Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By tippi771

Thread: EU commission: refills must "dock" with the device

AVF Regular

EU commission: refills must "dock" with the device

I don't think there's anything at all on the market that actually works this way. The decision does not state when it must be implemented by.

They don't know anything at all about DIY, and not much about vaping by the look of it. Don't tell 'em, they'll have a brain fart...

EUR-Lex - 32016D0586 - EN - EUR-Lex
    stylemessiah likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Im pretty sure this qualifies : https://img.fasttechcdn.com/147/1473302/1473302-2.jpg

I think they just trying to ensure ejuice makers arent selling the kind of bottle that 5pawns used to sell (which looked more like a cologne bottle if I remember correctly or that was possibly another brand), or atleast forcing 5pawn like bottles to come with a medecine dripper lid which Im pretty sure most people do these days, and even if so, there will probably be a loophole where by the same company will sell you the qualifying bottle, but give you free "classic" lids if you prefer them.

As for DIY, its not a prblem since anything over 20mg has been outlawed.
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 19-04-16 at 04:03 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Im pretty sure this qualifies : https://img.fasttechcdn.com/147/1473302/1473302-2.jpg

I think they just trying to ensure ejuice makers arent selling the kind of bottle that 5pawns used to sell (which looked more like a cologne bottle if I remember correctly or that was possibly another brand), or atleast forcing 5pawn like bottles to come with a medecine dripper lid which Im pretty sure most people do these days, and even if so, there will probably be a loophole where by the same company will sell you the qualifying bottle, but give you free "classic" lids if you prefer them.

As for DIY, its not a prblem since anything over 20mg has been outlawed.
    I'm still concerned. It does say it has to have a docking system that will only release liquid *after* it's been inserted:
    (b)

it operates by means of a docking system which only releases refill liquids into the tank of the electronic cigarette when the electronic cigarette and refill container are connected.
    Just crazy, all because of some weird phobia about the toxicity of nicotine. Then they turn around and say it's OK if these special bottles they are going to make the manufacturers use leak at the rate of 20 drops per minute when you just turn it upside down. Even dripper bottles don't do that.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Such a joke. The stubborn and unwilling to accept change generation currently running things needs to hurry up and die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Phil Busardo did a review recently of crap that prolly qualifies....

Its not for me, or anyone i think ive ever spoken to in vaping...
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Tanks must only meet one the conditions a) or b). And a) is no problem. All liquid plastic bottles with a nozzle, already meet this condition. So this is no big deal.. We will still have refillable tanks.
    Last edited by tippi771; 20-04-16 at 05:31 AM.
    btobw likes this.