Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: A Billion Lives Doco

  1. #1
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    295

    A Billion Lives Doco

    This looks exciting!

    Robray, merexy, rodbam and 6 others like this.
    E-liquid created in Australia with Australian HACCP certified Food Flavouring.
    http://www.supervapestore.com.au

  2. #2
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Tasmania
    Posts
    85
    Yep booked flights and accom already booked cannot wait.
    Chrisso_88 and RogueTomato like this.

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    170
    Saw this preview a while ago, can't wait. Anyone know if this will be available outside of their pre-booked commercial viewings?

    A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

  4. #4
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cranboune, Vic
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueTomato View Post
    Saw this preview a while ago, can't wait. Anyone know if this will be available outside of their pre-booked commercial viewings?
    As far as I am aware it will not be released on DVD or TV which is disappointing and I hope that changes and if it does I doubt it will be on any channel other than SBS , there was some suggestion that it may turn up on Netflix.

    At one point Facebook tried to censor advertising for the Documentary, I am pleased to say that Facebook reversed their position and A Billion Lives ads are no longer censored thanks to thousands of supporters.

    Aaron Biebert said

    "This week, you didn’t give up. You fought back. You told Facebook you weren’t going to stand for censorship of a film.

    – CASAA shared the story
    – A petition was started
    – Articles were written
    – You changed your pictures & names
    – You shared the story 1000’s of times
    – 100,000 people woke up

    I’m proud to announce that Facebook has reversed their position. Our ads are no longer censored.

    You did it.
    Last edited by Black Snake Vapour; 25-06-16 at 11:17 AM.
    Govapeliquid likes this.

  5. #5
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    SA
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Snake Vapour View Post
    As far as I am aware it will not be released on DVD or TV which is disappointing and I hope that changes and if it does I doubt it will be on any channel other than SBS , there was some suggestion that it may turn up on Netflix.
    Damn, well that's a shame indeed. Needs to be far more accessible, as I highly doubt I'd get the chance for one of those viewings. I hope it does make its way to netflix!

    A government is a body of people, usually notibly ungoverned. - Derrial Book

  6. #6
    AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cranboune, Vic
    Posts
    36
    IT IS going to be released on DVD, I watched an interview with Aaron Biebert and I thought he said it wasn't going to be a dvd release but he was referring to You Tube, he mentions dvd and TV in that same comment so I misinterpreted what he said .... my bad (Insert Face Palm Here)
    Last edited by Black Snake Vapour; 25-06-16 at 04:23 PM.
    RogueTomato likes this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Snake Vapour View Post
    IT IS going to be released on DVD, I watched an interview with Aaron Biebert and I thought he said it wasn't going to be a dvd release but he was referring to You Tube, he mentions dvd and TV in that same comment so I misinterpreted what he said .... my bad (Insert Face Palm Here)
    They haven't got down to DVD marketing yet, though I also think this is going to make more money on secondary sales than it does on direct viewing. I guess they will try to market it for broadcast next. I'm sure it would fit in with some doco formats.

    Making movies is a business. They have to figure out how best to recoup the production costs. Actually it's more like a gamble which makes it even more remarkable when you know the guy behind it is neither a smoker nor a vaper.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

  8. #8
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    victoria
    Posts
    5,983
    Think (but not sure) that alot of shows nowadays go straight to digital download format after being released in cinemas

    I wont be surprised to see it on youtube and other similar soon enough with so many vapers interested and so few outlets in cinemas- (unless of course the producers are very vigilant)

    The vaping community after all is filled with clever people of all sorts
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland






    Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs











  9. #9
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    1,032
    Forgive me for my cynicism, but isn't it a little suspicious that the trailer did not mention any negativity towards Big Tobacco?

    Only Anti-tobacco and Big Pharma appeared to be the one's deceiving the public.

    The actual documentary may actually show this, but if I were to judge it by the trailer, I'd say there's not going to be any mention of this;

    http://i.imgur.com/Uc8i8kM.jpg

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Toowoomba (West)
    Posts
    7,897
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Forgive me for my cynicism, but isn't it a little suspicious that the trailer did not mention any negativity towards Big Tobacco?

    Only Anti-tobacco and Big Pharma appeared to be the one's deceiving the public.

    The actual documentary may actually show this, but if I were to judge it by the trailer, I'd say there's not going to be any mention of this;

    http://i.imgur.com/Uc8i8kM.jpg
    Could be it's a more complex subject that did not sit well in a short trailer. Big Pharma and their ANTZ minions are possibly one of the biggest opponents of vaping, from the WHO taking the pharma line despite the fact that vaping could help win their "end game" against tobacco down to Simon Chimpman working hard to justify his crackpot existence. BT doesn't want vaping banned, they just want it on their own terms (fat chance of that - too many smart vapers around). The trail wrt to BP and ANTZ is very clear and it looks like they may all be on the same page. What BT really wants may only be know by BAT, Reynolds, Imperial, Altria and Lorillard and it's not clear that they are on the same page since competition in various markets has been pretty cutthroat at times..
    merexy likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 10:01 PM.