Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Cigarette bans and laws to apply to vaping?

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Cigarette bans and laws to apply to vaping?

Hello vapers,

Came across this on theage. What you guys think? Does this mean its the end for Victoria Vapers?

Cigarette bans and laws to apply to vaping

"It is already illegal to sell, supply, possess or use e-cigarettes that contain nicotine in Victoria but the new laws would also apply to non-nicotine smoking products."

AVF Regular
    Nah man we have the same laws already in place in QLD. Well researched article though
    "which brings the electronic and water-based smoking devices under existing tobacco laws."

hahaha

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”
    Bill Hicks 1961-94

AVF Regular
    No more than it means the end of tobacco, right now. It just makes it harder to vape in public places. Unfortunately it means that we get relegated to smoking areas, but what can you do?

In practice I've found no one takes the slightest bit of notice or gives a rats A as long as you don't exhale any visible vapour.

NicoPharm is an online service which can write you a prescription and send you nicotine from within Australia. If you feel uncomfortable about the legal aspects of possession of nicotine you could place an order with them. Ask for a digital copy of the prescription as the original has to be retained by the pharmacy when they fill it. This service has been checked out and is legitimate.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Federal ban nicotine sales, use without prescription excluding cigarettes.
    States classify vaping as smoking.

Smokers have got it easy compared to us vapers. At least the government are protecting their revenue.
    Chrisso_88 likes this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

AVF Regular
    Surely if they are classifying Vaping as smoking/tobacco product then Aussie vendors should be able to sell nicotine in vape products, since govt excludes cigarettes/tobacco from the nicotine ban? How can they have it both ways? Either they say vaping is the same as smoking and therefore it's excluded from the nicotine ban, or Vaping is not the same as smoking and therefore nicotine is illegal but none of the other rules apply to Vaping. I don't get it.
    Iwillbegood and Chrisso_88 like this.

AVF Regular
    stealth vaping the only way to go now - to avoid the hassle - might bump up nic level and increase pg to get less vapour - might also have a look at using 18350 mode while out and about - its a mindless crazy situation that has been a long time coming

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    No more than it means the end of tobacco, right now. It just makes it harder to vape in public places. Unfortunately it means that we get relegated to smoking areas, but what can you do?

In practice I've found no one takes the slightest bit of notice or gives a rats A as long as you don't exhale any visible vapour.

NicoPharm is an online service which can write you a prescription and send you nicotine from within Australia. If you feel uncomfortable about the legal aspects of possession of nicotine you could place an order with them. Ask for a digital copy of the prescription as the original has to be retained by the pharmacy when they fill it. This service has been checked out and is legitimate.
    I didnt think it was legal to buy nicotine anywhere in australia. I looked at the site quickly just wondering how there products go mixing with doublers there highest seems to be 24mg i only buy 48mg to mix in doublers anyway but wld there 24mg plain be suitable to mix in doublers? Has anyone actually used these people? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by muscovyduckling View Post
    Surely if they are classifying Vaping as smoking/tobacco product then Aussie vendors should be able to sell nicotine in vape products, since govt excludes cigarettes/tobacco from the nicotine ban? How can they have it both ways? Either they say vaping is the same as smoking and therefore it's excluded from the nicotine ban, or Vaping is not the same as smoking and therefore nicotine is illegal but none of the other rules apply to Vaping. I don't get it.
    Federal ban sales and use of nicotine.
    States classify vaping as smoking.

We are screwed.
    muscovyduckling likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sent email to local member asking them to vote no. My last line was classifying vaping as smoking is the easy way to regulate, but not the right way.

Strongly suggest everyone contact their local member.

AVF Regular
    Yeah might do that on Sunday. Then I might order 4L of 200mg
    Motmo, Yuz78 and nicoandlaughter like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast