Like Tree13Likes
  • 2 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By merexy
  • 1 Post By Hoofprint
  • 4 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 5 Post By Hoofprint

Thread: Draft: Options to minimise risks associated with the marketing & use of ENDS in Oz

AVF Regular

Draft: Options to minimise risks associated with the marketing & use of ENDS in Oz

Simon Chapman is currently heading a 'discussion paper' on behalf of the Department of Health titled "Options to minimise the risks associated with the marketing and use of electronic nicotine delivery systems [ENDS] in Australia".

It has thus far been very secretive, but a PDF has surfaced that shows a draft of it.. See Terry Barnes – Regulating e-cigarettes: read all about it! - the link to the draft paper is near the end. Direct link being:

http://catallaxyfiles.com/files/2016...sion-paper.pdf

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Look at the last reference on that document, number 69. Aussivapers forum! In reference to New Zealand laws!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Attila Danko View Post
    Look at the last reference on that document, number 69. Aussivapers forum! In reference to New Zealand laws!
    Yep, and they are citing the entire forum, all 760,000 messages. The lazy bastards can't even bother to do any research for themselves. That's pretty well the standard of that document.

I've seen Simon Chapman rubbish the idea that the medical industries are bribing politicians and performing questionable thought experiments to influence laws and regulations when we know it's happening. He acts shocked that we would suggest they have motives other than the best interests of public health. The tactic works for him because the thought of this happening really is that shocking; people don't want to believe that organisations charged with our health are actually more interested in our money and having control over what we do and how we die.

I'm still trying to work out if SC is actually that stupid, is getting pharma money for comment, or is just being bloody minded for the sake of it. A special place in hell is reserved...

Sorry, just felt the need to have a little rant.
    merexy and muscovyduckling like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    This document would assume that the risks are known and identified. If we don't know enough about the used of ENDS, how can we even try to minimise risk?

or I guess "they" know a bit more than has been publicly released ? If that is the case, why ? ooooohhhhhh!

Bring on Vaping's Watergate moment.

Could it be happening with A Billion Lives ??

Gaffer Tape is like The Force - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together

Without specific approval, No one has permission to quote me outside of AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post

I'm still trying to work out if SC is actually that stupid, is getting pharma money for comment, or is just being bloody minded for the sake of it. A special place in hell is reserved...
    The weasel is in their pockets, end of story. Stupid also springs to mind. But what other reason is there? Don't quote altruism, I'll throw up. There is no other reason for his crusade. It all boils down to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    i like this on page 56.

The online Australian vaping community, aussievapers.com, includes forums discussing
    and promoting a number of ENDS vendors, including those based in Australia and
    overseas.
    Vendors also post online shopping discount codes, special promotions, ads for
    new products and flavours, and giveaways.(69)
    to me sounds like im a crack dealer, pushing ecigs on junkies for a profit

AVF Regular
    Fixed it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    i like this on page 56.

The online Australian vaping community, aussievapers.com, includes forums discussing and promoting a number of ENDS vendors in order to promote safer alternative means of reducing harm related effects of smoking, the the promotion of vendors including those based in Australia and overseas provides a means that looks beyond specialized & medicalized solution.

Fortunately many of the more reputable studies, prove this is a good and viable method of harm reduction and excells over our draconian quit or die mentality. It is interesting to note that most vapers do not agree with our sacrifice one generation for another mentality and if studies were done it would show that our own stance against smoking harm reduction is harming our public image overall losing us support.

Vendors also post online shopping discount codes, special promotions, ads for new products and flavours, and giveaways.(69) - and we are not happy because it is not part of our taxable, medicalized and thinly veiled pro addiction platform.

Aussievapers.com is truley an innovative and novel approach to harm reduction which is now being backed by reputable overseas reasearch.

We must keep an eye on them as they become a threat to our own misinformed, misinformation platform.

to me sounds like im a crack dealer, pushing ecigs on junkies for a profit
    Lol doesnt sound so bad to me
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    sigh, yes i like yours better.

Besides you know they are full of crap, using the House Boat Principle.

When FM finally gets his house boat and gives up his life of being a professional party fairy.

You will know AVF has sold out to vendors

AVF Regular
    Do not read this or discuss it and in no circumstances should you comment

Do not read this or discuss it and in no circumstances should you comment « The counterfactual
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs