Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By sassy
  • 4 Post By Hoofprint
  • 1 Post By CycoPablo

Thread: De-facto prohibition of cigarettes starts to bite

AVF Regular

De-facto prohibition of cigarettes starts to bite

Alternative title: "Nanny-statist health nazis stab ex-police officer by proxy"

Australian tobacco executive bashed and stabbed in attempted kidnap

It'll only get worse!

AVF Regular
    yep and its what i have been saying for years.

all these fools running Pro vape groups are stupidly blind.
    If they made the factual argument every new vaper takes money away from illegal chop-chop, they might get more support.

AVF Regular
    Don't ya love the last paragraph. Of course Simon there is no black market tobacco in Australia!

Health advocates have accused the tobacco industry of overstating the size of Australia's illicit tobacco market and the involvement of organised crime as part of a strategy by 'big tobacco' to combat anti-tobacco initiatives that erode the profits of cigarette companies.

AVF Regular
    Well when you are at the top of the food chain and you malign or ignore people you are claiming to help without even trying for middle ground (and anti smokers do tend to be extremist in views) - There will always be those that will see this behaviour as a green light for hurting others in some way - be it verbally, mentally or physically

Through thier own self rightious pompousness and allowance of extremist views against a portion of Australians who are doing something legal and mostly as adult choices - The anti smoking lobby has now created a casualty that can be directly attributed to the anti smoking lobby

I hope the executive and tobbacco company sues thier asses ...

The denial of the black market (like denying alternate views) is just another point in extremism and possible indicator of extremist ideologies - deny the issue deflect all naysayers and both smokers and non smokers will believe them- Idiotic I know - but it amazes me how many people will listen to others and either compromise thier own view till it dosent exist anymore (cause they dont see any other way) or simply follow without question ..
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 14-08-16 at 03:44 AM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    bwhaha health advocates can ***** and moan about the numbers all they like,
    I have directly asked someone in Anti smoke/Dept of health in canberra, the numbers are worse then in that article. It was billion dollar industry 10 years ago.

same as im expecting the next anti smoke shock realisation to be plain packaging did have an effect just not the one they wanted.
    early numbers didn't put the country quit rate at the 80% like they thought it would get.

(WARNING: NOT VERIFIED) last numbers i heard it was near 1.8% with a bulk shifting to Other products.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    "Health advocates have accused the tobacco industry of overstating the size of Australia's illicit tobacco market..."

So by extension, they're accusing the govt and police of the same thing.

Unless this whole thing is one big charade. Our pollies are universally pathetic -- they need easy wins, and there's no easier win than demonising small minorities in society for political capital.

Nice to be out of the tobacco market.
    Hoofprint likes this.

AVF Regular
    the politician wankers and health nuts blow everything out of context.

You cant hide from the department of health's stats, their internal numbers are usually good.
    Problem is they cant discuss it, unless its been no longer held under what ever the governments version of a NDA is.