Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Florida communities try to get rid of fruit-flavored tobacco they say targets kids

As title says:

Fruit-flavored tobacco: Efforts are under way in Florida to get rid of fruit-flavored tobacco - OrlandoSentinel.com

Edit:
    Meanwhile in California:

http://www.vvdailypress.com/opinion/...bacco-big.html

"We’ve always opposed such “ballot box budgeting.” Another problem is that the Prop. 29 tax would tend to further depress cigarette use, making the bond repayment problem worse. Moreover, it would push cigarette prices for many brands above $7, a threshold that in Canada in the late 1990s produced a huge black market. If that happened, cigarette use could remain steady while tax revenue could drop.

Smokers are quitting. Cigarette-tax levels are maxed out. Time to let smokers alone."

Big bucks at state or is health a priority?

Vape on!
    Last edited by Mushman; 28-02-12 at 01:39 AM.

Don't worry, there's always alcohol taxes...

Maybe a sugar tax...

Certainly a carbon tax...

Those bastards would charge an oxygen tax if they could figure out a way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by soundasleep View Post
    Don't worry, there's always alcohol taxes...

Maybe a sugar tax...

Certainly a carbon tax...

Those bastards would charge an oxygen tax if they could figure out a way to do it.
    damn mate, ever thought that it may have simply slipped their mind. If one comes out now, I am blaming you for coming up with it.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    damn mate, ever thought that it may have simply slipped their mind. If one comes out now, I am blaming you for coming up with it.
    I second that, if i have to pay for air i am coming round your house soundasleep and im stealing yours with my dyson....

Well everything's our fault,we pollute the air and breathe Oxygen.

They own it all apparently...except sometimes the footpath,unless your tree hangs over it...depends on who it suits really.

Well everything's our fault,we pollute the air and breathe Oxygen.

They own it all apparently...except sometimes the footpath,unless your tree hangs over it...depends on who it suits really.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Well they charge you for collecting rain water in QLD.

AVF Regular
    my garden collects rainwater too. perhaps they should charge me in herbs and tomatoes.

but i pity future generations. laws and by-laws are getting more and more ridiculous. so is inflation. our grandparents or greatgrans were able to live with just the male in a family of 5 having full-time work. average household size in 1911 was 4.5 [ABS (2002b), Year Book, Australia, 2002. Catalogue No. 1301.0, Australian Bureau of Statistics, Canberra]. but that's probably off-topic.

php
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
    Well they charge you for collecting rain water in QLD.
    I get charged a 'stormwater' levy even though the nearest drains are 5 or 6 k's away and the water running down the side of the road and taking my drive away is my problem.

Then there's the permit to operate an 'onsite waste management facility' because the nearest sewerage service they can't provide is a similar distance away.

If they start taxing me for another service they can't provide an alternative for, rainwater, then I'll have to take up drinking from the creek and shitting in the paddock!
    Cheers.... Pete.

Provari+Liquinator, Prodigy V3+306DCA, 510N, VV Egos and other bits.

AVF Regular
    why not just drop a bomb and start a new generation of clones...so they work for free and rework thier mind just to pay tax and no holiday....

clone = 1 mind, 1 body, 1 shit(oopps)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast