Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: "Doctor" Wodaks At It Again - This Time Its Safe Pills For Everyone!

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,140

    "Doctor" Wodaks At It Again - This Time Its Safe Pills For Everyone!

    Pill testing trial to begin at Sydney music festivals, vows drug expert Alex Wodak

    Ive never spoken of this publicly, but im going to because im sick of illegal drug apologists, especially this fool, as he wedged himself into the NNAU,
    after id supported them, given them money, and not only wedged his "all drugs should be for everyone" ideology, thereby diluting the single
    targeted mission of advocating for vapers, but when i questioned his involvement he demonstrated that he's an obnoxious self absorbed
    individual who's only interested in his flawed ideology. This man not only ruined vaping advocacy in this country for me, but cost me friendships as well
    when i severed ties with the NNAU. Ive never even spoken about my reasons for, or in fact that id even severed ties with the NNAU, privately with close
    friends from vaping, until now.

    But this idiots latest madness takes the cake.


    Ive had enough of his ideology and his wilful disregard for human life, and him sacrificing lives to, in a sick twist, justify his ideology

    This idiot is supposed to be a "Doctor", maybe that needs to change.

    I started the following petition

    https://www.change.org/p/australian-...edium=copylink

    If you feel like signing it, fine, if you dont, this thread isnt about debating the topic, and i wont answer any replies, just to keep things civil
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 28-02-16 at 04:01 PM.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

    Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

    Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

    Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,983
    * I like some of dt wodaks work - Injecting rooms, medical cannabis and more -In fact I would take some of what he does further- I actually dont think he is radical enough

    On Topic -

    That being said I dont always approve of his potentially medicalizing issues like vaping - but he is a Dr first and that is to be expected

    He holds a powerful position -

    if anything I think he is better off being educated a bit better from the grass roots real people level away from pharma and sent on his merry way to evangelize for little shmucks like vapers and others who dont deserve to be penalized

    His position could potentially make him a very powerful ally with a little guidance from the 'right' kind of people regardless the NNA au or who ever
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    5,140
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    * I like some of dt wodaks work - Injecting rooms, medical cannabis and more -In fact I would take some of what he does further- I actually dont think he is radical enough

    On Topic -

    That being said I dont always approve of his potentially medicalizing issues like vaping - but he is a Dr first and that is to be expected

    He holds a powerful position -

    if anything I think he is better off being educated a bit better from the grass roots real people level away from pharma and sent on his merry way to evangelize for little shmucks like vapers and others who dont deserve to be penalized

    His position could potentially make him a very powerful ally with a little guidance from the 'right' kind of people regardless the NNA au or who ever
    Im only replying to say i appreciate the way you replied. I respect your right to disagree.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

    Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

    Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

    Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bingil Bay, QLD
    Posts
    3,313
    Pill testing works in Europe's clubs and festivals as a harm reduction technology, I don't see why it wouldn't work here. Except the cops would watch the testing machines and bust anybody who used them. Apparently they think they can stop people doing drugs.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    5,188
    The sooner the powers that be the world over realise they can't win the war on drugs and instead of villafying (spelling) them learn to embrace them and grant access to them so the danger is diminished and the bloodshed stops the better
    RIP 22.12.2016

  6. #6
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    733
    Who gets to choose what's a good drug and what's a bad?

    Everyone's heard about the poisoned alcohol in Bali. I bet some anti alcohol campaigners believed that those deaths were the wages of sin. In Australia we find that outrageous, but maybe we should all look in the mirror.
    Tara and nicoandlaughter like this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    Pill testing trial to begin at Sydney music festivals, vows drug expert Alex Wodak

    Ive never spoken of this publicly, but im going to because im sick of illegal drug apologists, especially this fool, as he wedged himself into the NNAU,
    after id supported them, given them money, and not only wedged his "all drugs should be for everyone" ideology, thereby diluting the single
    targeted mission of advocating for vapers, but when i questioned his involvement he demonstrated that he's an obnoxious self absorbed
    individual who's only interested in his flawed ideology. This man not only ruined vaping advocacy in this country for me, but cost me friendships as well
    when i severed ties with the NNAU. Ive never even spoken about my reasons for, or in fact that id even severed ties with the NNAU, privately with close
    friends from vaping, until now.

    But this idiots latest madness takes the cake.


    Ive had enough of his ideology and his wilful disregard for human life, and him sacrificing lives to, in a sick twist, justify his ideology

    This idiot is supposed to be a "Doctor", maybe that needs to change.

    I started the following petition

    https://www.change.org/p/australian-...edium=copylink

    If you feel like signing it, fine, if you dont, this thread isnt about debating the topic, and i wont answer any replies, just to keep things civil

    You post your opinion in dogmatic fashion then close by stating this thread is not a place to discuss the subject?
    You sound like a right tool.

    Protesting harm reduction on a harm reduction site, you're a joke.
    sams and 1ynne like this.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bingil Bay, QLD
    Posts
    3,313
    I hope your petition fails horribly.

    MDMA has a very safe profile physically, like LSD. By preventing people who are taking drugs from testing for purity we are potentially exposing them to people who would sell dangerous research chemicals in the place of much safer substances.

    People have a right to **** themselves up. If we are truly humanitarian we are obliged to make it safer for them, and help them to heal/grow out of it. The opposite to addiction is not sobriety, it is connection. Connection with people and society as a whole. By criminalising and persecuting drug users we isolate them and exacerbate the problem. America is living proof that the "war on drugs" is a great big joke. This is not how the problem is solved. Test cases like Portugal prove that decriminalisation and public financial incentive for integration of users and addicts is a successful way to re-integrate and help these people. Incarceration, criminalisation and prohibition do not work. Fact.

    I hope you can step away from your prejudice for a moment stylemessiah and look at the facts. Leave your emotions at home when trying to influence public policy. This so called "idiot" you are talking about has clearly done some research on the subject, perhaps that he is a doctor on the subject should make you step back and wonder why he would take this position. I assure you it is not ideals. It is simple logic. Stating in capital letters that something is ILLEGAL does not make it right or wrong, it just means it has been legislated against. You seriously need to look at the damage done by prescription, over the counter medications and alcohol before you start waving pitchforks. As you say... "no drug is safe", and that includes all the legal ones. Life isn't safe. But we can reduce risk.

    If prohibitionists managed to remove every illegal drug there is, people would just get smashed up on much more dangerous substances that don't have the same safety profile as the banned substances. More risk, more damage done and more lives lost or destroyed. Research and understand that Dr Wodaks position is not about enabling people to take drugs (because we can't stop them and they will do it anyway), it's about saving lives and giving those who would experiment a chance to change their ways and re-integrate with society. Rather than forcing them to take cheaper, less understood and more dangerous substances.
    Last edited by Northerner; 23-03-16 at 11:49 PM.
    CMB, tugboatofdeath, Stomp and 8 others like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

  9. #9
    axx
    axx is offline
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    251

    Angry

    You live in Darlinghurst Stylemessiah?!

    I disagree with your petition, it was so ignorant I had to speed read it & believe additionally less harm (if you do care about it) would be a change of thinking at the higher levels of policing & government to share the extensive data they have gathered testing drugs they find with the best resources our money has bought them - what a joke they continue to get away with being aware of information that would help people know what to say NO to - that would be just the start.

    Kids are overdosing as they walk up to dance parties because they see cops with sniffer dogs and swallow there gear. This is a problem a society should not have to face. Young people choose to get high - deal with it, 20 years ago when pingers hit the scene, they lasted all night & there were only a few around. But now its multiple things watered down.. Rising Alcohol adds to the problem where pills are the price of a few drinks...I will stop as Im vaping heavily right now.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I hope your petition fails horribly.

    MDMA has a very safe profile physically, like LSD. By preventing people who are taking drugs from testing for purity we are potentially exposing them to people who would sell dangerous research chemicals in the place of much safer substances.

    People have a right to **** themselves up. If we are truly humanitarian we are obliged to make it safer for them, and help them to heal/grow out of it. The opposite to addiction is not sobriety, it is connection. Connection with people and society as a whole. By criminalising and persecuting drug users we isolate them and exacerbate the problem. America is living proof that the "war on drugs" is a great big joke. This is not how the problem is solved. Test cases like Portugal prove that decriminalisation and public financial incentive for integration of users and addicts is a successful way to re-integrate and help these people. Incarceration, criminalisation and prohibition do not work. Fact.

    I hope you can step away from your prejudice for a moment stylemessiah and look at the facts. Leave your emotions at home when trying to influence public policy. This so called "idiot" you are talking about has clearly done some research on the subject, perhaps that he is a doctor on the subject should make you step back and wonder why he would take this position. I assure you it is not ideals. It is simple logic. Stating in capital letters that something is ILLEGAL does not make it right or wrong, it just means it has been legislated against. You seriously need to look at the damage done by prescription, over the counter medications and alcohol before you start waving pitchforks. As you say... "no drug is safe", and that includes all the legal ones. Life isn't safe. But we can reduce risk.

    If prohibitionists managed to remove every illegal drug there is, people would just get smashed up on much more dangerous substances that don't have the same safety profile as the banned substances. More risk, more damage done and more lives lost or destroyed. Research and understand that Dr Wodaks position is not about enabling people to take drugs (because we can't stop them and they will do it anyway), it's about saving lives and giving those who would experiment a chance to change their ways and re-integrate with society. Rather than forcing them to take cheaper, less understood and more dangerous substances.
    I couldn't have put it better myself Northener. The opposite to addiction is not sobriety it is connection. Perfectly said.
    Midlife, sams and AllyP like this.

 

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:37 AM.