Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: The Official ATACA thread

The Official ATACA thread

ATACA has been pretty quiet of late (OK, dead might be a better term) so with World Vaping Day coming up I decided it was time to do something about that.

So far this evening I have:

1. Changed the front page to an article on World Vaping Day
    2. Setup a PayPal "donation" button (big thanks to the two of you who have already donated!)
    3. Setup a MailChimp account (for a mailing list)
    4. Imported the current member list into MailChimp (and 15 people have already confirmed)
    5. Locked commenting to members only

I'll use this single thread to keep ATACA activities up to date. The biggest change I made tonight was a minor alteration to the name. Since one of the stated goals is a fairer look at taxation and bans of tobacco products I have changed the full name to:

Australian Tobacco and Alternatives Consumer Association

I will soon get in touch with the snus user group STAG to see in what ways we might be able to work together in the future.

I urge everybody here to have a look at the site, let me know if there are any mistakes or typos, but most importantly to sign up. Just like this forum, ATACA exists to support it's members and would be nothing without them.

Over the next few days I'll get back in contact with the person who offered to help us design a logo, and start work on getting "Member Vendors" back onboard with linkbacks and a "call to arms" in their next mailing list.

If anybody has any comments, suggestions or criticism, please leave a comment below, or email me directly at s.nolan AT ataca DOT org DOT au.
    Genecigs likes this.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    2. Setup a PayPal "donation" button (big thanks to the two of you who have already donated!)
    I have donated ten dollars to the cause! You do brilliant work for Australian vapers and those looking for an alternative Soundasleep. Brilliant work and more then deserving of a donation.

AVF Regular
    Nice work SAS

I thought ATACA was on holiday not dead (LOL)
    My first donation paypalled to you
    Last edited by margyb; 13-02-12 at 11:27 PM.

If by holiday you mean looking after my Little L, then I suppose it has been ;p

Huge thankyou to those who have donated already. Getting those PayPal emails was certainly a big surprise!

I'll be leaving the money in a seperate account until I decide exactly how it can be best spent. Maybe one day I will be the position to do this fulltime, but certainly not today!

Do we really need to bag the other site on there? It's not professional when you are trying to get donations. If you must then you should at least get the facts right otherwise what is to say everything else on the site is correct.

The way I see it he was baited into biting by a few members here. I'm starting to dislike this place more and more everyday with the moderation. All that is going to happen if it keeps up is push people over to hacks forum or even worse the .com.au

Awaiting the ban hammer for speaking out.

Edit: To clarify - I am referring to the Blog

By continuing this feud, we as a community are no better.
    Last edited by blah; 13-02-12 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Clarification and Error

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by blah View Post
    Do we really need to bag the other site on there? It's not professional when you are trying to get donations. If you must then you should at least get the facts right otherwise what is to say everything else on the site is incorrect.

The way I see it he was baited into biting by a few members here. I'm starting to dislike this place more and more everyday with the moderation. All that is going to happen if it keeps up is push people over to hacks forum or even worse the .com.au

Awaiting the ban hammer for speaking out.
    You have made a number of assertions and assumptions now and all are clearly wrong. If you wish to comment on people talking about things they dont have an understanding of then perhaps you should also cease?

Its very clear that you are attempting to get a reaction from the moderators that you will not get.

I do not understand why you are trying to act like some sort of "rebel" or why you would expect a ban in the first place but you seem very insistant. You are welcome to speak your mind and I have not yet moderated you for doing so and unless you cross some sort
    of line in the future nor can I see myself doing so.
    Last edited by JatoOspry; 13-02-12 at 11:02 PM.

Ban hammer isn't required, and I'm happy for this to be the thread where this can be reasonably discussed.

I was very careful when writing that piece for it not to end up a downright attack. The person in question has a long history in several online communities and has been perma-banned from ECF as a result. That in itself is no easy task. I was also sure to try and talk to him directly about the issues before posting anything at all.

Yes, he was baited by a particular member here as there are some personal issues at play that are none of our business. However the correct response would have been to not bite back, report the post, and possibly PM Jato directly. Instead he decided to go at it hammar and tongs. It has become very clear from the correspondence that I have had with him today that he feels like everybody is against him and he did nothing wrong. We don't the exact details of what went down 18 months ago but in any conflict both sides will be responsible for their actions and nobody is ever 100% to blame.

What I do know from personal experience is that his continual personal attacks were part of the reason the Whirlpool e-cig was closed. He was warned by WP mods on several occasions yet continued to do the same thing until it killed the thread. Yes, it wasn't the ONLY reason the thread was killed but it certainly played a big part. Many of us found out about e-cigs on WP and the closure was a big loss.

As stated, I have nothing against somebody starting another Australian vaping forum, regardless of the reasons behind it. What I have a huge issue with is copying the existing forum wholesale and causing unneccesary confusion.

As I told him directly, all it would take is for him to change the name to something else (I even offered to pay for a new domain) and I would support him 100%. He is an extremely knowledgable individual and is able to provide a lot of help to new vapers (as he did for me when I first started).

In such a small country, with laws that are currently against us, what we need is unity. His actions and correspondance with me today have made it clear that he has no interest in working together and is allowing his person issues to dictate his behaviour.

How could anybody possible support this?

Check your email again SAS !!!

PayPal button pressed...

Buy genuine e-cigarette gear - Check out www.vapebar.com.au

AVF Regular
    [QUOTE=soundasleep;49364
    4. Imported the current member list into MailChimp (and 15 people have already confirmed)
    [/quote]

I nearly wasn't. I wasn't sure what the Email was for and the only link was for your Email address. As soon as I read your message I went back and found the mail in my trash folder and confirmed my subscription. Phew!
    Vaper since 11 Dec 2011

Joyetech Evic-VTC MINI, eLeaf TC40 x2, Uwell Crown & Aspire Titan2

Vaping Blog: http://gaelyne.com/category/vape-away/

AVF Regular
    apologies in advance for being a grammar nazi but since this will be potentially read by a lot of people, i felt compelled.

tobacco related
    tobacco-related
    technically is nothing
    technically, nothing
    they present no known risk
    they present no known risks
    Unfortunately with the local sale of nicotine based solutions illegal in Australia not many people know about them.
    Unfortunately, with the sale of nicotine-based solutions being illegal in Australia, not many people know about them.
    toxin chemicals
    toxic chemicals

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 22-03-12, 04:39 PM