• 2 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 3 Post By Gresh11

Thread: courier mail (QLD)

AVF Regular

courier mail (QLD)

Smokers turn to vaping e-cigarettes to beat the high price of smoking

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Study: Asthmatic Smokers Who Switch To Vaping Reap Health Rewards

French campaign (they appear to be busy little beavers- good on em!)
    France: Fivape launches an Ecig spot on TV | Vaping Post

Survey: Most Smokers Prefer Smoking to Vaping (medpage- make sure you read the disclosures down the bottom- and this passes for science)

Survey: Most Smokers Prefer Smoking to Vaping | Medpage Today

Vaping latest fad amongst Vietnamese youths
    ‘Vaping’ latest fad amongst Vietnamese youths
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 15-05-16 at 02:54 AM.
    Fatman and stylemessiah like this.
    But I dont want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you cant help that," said the Cat: "were all mad here. Im mad. Youre mad."
    "How do you know Im mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnt have come here.
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Heya Rebel, I love the info you give us all, but often enough your links lead to subscriber only pages. In this batch the courier mail is a washout. You are such a tease!!!
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    OMG - I didnt know! Thanks for the heads up!

Heres the article - oddly am not getting the subsciber only thingy?

E-cigarettes, at a fraction of the price of a normal cigarette, are becoming increasingly popular. Photo: Mark Cranitch.SMOKERS are circumventing high cigarettes prices by turning to vaporisers and buying cheap nicotine cartridges online, with a weeks worth of smokes costing just $15.
    Vaporisers also are being marketed as safer alternative to cigarettes, but health experts warn they are just as dangerous.
    The battery-operated personal vaporisers, or e-cigarettes, simulate the look and feel of smoking using a refillable cartridge of nicotine or vapour solution to create vapour which the user inhales.
    Vaping is subject to the same laws as regular cigarettes: they cant be sold to anyone under 18 or used in public places.
    While you can buy the flavour capsules locally, it is illegal to sell or have nicotine capsules in Queensland.
    But that isnt stopping cash-strapped smokers from buying online.
    Other Stories

After an outlay of about $45 for the device, it costs $15-20 for 10ml of nicotine which online retailer Vapor Kings estimates equals about 100 cigarettes.
    It calculates a smoker currently spending $140 a week on cigarettes, would only spend $15 using nicotine capsules.
    Vaping is the new smoking, with cheap products available online. Photo Mark Cranitch.The numbers stack up further in favour of the vaporisers if the increase in excise announced in the May Budget pushes a packet of smokes up from $25 to $40.
    Online retailers suggest vaporisers can help smokers quit by restricting the strength of nicotine they inhale or by diluting it with flavour capsules.
    The Cancer Council of Queensland wants a ban on all e-cigarettes because the health risks are unknown.
    Spokeswoman Katie Clift says there is a lack of long-term scientific evidence to support the safety of e-cigarettes.
    Its a serious concern their use could lead to nicotine addiction and the uptake of tobacco smoking among young people, Ms Clift said.
    Products currently on the market in Australia have not been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration for safety, quality and efficacy, even though the products deliver substances to the lung. This is a significant risk to consumers, who may be under the false impression that electronic cigarettes available for sale have been proven safe to use.
    Some Australian schools have confiscated e-cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    Heya Rebel, I love the info you give us all, but often enough your links lead to subscriber only pages. In this batch the courier mail is a washout. You are such a tease!!!
    Fatman and merexy like this.
    But I dont want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you cant help that," said the Cat: "were all mad here. Im mad. Youre mad."
    "How do you know Im mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnt have come here.
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    OMG - I didnt know! Thanks for the heads up!

Heres the article - oddly am not getting the subsciber only thingy?

E-cigarettes, at a fraction of the price of a normal cigarette, are becoming increasingly popular. Photo: Mark Cranitch.SMOKERS are circumventing high cigarettes prices by turning to vaporisers and buying cheap nicotine cartridges online, with a week’s worth of “smokes” costing just $15.
    Vaporisers also are being marketed as safer alternative to cigarettes, but health experts warn they are just as dangerous.
    The battery-operated personal vaporisers, or e-cigarettes, simulate the look and feel of smoking using a refillable cartridge of nicotine or vapour solution to create vapour which the user inhales.
    Vaping is subject to the same laws as regular cigarettes: they can’t be sold to anyone under 18 or used in public places.
    While you can buy the flavour capsules locally, it is illegal to sell or have nicotine capsules in Queensland.
    But that isn’t stopping cash-strapped smokers from buying online.
    Other Stories

After an outlay of about $45 for the device, it costs $15-20 for 10ml of nicotine which online retailer Vapor Kings estimates equals about 100 cigarettes.
    It calculates a smoker currently spending $140 a week on cigarettes, would only spend $15 using nicotine capsules.
    Vaping is the new smoking, with cheap products available online. Photo Mark Cranitch.The numbers stack up further in favour of the vaporisers if the increase in excise announced in the May Budget pushes a packet of smokes up from $25 to $40.
    Online retailers suggest vaporisers can help smokers quit by restricting the strength of nicotine they inhale or by diluting it with flavour capsules.
    The Cancer Council of Queensland wants a ban on all e-cigarettes because the health risks are unknown.
    Spokeswoman Katie Clift says there is a lack of long-term scientific evidence to support the safety of e-cigarettes.
    “It’s a serious concern their use could lead to nicotine addiction and the uptake of tobacco smoking among young people,” Ms Clift said.
    “Products currently on the market in Australia have not been approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration for safety, quality and efficacy, even though the products deliver substances to the lung. This is a significant risk to consumers, who may be under the false impression that electronic cigarettes available for sale have been proven safe to use.”
    Some Australian schools have confiscated e-cigarettes.
    Thanks Rebel!!!

Some Australian schools have confiscated e-cigarettes. WTF yeah right. If they had any sense they would close down all the schools. Problem solved!! Fkn idiots!
    15-20 bucks for 10ml? Ummmm say maybe $130 bucks for a year, get that up ya!!!
    OK, I'M SHOUTING NOW. MOST OF THE ARTICLE IS THE STANDARD SLANDER OF VAPING SO I TAKE THE INFO AS LIES ON TOP OF BS. IT STATES THAT TAX ON CANCER STICKS IS GOING TO INCREASE DURRIES FROM $25-$40 PER PACK. WHOLLY **** I'M GLAD I'M A VAPER!!! IS THIS FOR REAL?? WTF KIND OF MAGGOTS MAKE THESE POLICIES??? I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THE LIGHT YET!
    Cath Mort, merexy and Yuz78 like this.
    LIVE AND LET VAPE
    POWER TO THE P.V.
    OFF THE SMOKES FOREVER

AVF Regular
    more of the same crap that they trot out every few months .... the upshot is that I would like to see the government take the English governments way and realize that the tax money they make is less that the health care it costs them later ....

AVF Regular
    ban, regulate, tax, fine - fk they're so good at that. not much else other than that.

Dicodes Dani Extreme - VS VaporFlask - Koopor Mini - Walking Stick Tube
    Eleaf Lemo II - VLS Vulcan & VLS Vector - Kangertech Sub Mini RTA

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh11 View Post
    IT STATES THAT TAX ON CANCER STICKS IS GOING TO INCREASE DURRIES FROM $25-$40 PER PACK. WHOLLY **** I'M GLAD I'M A VAPER!!! IS THIS FOR REAL?? WTF KIND OF MAGGOTS MAKE THESE POLICIES??? I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS THAT HAVEN'T SEEN THE LIGHT YET!
    Yep, it was in the last budget. Increment increases over the next four years or something...
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.