Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By fabricator4

Thread: You must enter a title/ subject- news dump

AVF Regular

You must enter a title/ subject- news dump

Early PATH Study Findings Reveal E-Cigarette Trends

Early PATH Study Findings Reveal E-Cigarette Trends - Convenience Store Decisions

Pound Hill man banned from shop in dispute over whose fault it was his e-cigarette blew up

Pound Hill man banned from shop in dispute over whose fault it was his e-cigarette blew up | Crawley News

Can Philip Morris International Inc. Reignite E-Cig Growth With the New iQOS?

Can Philip Morris International Inc. Reignite E-Cig Growth With the New iQOS? -- The Motley Fool

NJOY Reports Early Success for NJOY Daily Disposable E-Cig -
    See more at: NJOY Reports Early Success for NJOY Daily Disposable E-Cig | Convenience Store News

Parties, campaigners and traders react to failed e-cig ban

Parties, campaigners and traders react to failed e-cig ban - ITV News

Hundreds Hit The Streets To Protest Ontario's Vaping Ban Proposal

Hundreds Hit The Streets To Protest Ontario's Vaping Ban Proposal : LIFE : Tech Times

Ready to vape? Ben Affleck clings to his electronic cigarette as he heads to the office on April Fool's Day

Ben Affleck clings to his electronic cigarette as he heads to the office on April Fool's Day | Daily Mail Online

Your Vape, Your Voice: Gawker's 2016 GOP Presidential Town Hall

Your Vape, Your Voice: Gawker's 2016 GOP Presidential Town Hall

UK biggest vaping show
    At the UK‚€™s Biggest Vaping Show, the Future Looks Hazy | Motherboard

Greece
    The widest range of flavors in liquids replacement by ECIG Hellas

Google Translate

Weird things happen when you vape while Face Swapping on Snapchat (Almost half million on views on youtube- really)

Try vaping while Face Swapping on Snapchat and something strange happens | Metro News

Us
    Businesses fight back against E-cigarette tax

Businesses fight back against E-cigarette tax | Local News - WPTZ Home

'Dora the Explorer' voice actress vaped in her school’s bathroom, got her friend expelled

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2596680
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Pound Hill man banned from shop in dispute over whose fault it was his e-cigarette blew up
    That's a weird one. The top box in question takes a removable 18650 and it is the most likely culprit. No mention of what battery was supplied with the 75 watt mod. The shop owner is denying it was faulty and claims the wrong charger was used and that voids warranty (rubbish - it's an 18650 and the charge port is just a USB. I don't think I've ever used the charger or cable that came with *any* APV, I've always used my own. The customer had previously bought and returned three other devices to the shop as "faulty". It looks to me like both the shop owner and the customer are guilty of extreme stupidity. Unfortunately it looks like one of them has already bred....
    gtadmin, CCVaper, mallee00 and 1 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I literally lol' at Philip Morris's desperate clutch at continuing to sell tobacco anyway they can.
    If they really wanted to be future ready they could easily develop a more relevant set up.
    Nothing against ecigs but they seem to be a very short term stepping stone before you move into something more advanced.
    As for vaporising tobacco, did the execs fail to realise that people switch to vaping to get away from tobacco?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker87 View Post
    I literally lol' at Philip Morris's desperate clutch at continuing to sell tobacco anyway they can.
    If they really wanted to be future ready they could easily develop a more relevant set up.
    Nothing against ecigs but they seem to be a very short term stepping stone before you move into something more advanced.
    As for vaporising tobacco, did the execs fail to realise that people switch to vaping to get away from tobacco?
    I think there's probably a lot of people who don't want to progress to an apv, and they are not generally the folks we see here much for obvious reasons. My concern with the Phillip Morris effort though, is they don't say anything about the tobacco that is used being treated to remove the carcinogenic compounds in the way that snuse is. These low heat tobacco products are better than burning tobacco obviously, but unless it's done properly then you are still getting carcinogenic products, nitrosamine etc.

I predict a fail for this product: It still contains tobacco, so is still subject to tobacco excise/duty in most countries. Tobacco excise and duty (in Australia) is calculated on total weight not just the weight of the tobacco so that is going to make these products very expensive. It still contains tobacco so it's not as safe as vaping RY4. It attempts to lock the user into a very vertical product - it's unlikely that Marlborough "filter"/cartridge on the IQOS has a 510 connector on it I think.

Australian excise/duty on tobacco products (total weight including filter etc) is $0.47 per cig 0.8g or under, or $587 per kilogram. I'd like to see what that does to their IQOS product.... 13.2 Tobacco taxes in Australia - Tobacco In Australia . If it's not significantly cheaper than tobacco then people are going to choose e-cigs and vaping as the alternative, not this: it's been tried before.

Edit:
    My duty/excise figures are out of date. Currently $0.53 per cig 0.8g and under and $671.68 per kg of tobacco product.
    https://www.ato.gov.au/business/exci...s-for-tobacco/
    Last edited by fabricator4; 13-04-16 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Correction
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.