Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Australian News -2 Ecig MAKERS Being Sued

AVF Regular

Australian News -2 Ecig MAKERS Being Sued

Not what we needed

Vaping: E-cigarette manufacturers taken to court by ACCC in world first
    Fatman and mrs308hjute like this.

Super Moderator
    Seems the ACCC is taking its info from the wonderful yet flawed testing done where if over heated ( read dry hits) then the above can be created in worrying amounts ... but YES it is time that manufacturers stopped making claims e-cigs are 100% safe ... that's irresponsible ... remember folks this is Harm Reduction ... not sainthood in a bottle.

Is vaping healthier than smoking .... of that I personally have no doubt ... is it more harmful than inhaling uncontaminated pure sweet air from a remote forest region ? I would have to say no
    One of the things that worries me is vapers/companies who insist vaping is 100% safe ... it isnt .. because nothing is ... you overcook a bit of toast in the morning and it liberates some carcinogens... the nichrome in the toaster also gives off minute particles of heavy metals into the atmoshere ... the vinyl in your couch and solvents in your carpets leach formaldehyde and other VOC's everyday ... the difference is none of those manufacturers TELL you their products don't do that !

If we want to legitimise vaping , its important to tell the truth as much as yell the benefits ... this way we are not blindsided by biased science thrown at us .

Had either of those companies said " In our opinion vaping is a great form of harm reduction available to a smoker" they probably would have got away with it ... but by saying NO carcinogens or toxic chemicals ( and remember WATER is toxic! its the dose that matters) , the minute a particle of one shows up in testing ( flawed testing even in some cases) then they are making false claims !
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    How's that headline "Yes eCigs are bad for you"

What does a battery exploding have to do with chemicals in e cigs ?

Can't bring myself to read the comments section.
    Cath Mort and merexy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Had either of those companies said " In our opinion vaping is a great form of harm reduction available to a smoker" they probably would have got away with it ... but by saying NO carcinogens or toxic chemicals ( and remember WATER is toxic! its the dose that matters) , the minute a particle of one shows up in testing ( flawed testing even in some cases) then they are making false claims !
    the company that was quoted in the article FM is a newish member here on AVF.
    So im sure they seen that post for future reference .

sigh........insert witty reply.....witty reply not found.....Please Contact your service administrator if this problem persists.
    Fatman, CCVaper and Dhufish like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernster86 View Post
    Hahahaha that was exactly what it looked like last night except I was just out of the room. My little boy pooped himself when something in the charger went off.

I've set up a charging point on the patio but really it wasn't that bad in terms of an explosion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Hi Guys,

Yes unfortunately the ACCC seem to be making us their guinea pig!

The video that they pulled us up on was made back in 2013, it went for 15 seconds and only at the end did it say in TEXT: No Carcinogens , No Smoke & No tar.

It was rather naive of me to let this through, but really didn't think about it at the time! Stupid me!!!

I have never claimed it personally and never would, I always tell our clients that its just a smarter alternative, nothing beats fresh air like Fatman says.

We spoke the ACCC but they were not interested in anything I had to say, they were adamant about taking us to court.

They want to make a point and we look like the ones to get punished for it.

The kit was our premium ecig kit (Cig a Like) which is only a 3.2v battery with a 2.2ohm cart, so no high voltage/wattage unit being used.

I am also sure like Fatman said they are using the flawed testing where they overheat a unit, however this is all not good.

I would never make claims that vaping is good for you, but as we all no its 100 times better than smoking.

I can only hope for the best!
    E-liquid created in Australia with Australian HACCP certified Food Flavouring.
    http://www.supervapestore.com.au

AVF Regular
    As part of taking you to court are they providing you with the test results and procedures?

Are you able to refute their test with the reports from Dr F which show things like Formaldehyde is mostly present on under dry puff conditions?
    Govapeliquid likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
    My little boy pooped himself when something in the charger went off.
    Be truthful mate you needed a change of jocks afterwards as well.
    MCYL likes this.

AVF Regular

Australian News -2 Ecig MAKERS Being Sued

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Seems the ACCC is taking its info from the wonderful yet flawed testing done where if over heated ( read dry hits) then the above can be created in worrying amounts ... but YES it is time that manufacturers stopped making claims e-cigs are 100% safe ... that's irresponsible ... remember folks this is Harm Reduction ... not sainthood in a bottle.

Is vaping healthier than smoking .... of that I personally have no doubt ... is it more harmful than inhaling uncontaminated pure sweet air from a remote forest region ? I would have to say no
    One of the things that worries me is vapers/companies who insist vaping is 100% safe ... it isnt .. because nothing is ... you overcook a bit of toast in the morning and it liberates some carcinogens... the nichrome in the toaster also gives off minute particles of heavy metals into the atmoshere ... the vinyl in your couch and solvents in your carpets leach formaldehyde and other VOC's everyday ... the difference is none of those manufacturers TELL you their products don't do that !

If we want to legitimise vaping , its important to tell the truth as much as yell the benefits ... this way we are not blindsided by biased science thrown at us .

Oxygen is toxic too! It is theorized that the first of the mass extinctions was caused by oxygen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fatman and nicoandlaughter like this.

Super Moderator
    I reckon more people have survived due to oxygen than have been killed by it ..... in the last few million years anyway
    LimeB and MCYL like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast