Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: compelled to post

AVF Regular

compelled to post

Just came across this - was compelled (even tho its not tomorrow) to post out of amusement and annoyance

The article
    Hearing Loss: The Hidden Danger of E-Cigarettes

Hearing Loss: The Hidden Danger of E-Cigarettes | Audiology Island of New York

The tweet and comments where I found it ..

https://twitter.com/speech_woman/sta...63488293285890

This kind if propganda feels all too familiar me thinks

ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Absolutely laughable.

And there's Chappo straight in there, desperately looking for some solid anti-ecig evidence.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Oh FFS... What a pathetic piece of nonsense.
    The article is sad what's sadder however is the sheep a.k.a gen pop who believe this rubbish.
    This article just screams "won't someone think of the children" (Points if you get the reference)

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    This makes me very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Phukkin View Post
    This makes me very sad.
    Thinking of the deaf children?
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

Super Moderator
    Sorry what ?....couldnt hear ya
    JepunK likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    righto........ I don't think so.....
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    lol...didn't someone told those researcher that they're supposed to put the drip tip on their lips then inhale, not into their ears?
    CMB, Bangers&Mash and Vaporific like this.
    ~ JepunKô

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasmin View Post
    righto........ I don't think so.....
    Hugsssss....
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    E-Cigarettes and Hearing Loss

While the exact link between e-cigarettes and hearing loss is not yet known, it likely results from the nicotine, which lowers the level of oxygen in the bloodstream while simultaneously reducing blood flow. The human ear contains tiny hairs called cochlear cells. As sound enters the ear, it causes these hairs to vibrate. The vibrations are communicated to the brain as electrical impulses and interpreted as sound. It’s important to note that these hairs do not repair themselves.

When they are damaged, permanent hearing damage results. The damage is cumulative, so by the time an individual notices a problem, irreversible damage has been done. The hairs in the ear need a constant supply of blood and oxygen to remain healthy and functional. As nicotine use restricts blood flow, the hairs can become damaged.
    E-Cigarettes Versus Typical Cigarettes

If nicotine is the prime suspect, why haven’t standard cigarettes been linked with hearing loss? The danger results from the ability to customize e-cigarettes. There is a wide range of flavors to choose from, and many e-cigarettes offer the option to add as much nicotine as desired. Teens often become curious and experiment with different nicotine levels without understanding the dangers involved. As they add more flavor and nicotine, the risk of hearing damage rises.
    I'm gonna politely say..... Oh please go F**K yourself with this rubbish that you're publishing. Can't teens experiment with different levels of nicotine in cigarettes!!!????? FFS.... and WTF have flavours got to do with anything. Just because we don't want to taste burnt ash all day. < rant over>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast