - so there's that I suppose .. *sighs ..
    That is true. What concerns me as well is the level of ignorance as to the praxis of vaping. "Getting an ecig with or without nicotine" really sounds about five or six years out of date. Do these people not bother to research the products they are discussing? Is this a deliberate attempt to keep the dialogue confined to disposables and prefilled products? All the industry really needs is mandatory labeling standards for ejuice and quality assurance for mods and batteries. This would minimise the potential for deaths from poor product and misuse and still allow people the freedom to control their own harm reduction and quit programs. Oh wait, I forgot that freedom is out of style.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

AVF Regular
    I think thats why I would quietly love to see a discussion outside of the medical to help balance things out and provide a consumer perspective - Doctors are lovely & needed but imho if we only have a limited medical discussion thats all we may end up with -

As much as I loath to admit it - I would like to see more leonardo di caprios and kardashians (shudders at the thought of both ) who vape in public and other personalities who have nothing to do with the medical other than to have quit smoking via vaping or in my case vaping then snus ..

Personally also I would also like to see clear labeling of product so that it says e-juice and avoids words like organic - that would cover the children and misinformation

Anhoo my two cents I best get on with my day - You have a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingexpert View Post
    That is true. What concerns me as well is the level of ignorance as to the praxis of vaping. "Getting an ecig with or without nicotine" really sounds about five or six years out of date. Do these people not bother to research the products they are discussing? Is this a deliberate attempt to keep the dialogue confined to disposables and prefilled products? All the industry really needs is mandatory labeling standards for ejuice and quality assurance for mods and batteries. This would minimise the potential for deaths from poor product and misuse and still allow people the freedom to control their own harm reduction and quit programs. Oh wait, I forgot that freedom is out of style.

tugboatofdeath and Fatman like this.
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    I think what had me yelling at my phone most was the anecdote about the BAT reps she met with and dismissed just because they worked for a tobacco company. That's some high level intolerance.

AVF Regular
    Just listened to this. That lady made me pretty angry.