Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 7 days to go until the New Products stop flowing

AVF Regular

7 days to go until the New Products stop flowing

Apparently the FDA deeming rules kick in on the 8th.

Any new product sold in the US will need to undergo multi-million dollar review

Any existing product will have 2 years to submit an application for the multi-million dollar review, and then it will be taken off the market.

This includes the devices and tanks and 0mg ejuice, not just nicotine containing ejuice.

Chinese companies are pumping out product after product just to get stuff on the market before the 8th so that the US vendors can sell their products for another 2 years.

Big Tobacco welcome the new regulations.

Vape companies and associations are taking the FDA to court in October.

So between August 8th and October (but most likely much longer), there will most likely be no new stuff coming out.

What a wonderful world.
    OldGrump likes this.

AVF Regular
    While the US is a huge market for China it's not the only market. The domestic market is huge, so is Europe in spite of the TPD. The rest of Asia including us fit in there somewhere.

I predict you'll see plenty of new products in the future, especially those aimed at the TPD. The Yanks will probably just import them the same as we do. Fasttech is going to do a roaring trade.

There's already vendors in the US closing up though. Seems silly to me, but I guess those ones were only in it for the free ride.
    Tara and OldGrump like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Maybe after the 8th, the Chinese companies will start treating us arse end of the world customers a bit better
    and replying in their vendor threads...
    OldGrump likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricator4 View Post
    While the US is a huge market for China it's not the only market. The domestic market is huge, so is Europe in spite of the TPD. The rest of Asia including us fit in there somewhere.

I predict you'll see plenty of new products in the future, especially those aimed at the TPD. The Yanks will probably just import them the same as we do. Fasttech is going to do a roaring trade.

There's already vendors in the US closing up though. Seems silly to me, but I guess those ones were only in it for the free ride.
    Yep what Fab said.

Most manufacturers are already making tanks to suit the TPD regs like the Naut X and the cubis pro mini which are 2ml tanks and then you can get extension kits to make them bigger.

And besides the major Chinese manufacturers also have the $$$ to go through the certification process if they choose to.
    OldGrump likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    House of Hybrids, (HOH),
    has decided to stop selling to the US market, (20% of their business),
    & have canned their juice line.
    They are only going to sell outside the US, (until the FDA pulls it's horns in).
    OldGrump likes this.

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    i think the ecig market in APAC is just starting to grow and should more than offset the loss of sales to the US market and thus continue innovation:

the biggest immediate loss to us will be those over sweetened over flavoured US juices which i don't care about, and premium NET's which is a disaster!

the following is from BIS research:

"BIS Research analysis of the industry suggests that e cigarette is yet to gain a wide scale acceptance in the APAC (Asia Pacific) region. APAC, with countries such as China and India is home to the largest producers and consumers of tobacco products and the conversion of even a small percentage of smokers to vapers is expected to bring about significant revenue flow from these countries. In spite of being ranked lower in the global e-cigarette market revenue generation, China is currently the manufacturing hub, exporting more than 80% of the e-cigarettes and accessories produced to the U.S. and the European markets."
    OldGrump likes this.

AVF Regular
    The FDA is placing vape gear in the tobacco category, does this mean tobacco is FDA approved?
    I wonder what will happen to all the well known American reviewers.
    Last edited by rodbam; 02-08-16 at 03:07 PM. Reason: added more

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rodbam View Post
    The FDA is placing vape gear in the tobacco category, does this mean tobacco is FDA approved?
    I wonder what will happen to all the well known American reviewers.
    No. well sorta. Cigarettes will be grandfathered in as long as they were on the market before 2007. Anything after then needs approval. Which sucks for ecigs as nothing was really available before then.
    rodbam and OldGrump like this.
    Last cigarette, 11:00 AM 11th March 2015.

Super Moderator
    That's the idea
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    that's the fundamental flaw with the yanks.
    they can ***** and moan all they like it all comes down to who has the most money.

Granted we are not much better,
    but at least here if something major can shock the population the politicians will get off their asses.

in the words of style
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    When your ready for plan b, come find me

We need to sort the human issue out sharpish, so we can move on to more pressing matters...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast