Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What if 29 years ago, we banned cell phones?

AVF Regular

What if 29 years ago, we banned cell phones?

Does this idiot understand the irony in tweeting this?

AVF Regular
    Irony is lke goldy and bronzey, just a made of iron.

For Chappo at least
    Fatman and Hoofprint like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Damn, yeah! We STILL don't know what the long term affect will be since cancer rates don't peak for 40 years. The gubberment should ban those things.
    Hoofprint and Sushisnake like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    Being the only person on the planet not to actually use a mobile phone ( well apart from as a remote control on some things ) I am the wrong person to ask about this LOL

I get where you are coming from tho , but the world did exist before mobile phones
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I remember the days people used to write letters on paper and actually send them in the post.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Awwwee now I feel like a sell out

I held out buying another mobile phone for over two years- technically I did have one but gave to daughter with excuse she needed one - which was true sorta- they didnt have to know it was her back up phone that has sat in a drawer all this time ( dunno why people want them - all that yapping about stuff I mostly dont care about )

Broke finally yesterday after missing someone by five mins 80ks out of town and then fighting with my bank over them smsing my old number rather than emailing me over a corrupt card.. then not being able to buy a load and go visa bc of no mobile -_-

Overrated imho - although I might try for a while at least not to 'accidentally' lose it in my car ...

Fight the power FM! Fight the power!

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Being the only person on the planet not to actually use a mobile phone ( well apart from as a remote control on some things ) I am the wrong person to ask about this LOL

I get where you are coming from tho , but the world did exist before mobile phones
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

only time i use my mobile is Youtube on the toilet.
    you mean phones can actually leave the house ?, how do you extend the Wifi signal that far.........

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    I remember the days people used to write letters on paper and actually send them in the post.
    You can still do that, but now it costs a dollar and takes six days instead of costing seven cents and taking two days...

Unless you pay another 50 cents apparently, and then it takes just four days.
    Fatman, Northerner and Hoofprint like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    Yeah, but that was back when AusPost actually delivered letters and parcels to the correct address ...
    Fatman, Northerner and Hoofprint like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Yeah, but that was back when AusPost actually delivered letters and parcels to the correct address ...
    Yeah but back then mail was solely delivered by postman, employees rather than subcontractors to Austpost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast