Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoofprint
  • 1 Post By fabricator4

Thread: Vape caffeine

AVF Regular

Vape caffeine

Just Because You Can Vape Caffeine Doesn't Mean You Should
    This Is What It's Like To Vape Caffeine

What are people's thoughts? these will be available in most iga and bp garages from 15th June, wierd considering they won't allow nicotine but you can jack yourself up on caffeine

AVF Regular
    My thoughts? I'm conflicted. But in a nut shell I also hold the belief that "each person has the right to bodily and mental self-ownership and the right to be free from violence from others".

If this is the way someone wanted to receive their caffeine then who am I to judge? For myself personally, I wouldn't have any interest whatsoever. I do drink a fair bit of coffee, but that's because I enjoy drinking coffee more so than the caffeine received from this practice.

To me it seems overkill and unnecessary, but then I'm sure all the anti-vapours would say the same about my nic vaping. Even though it has been the best durrie cessation I have ever come across and it's harm minimising.

I have a feeling this in itself will bring a huge amount of debates and controversy. Without a doubt the "gateway drug" people will jump on it in no time. But I have a feeling this will have a negative impact on our current vaping industry. But I could be wrong.

It is interesting in itself, if they bring these out for caffeine then where will they take it next? I know a few years back they had bars for consuming alcohol vapour but I don't think that ever took off so who knows. In any case, I can't see these having a positive impact for any reason but that's just my two cents.

Do you know if there is any minimum age restriction been put on the product?

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Regular
    brings back nightmares of the redbull craze in the 90's.
    Those that remember the stupid generation pounding redbulls comp style or redbull/vodka till they had heart attacks.

Sometimes the paranoid in me wonders if this stuff is made up by big T.
    People were so stupid with redbull/vodka it was banned, people OD'ing on caffeine pens would give Big T another reason vape needs to be managed by them.
    RogueTomato likes this.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Would it do anything though? Isn't a cup of good coffee around 150mg of caffeine?

AVF Regular
    I have fond hazy memories of vodka red bulls at uni

AVF Regular
    definitely agree with you there Hoofprint.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    Would it do anything though? Isn't a cup of good coffee around 150mg of caffeine?
    Going by the info in the link: "We recommend 10-20 puffs depending on each person's sensitivity to caffeine," Lang said, estimating that this is about equal to the roughly 95 - 200 milligrams of caffeine found in a single serving of black coffee. Each cartridge is good for about 500 puffs.

A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

AVF Regular
    Well, judging by the reactions that the people from Huffington post wrote, it's sounding like it maybe a highly addictive way to get your "caffeine". I tend to think that the "rush" feeling is what makes tobacco addictive, and why we smoke (or many of us DID) more and more until our lives revolve around always having smokes by our side, and the anxiety caused by the running out or the thought of NOT smoking.

I won't be going there. It sounds like it might be a stupid thing to do.

It's also not actually caffeine: "guarana extract (caffeine source), taurine and ginseng". Guarana is a chemical that works the same way as caffeine, but it's still a different chemical. Tannins in the natural guarana extract slow down the uptake of the guarana. Those may be missing from this product.

So, kids can buy red bull, V etc. Are they going to let them buy a vape energy product as well?

This could all go badly pear shaped, and I think the vape industry is going to wear the excrement when it hits the rotary oscillator.
    RogueTomato likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.