Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Vapers vs policy

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Vapers vs policy

Hi guys.
    I have taken a proactive approach and with the help of Jody Krueger we have started a facebook page called vapers vs policy.

While i fully support and applaud the NNA AU and all their tireless hard work, i have decided to take another approach into fighting the Australian policy and law dictators.
    I will continue my support for the NNA AU in the future, but as they cannot be endorsed by vendors, there are some minor limitations in some of the things they can do.

That is why we have started vapers vs policy.
    We intend to come up with Activism ideas that YOU can participate in.
    We are currently in the process of creating a generic "letter to the government" that vendors can send to all their customers when an order is placed. We will also make this letter available to as many online and social media platforms as we can.
    The purpose of this letter is to have something structured that YOU and your family and friends, and anyone that is prepared to support the vaping community, can easily add their personal details to, and then all you have to do is post it to your local, state, or federal member of parliament.

Our aim is to unite the entire vaping community, whether it be vendors, advocacy groups, forums, vapers, friends, family or anyone else that believes vaping is better than smoking.
    We want the whole community, every single one of you, to stand as one voice against our government and their anti vaping propaganda and laws.
    One voice may not make a difference, but all our voices combined will make an almighty roar.

So i am now asking for everybodys support in this endeavor and i need you to also help if you can.

We are not asking for money, although you may be required to buy a stamp to post a letter.

For most of you, helping may be as simple as sending a letter or email. For others we may need assistance, particularly from vendors who can distribute emails to their customer base or even add a copy of the letter to vapemail for the recipient to then fill out and post.
    We need activism ideas too. How can we best protest the governments actions?
    Most of all we need your participation.

We intend to take a "noisy" approach to activism.

Simon Chapman is leading a secret government law making group that intends to ban nicotine in vape liquid and stop all imports.

He has also called for the Australian police to start enforcing schedule 7 poison prohibition laws on nicotine, which means vapers will be charged and prosecuted in the exact same way ecstacy and heroin posession is.
    This is going to affect you, your family, your employment and your future.

We will not sit and wait for the laws to be put in place and you shouldnt either.
    If we do nothing the new laws will be passed before the upcoming election, without objection.
    We intend to remind our government that we vape and we vote.

We need EVERYBODY to participate to make this work.

I hope everyone agrees this is great for vaping.

Thanks and please leave your thoughts and comments.

Steve Thomas

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Dhufish and 1ynne like this.

AVF Regular
    Peoples front of Judea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CMB, BrianS, DogMan and 2 others like this.
    Not in need of peoples issues

AVF Regular
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. !
    AllyP likes this.

Thanks 1ynne. We are hoping to get more support at the facebook page vapers vs policy. We are inviting all vapers and all ideas in the way we can combat these potenrial law reforms. Dr Attila Danko has been kind enough to offer us some welcomed help by wording a letter for us all to use and by also giving us detailed info on how to go about writing to a politician yourself. I hope we can gather support from here as we are keen to try and make a difference with the help of everyone.

AllyP and 1ynne like this.

Here is a link for anyone wishing to help in the fight against these reforms. You can either do something and try to beat this or do nothing. The choice is yours. We would love to have your input
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/966854160097604/

1ynne likes this.

Anyone wishing to help in actively trying to save vaping as we know and love it can use the link below. Dr Attila Danko (NNA AU) has been generous enough to help us with getting some detailed information about writing to your MP. He has also been kind enough to provide us with a sample letter which you could base a letter written by yourself.There you shall also find detailed information on how to contact your members of parliament, which also includes links to their contact details. Vaping needs YOUR help and this is an easy way you can do something. We need strength in numbers to make this work. So come on guys and lets start fighting the coming law changes together.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/966854160097604/

Last edited by snuffnvape; 27-04-16 at 01:24 PM.

AVF Regular
    Please don't forget the non Facebookers.

Are there's documents on the nnau site?
    CCVaper and AllyP like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by laurie9300 View Post
    Please don't forget the non Facebookers.

Are there's documents on the nnau site?
    You can actually read the facebook page without being signed up ..Well done !

C'mon Peeps.. Election on 2 July 2016.. make your vote count !!
    laurie9300, AllyP and snuffnvape like this.

AVF Regular
    Reading the FB page, it looks like this group is turning into an anti-SChapman group.

The only thing Simon Chapman is guilty of is conflating cigalikes with mods.

When cigalikes are lumped in with PVs, everything Simon Chapman says is undeniably true. The quit studies, the gateway studies, the marketing, the toxicity studies, all of it, shows that he is right.

Until people start making that the focus of their arguments against SC, nothing will change.

When the vaping communities are united against cigalikes, things will change. But no one here wants to ban anything. The word ban is banned. Cigalikes are good "introductory devices". yeh. right.

We're supposed to be against the tobacco companies. Not with them.

Do we really need to be reminded?

1ynne likes this.

AVF Regular
    So cigalikes should be banned?
    Which in 99% of cases are people's first exploit into vaping

I'm confused

And yes sometimes it doesn't take a lot
    CMB, Nakor and nicoandlaughter like this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast