Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Proposed changes to ACT legislation

AVF Regular

Proposed changes to ACT legislation

The Smoke-Free Legislation Amendment Bill 2016 was tabled in the ACT parliament yesterday and is now up at ACT legislation register - Smoke-Free Legislation Amendment Bill 2016 - main page

This Act amends the following legislation:
    · Smoke-Free Public Places Act 2003
    · Smoking in Cars with Children (Prohibition) Act 2011
    · Tobacco Act 1927.
    Note This Act also amends other legislation (see sch 1).

And, perhaps more usefully, the explanatory statment is at ACT legislation register - explanatory statement - main page

I don't think it's going to be cheerful reading.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Doesn't look to good...

AVF Regular
    I hope someone who lives in the ACT is on here and speaks to their local member, data in hand, to inform them of the mistakes they are making.

AVF Regular
    Yup, theyre going to try and treat us like...smokers....even though what comes out of us doesnt harm anyone else, let alone us....
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    It's a perception thing unfortunately. And this isn't the right way to go about changing perception

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmesy View Post
    I hope someone who lives in the ACT is on here and speaks to their local member, data in hand, to inform them of the mistakes they are making.
    If someone can write me a well articulated argument against this I'm happy to slap my local member with it
    I'm just time poor and have never gone into battle against the government before.

AVF Regular
    For this Act, smoke means—
    13 (a) smoke from an ignited smoking product; or
    14 (b) vapour from a personal vaporiser.
    pg3

https://youtu.be/X6WHBO_Qc-Q?t=1m55s

AVF Regular
    Well, I read the whole thing and the bit that most concerns me is that the Minister can prohibit the use of a PV is the vapour smells sweet, fruity or confectionary-like. That bit can eff right off.

Also it's not clear if e-juice (0mg Nic) counts as a 'smoking related product' or not. It talks about atties, batteries, coils and mods etc, but not juice.

The whole thing is pretty ridiculous, and seems to be based on the premise that vaping is a 'gateway' to tobacco use, and will encourage kids and non-smokers to take up smoking cigarettes. I think the opposite is true.

AVF Regular
    The opposite IS true. All the research that was done SAYS SO!!!!

axx
    AVF Regular
    From Clause 8 Section 5B (3)

[...that a person does not commit an offence for smoking in a legislated smoke-free area if they are merely holding a personal vaporiser so that they can deactivate it or remove it from the venue. For example, a security guard or authorised officer to whom a personal vaporiser has been surrendered is not considered to be smoking if they hold the personal vaporiser for the purposes of turning it off and/or removing it from a smoke-free area.]

Oh thank heavens, to think (with an expanding of the definition of smoking) an authorised officer could be caught up with smokers handling an item that was surrendered but not deactivated, I dislike ambiguity, new offences are being committed
    nicoandlaughter likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast