• 3 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 6 Post By Vaporific
  • 1 Post By Wombats1

Thread: My Doctor want's to hand out info on Vaping

AVF Regular

My Doctor want's to hand out info on Vaping

Hi Guys,

My Doc has been a big supporter of Vaping. A few years ago I came in with a cheap twist and shit juice ... he liked the idea (montage 3 years later) and I bring in some big RBAs, Mods + PG/VG + Flavor and Nic.

I run him through 100% of the vape process building coils, cotton, making juice, charging batteries etc. He deals with people every day asking for champix and other BS and sees vaping as a great solution. He is a smart old bugger. He knows like we all do that vaping isn't 100% safe but far "better" for you then smoking.

He has asked me to get him some info he can hand out to other people.

This all sounds pretty cool really, so I am wondering if anyone has a FAIR 1 page assessment of vaping with diagrams we can use. A lot of what I have found is pretty heavy handed in how awesome vaping is - but really i'm after really some basic proven facts ie Is 95% safer then smoking, certain flavorings are bad, how it works. Current legislation (my GP will right a perscription of nic)

Hoping someone might have something ready to go to save me the effort?

Links welcome, but nothing to/from a vendor.
    Danyel Geelong likes this.

AVF Regular
    Did you search British/UK health services for docs?
    Fatman and fabricator4 like this.

Super Moderator
    Last edited by Fatman; 28-07-16 at 04:02 PM.
    Robray, Vaporific and LimeB like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    If he really wants to go down the rabbit hole

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...tes_report.pdf
    Vaporific likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I have been using this on Tweets a lot, it would probably come out as about a single page, but it has no pretty pics..

I also wrote an 'advice for Australian GPs & medical professionals' that I seem to have misplaced, but it was aimed at professionals to convince them to start promoting e-cigs, was 4 pages long, and it seems your GP is already way beyond needing it..

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in

AVF Regular
    thanks guys, a lot of god data!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Courage View Post
    thanks guys, a lot of god data!
    FatMan affects some people like that...

Good job, and I like your GP

Will he consider prescribing nicotine? Since a lot of state legislation seems to be moving towards criminalising nicotine possession thanks to our various brain-damaged health departments, having a prescription for it may be the only way to avoid prosecution if things get nasty. I'm not advocating for this to be way to get nicotine, simply that it be one method (holding a prescription) that we can drop a crowbar into the rusty wheels of state law if we have to.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaporific View Post
    I have been using this on Tweets a lot, it would probably come out as about a single page, but it has no pretty pics..

I also wrote an 'advice for Australian GPs & medical professionals' that I seem to have misplaced, but it was aimed at professionals to convince them to start promoting e-cigs, was 4 pages long, and it seems your GP is already way beyond needing it..
    I just read this and checked out that under 18s can indeed purchase traditional NRT devices??????

What the hell, not recommended for under twelve, so a twelve year old can access NRT.

But I can not purchase nicotine e-juice at 51years. WOW.

A twelve year cant buy tobacco legally but can access NRT, what are we doing.

Sorry that just spins me
    mpc3k likes this.
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombats1 View Post
    I just read this and checked out that under 18s can indeed purchase traditional NRT devices??????

What the hell, not recommended for under twelve, so a twelve year old can access NRT.

But I can not purchase nicotine e-juice at 51years. WOW.

A twelve year cant buy tobacco legally but can access NRT, what are we doing.

Sorry that just spins me
    They know it's not as addictive. In trials to test the effects of nicotine on diseases like dementia and Parkinson's no patients were found to have a nicotine addiction afterwards, despite using NRT for the trial. Articles about addiction to nicobate gum or lozenges for example seem to deal exclusively with smokers or ex smokers. NRT is no more a "gateway" to nicotine than vaping is.

Michael Mosely vaped nicotine for a month in his programme about vaping, and despite being a non smoker came out of it without being addicted to nicotine. Could you imagine that happening if he'd been smoking for a month, or even a week? He did smoke one cigarette as a test and for comparison, and his comment was something to the effect of "I understand what it's all about now". That's just one cigarette. He did not have the same reaction to vaping I noticed.

They should have made way more out of that than they did. I think he probably researched it before hand and knew the dangers of becoming addicted were very slight.

It doesn't lessen the stupidity of the attitudes towards liquid nicotine, and makes the attempts to discredit vaping through bad science and reporting look even more stupid to those that know the truth. That 12 year olds have access to NRT bothers me not in the slightest. If they experiment with that or vaping instead of trying smoking (and some will) and don't become addicted to any of it, that's a good thing.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.