Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Chapman's closed consultation policy changes on nicotine

AVF Regular

Chapman's closed consultation policy changes on nicotine

I contacted the NNA about the issues alluded to the Vapocalypse thread. I thought others might be interesting in the discussion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From: New Nicotine Alliance AU [mailto:s.moyles@griffith.edu.au]
    Sent: Sunday, 24 April 2016 8:59 PM
    To: contact@nnalliance.org.au
    Subject: Closed consultation on nicotine policy, Feds
    From Chris Robinson at fabricator4@

Hi, I've scanned the blogs on the site and can't see any reference to this. It seems that there's a closed consultation at the federal level on setting some new nicotine policy. The Consultants on this are Simon Chapman and his cronies.

Guest Post: Terry Barnes – What is the Turnbull Government’s e-cig policy review hiding? | Catallaxy Files

It's anything happening to curtail what could only be dire consequences for legal nicotine use in Australia?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: fabricator4@
    Sent: Sunday, 24 April 2016, 21:30
    Subject: RE: Closed consultation on nicotine policy, Feds

Dear Chris,

Yes, we’ve been aware of it since 2014 when the tenders went out. We’ve been aware the terms of the tender required closed consultations. Basically we’ve been following it up since then and although you may not see it, I can assure you we have contributed to the recent publicity on this matter that you have included a link to.

We do though hope that all vapers will jump up and down with their local members and the Department of Health. There is a clear conflict of interest from some of the people conducting the review process.

Basically there is lots happening but we’ve found the best evidence to give to pollies is the personal stories of vapers. So I’d encourage you to meet with your local representatives and enthuse others to do so too. The NNA AU can do the rest (international experts, science etc.)

Cheers

Donna

On behalf of the New Nicotine Alliance Australia.

Sent: Sunday, 24 April 2016 10:05 PM
    To: NNA AU
    Subject: Re: Closed consultation on nicotine policy, Feds

OK, I'm pleased to hear that you are aware of it, but if they decide to ban nicotine imports altogether it will damage vaping for many years to come.

The problem that vapers off the street have is how do we proceed? Say we managed to get a meeting with our federal representative, and tell him what a great thing vaping has been for us. Then he says thanks for coming, see you later?

What should we be asking for, what do we want the representative to do about it, and what is the message we need to leave him with?

Chris Robinson

Sent: Sunday, 24 April 2016 10:22 PM
    To: 'Chris Robinson'
    Subject: RE: Closed consultation on nicotine policy, Feds

Fair enough Chris,

These are the policy options the current mob are considering. The risk is that when they report to the IGCG, they eliminate many of the options because they have not consulted widely so then what happens?……the IGCD only have the options they propose which we can guarantee we will not like. Maybe 2,3,4 & 7.

My thoughts are of the following 7 options they are putting out, we want 5 or 6. No. 1 wouldn’t be bad but you can guarantee it won’t happen so I’m ruling it out.

1. Continue with the status quo
    2. Increase awareness and enforcement of and compliance with existing regulations
    3. Regulate ENDS as medicines
    4. Regulate ENDS as tobacco products
    5. Regulate ENDS as consumer products
    6. Develop an ENDS regulatory framework
    7. Adopt measures to ban ENDS

So I guess I’m suggesting getting people to tell their story and making the pollies aware that you are aware and maybe copying the above and saying you’d be happy with 5 or 6 and explain why?

However, I’m not trying to tell you what to do, just making suggestions.

Cheers

Donna

To: 'Chris Robinson' <fabricator4@>
    Sent: Sunday, 24 April 2016, 22:40
    Subject: FW: Closed consultation on nicotine policy, Feds

There is also a group of vapers on FB that are trying to mobilize people.

Here is the link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/9668...61497830509807

Sent: Monday, 25 April 2016 6:29 AM
    To: NNA AU
    Subject: Re: Closed consultation on nicotine policy, Feds

OK, thanks for that Donna, I appreciate your time.

Is it OK if I pass our communication on to members of the AVF forum please?

Regards,

Chris Robinson.

NNA AU <contact@nnalliance.org.au>
    Today at 9:12
    To 'Chris Robinson'

Sure Chris,

The more people that act, the better.

You might also like to read this. Chapman: Accidental Or Deliberate Stupidity? | **** Puddlecote

Enjoy your day.

Donna
    Last edited by fabricator4; 25-04-16 at 02:19 PM.
    Pleski, DogMan, zeth and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    So basically decisions are being made behind closed doors ? Bit like saying we should make marijuana illegal but lets check with the stoners first and see what they think. Not much chance of making a difference to whatevers obviously been decided and figured out on how to roll it out.
    *I Use Clones*

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge View Post
    So basically decisions are being made behind closed doors ?
    Yep. Dept of Health and Chapman and his cronies. Whatever we are going to do, better do it now...
    snuffnvape likes this.

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Just seeing the name Donna at the bottom of that makes me shudder....if thats the Donna/Davi I'm thinking of we are all f*cked...
    bk_renesis and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Just seeing the name Donna at the bottom of that makes me shudder....if thats the Donna/Davi I'm thinking of we are all f*cked...
    I don't think so. You can check out the NNA board members on the NNA site: Home

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Just that donna name don't sit well with me mate, done more harm than good..I remember an old crazy woman talking a bunch of bullshit....

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LNB View Post
    Just that donna name don't sit well with me mate, done more harm than good..I remember an old crazy woman talking a bunch of bullshit....
    It's a common name, so you're going to meet a lot of Donnas.

I know what you mean though. First girl I had a crush on was a Donna... Then I met so many Donnas over the years and it just became a name again...

LNB
    AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    It's a common name, so you're going to meet a lot of Donnas.

I know what you mean though. First girl I had a crush on was a Donna... Then I met so many Donnas over the years and it just became a name again...
    You'd be distancing youself from this donna in a heart beat mate...
    bk_renesis likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's the one and the same

That whole exchange reads we know what's going on.............. And that's it

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    You are all welcome to come and help fight these proposed law changes. We need strength in numbers and need all of your support to make a difference.
    Please join in the fight and help save vaping.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/966854160097604/

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Bassman and 1ynne like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast