Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Some uk mostly US

AVF Regular

Some uk mostly US

Bad news, vapers: British doctors don’t want to hand out e-cigarettes on prescription

High levels of illegal e-cig sales at independent pharmacies

High levels of illegal e-cig sales at independent pharmacies | Chemist+Druggist

India's Got a Vape Problem

India's Got a Vape Problem | Motherboard

Can vaping provide an alternative to smoking?
    Make Vaping Great Again! Can Technology Provide A Healthier Alternative to Smoking?

New Study Of E-Cigarette Users Finds Implementation Of FDA Deeming Rule Could Create A Black Market For Vaping Products And Drive Users Back To Tobacco

New Study Of E-Cigarette Users Finds Implementation Of FDA Deeming Rule Could Create A Black Market

Philip Morris' E-Cigarette Sucks Smokers Away from Japan Tobacco

Philip Morris' E-Cigarette Sucks Smokers Away from Japan Tobacco

Why E-Cigarette Makers Just Launched a Flood of New Products in the U.S.

New E-Cigarette Regulations Kick In Monday

How many Americans will die because of the FDA’s vaping rule?

How many Americans will die because of the FDA’s vaping rule? | Newsday

FDA Deeming Regulation Could Create A Black Market For Vaping Products

http://www.sciencecodex.com/fda_deem...roducts-188357

Security firm for e-liquid manufacturers raises eyebrows with billing plan

Security firm for vaping manufacturers raises eyebrows with billing plan | 2016-08-11 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

A new study correlates Finland's national tobacco policies - less smoking, more snus, for those addicted to nicotine - seem to be radically reducing the incidence of subarachnoid hemorrhage, the most fatal form of stroke
    Fatal Type Of Stroke Incidence Lower -- Thanks For Not Smoking

A Little More Walking Leads to Less Smoking in Finland

A Little More Walking Leads to Less Smoking in Finland | American Council on Science and Health

Man smoking e-cigarette while using oxygen seriously burned (snus anyone?)

Man smoking e-cigarette while using oxygen seriously burned | The Daily Courier | Prescott, AZ

FDA Makes It Harder To Quit Smoking

Forbes Welcome

E-Cigs Are Going Tobacco-Free With Synthetic Nicotine
    E-Cigs Are Going Tobacco-Free With Synthetic Nicotine | WIRED

Alle-Kiski Valley vape shop owners say 40 percent tax will cause closures

Alle-Kiski Valley vape shop owners say 40 percent tax will cause closures | TribLIVE

Why The FDA Regs On Vaping Are Going To Fail (video)

Why The FDA Regs On Vaping Are Going To Fail - AskMen

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    The dilema is and always will be how we can regulate = money. It has and will never be about health. Short term money grab. We as vapers know the long term benefits.

Hookers in the long run will only d9 damage. They want regulation only sold at sex shops. Figure that shit out ffs. Go to a rally be pidgeon holed.
    Last edited by Smasha; 18-08-16 at 05:01 AM.

Super Moderator
    My credentials trump Simon's

Prof. Linda Bauld, Professor of Health Policy at the University of Stirling, Deputy Director of UK Centre for Tobacco and Alcohol Studies, and Chair in Behavioural Research for Cancer Prevention at Cancer Research UK, said:

“This study1 does not provide evidence that e-cigarettes are a gateway to regular smoking in teenagers. It is important that ongoing research on this topic is conducted, including in the UK, where e-cigarette age of sale laws already exist and significant marketing restrictions will be introduced from May this year. Such measures are important to protect children, as electronic cigarettes are products for adult smokers who wish to cut down and stop smoking.”

1 ‘Longitudinal study of e-cigarette use and onset of cigarette smoking among high school students in Hawaii’ by Thomas A Wills et al. published in Tobacco Control on Monday 25 January 2016.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Super Moderator
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    The conclusion in last study is prolly most relevant to Australia because accuracy of information around vaping and smokers harm reduction is in the eye of the beholder with more that one group interested in how vaping will play out here in Australia -

including the Cancer council who want thier perception of (based in pharmaceutical interests) of possible medicalisation or complete abstinence to be the only perception held by smokers

Who ever wins the war of perception among smokers also stand to gain big monetary wise, legislation wise and other

Study
    EC use can reverse harmfrom tobacco smoking in asthma patients who smoke
    Persisting Long Term Benefits of Smoking Abstinence and Reduction in Asthmatic Smokers Who Have Switched to Electronic Cigarettes - ProQuest

Study
    By substantially reducing tobacco consumption and minimizing post-cessation weight gain, EC-based interventions may improve smokers’ overall cardiovascular and metabolic risk profile
    Evaluation of Post Cessation Weight Gain in a 1-Year Randomized Smoking Cessation Trial of Electronic Cigarettes

Study
    Smokers invited to switch to electronic cigarettes who completely abstained from smoking showed steady progressive improvements in their exhaled breath measurements and symptom scores. FeNo and eCO normalization is highly supportive of improved respiratory health outcomes and adds to the notion that quitting from tobacco smoking can reverse harm in the lung.
    Changes in breathomics from a 1-year randomized smoking cessation trial of electronic cigarettes - Campagna - 2016 - European Journal of Clinical Investigation - Wiley Online Library

Study
    Inaccurate and inconsistent information about EC safety and efficacy, tobacco harm reduction, and nicotine toxicity is being offered to smokers and EC users. In particular, most health care professionals cannot communicate a clear and consistent message to their patients with respiratory problems and allergy who use or intend to use ECs. Therefore, it is important for the medical community to take an active role in considering all the pathways available to a smoking patient and recommend those that provide the greatest probability of eliminating exposure to tobacco smoke, including ECs.
    http://www.annallergy.org/article/S1...abstract?cc=y=

Study (Farsalinos)
    Electronic cigarettes that use tank-type atomizers appear to deliver nicotine in more consistent quantities (within the acceptable limits for medicinal nebulizers and similar to the nicotine inhaler) than electronic cigarettes that use cartomizers. The protocol for testing nicotine delivery consistency described in this paper could be used effectively for regulatory purposes.
    Protocol proposal for, and evaluation of, consistency in nicotine delivery from the liquid to the aerosol of electronic cigarettes atomizers: regulatory implications - Farsalinos - 2016 - Addiction - Wiley Online Library

Study
    Positive e-cigarette expectancies among e-cigarette users are associated with a greater likelihood of having quit smoking, but lower likelihood of intention to quit e-cigarette use.
    E-cigarettes and expectancies: why do some users keep smoking? - Harrell - 2015 - Addiction - Wiley Online Library

Cancer council victoria Study (important to note)
    What this study adds: Among smokers and ex-smokers, this study found that the belief that ECs are (a lot) less harmful than conventional cigarettes was considerably higher in the United Kingdom than in Australia in 2013. The finding is consistent with the less restrictive regulatory environment for ECs in the United Kingdom, suggesting that the regulatory framework for ECs adopted by a country can affect smokers’ perceptions about the relative harmfulness of ECs, the group that stands to gain the most from having an accurate belief about the relative harms of ECs.
    Prevalence and Correlates of the Belief That Electronic Cigarettes are a Lot Less Harmful Than Conventional Cigarettes Under the Different Regulatory Environments of Australia and the United Kingdom
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 18-08-16 at 02:03 PM.
    Robray, gtadmin and Wombats1 like this.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

AVF Regular
    And people continue to die
    Lets discuss it some more
    Lets talk about this
    And people continue to die..........

Spins me out that government is so desensitized to the deaths.
    The facts are in, more than enough studies show vaping saves lives, it is not open for f..n debate its fact, (empirical data shows this) but predicated on perhaps 5% risk we will dribble, obfuscate and procrastinate.......

All the while people die

Go figure
    Smoke free since april 2016

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombats1 View Post
    Lets talk about this

The facts are in, more than enough studies show vaping saves lives, it is not open for f..n debate its fact, (empirical data shows this) but predicated on perhaps 5% risk we will dribble, obfuscate and procrastinate.......

All the while people die

Go figure
    And will continue to do so while government only considers one-sided propaganda1

1 ideas or statements that may be false or exaggerated and that are used in order to gain support for a political leader, party, etc.

Oh, for an off-shore web host at minimal cost (I'm a pensioner after all )

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    The conclusion in last study is prolly most relevant to Australia because accuracy of information around vaping and smokers harm reduction is in the eye of the beholder with more that one group interested in how vaping will play out here in Australia -
    Cancer council victoria Study (important to note)
    What this study adds: Among smokers and ex-smokers, this study found that the belief that ECs are (a lot) less harmful than conventional cigarettes was considerably higher in the United Kingdom than in Australia in 2013. The finding is consistent with the less restrictive regulatory environment for ECs in the United Kingdom, suggesting that the regulatory framework for ECs adopted by a country can affect smokers’ perceptions about the relative harmfulness of ECs, the group that stands to gain the most from having an accurate belief about the relative harms of ECs.
    Prevalence and Correlates of the Belief That Electronic Cigarettes are a Lot Less Harmful Than Conventional Cigarettes Under the Different Regulatory Environments of Australia and the United Kingdom
    Absolutely no surprises here, although it's quite shocking to me how many actual doctors are misinformed about real differences in harm between smoking and vaping. Maybe we should be talking to our local doctors instead of our local politicians. My personal experience with doctors however is that they are misinformed, prejudiced, and closed minded when it come to looking at the subject. They need to start getting unbiased and reliable information from sources they can trust (which at the moment is not the vaping community).

Quote Originally Posted by Wombats1 View Post
    Lets talk about this

All the while people die

Go figure
    I'm not surprised. This is a war of propaganda, make no bones about it the side that wins this is the one with the best propaganda. Can truth defeat propaganda? I'm thinking only if we use the same tactics that the propagandists use.

*Come up with some shocking headlines. (and get them published in mainstream media) "one billion people will die this century" is great and all, but it's a CENTURY, a time frame not easily grasped by most people, let alone a "billion" - it's only shocking if you have a realistic grasps of numbers which lets out 99.9% of the population. How about "Four of your close relatives and friends are going to die a painful death, struggling in agony for the very air they breath" I'm not just being dramatic here, this IS my personal experience and the reason I'm now a vaper.

*Get some studies done about the incestuous nature of the ANTZ "studies" (people are already trying this). This needs a lot of traction because so far it's just an anomaly, media wise.

*There needs to be a third realisation here. I'm stumped on this one however it needs to be a positive message. The good news stories (and I count mine and ours as part of this) needs a lot of traction with the public consciousness. Anecdotal evidence doesn't seem to be doing it however...

I guess I just solved the world's smoking problem over a lunchtime bourbon ( forgive me, it's been a rough day ) without getting much closer to an actual solution. Am I right in thinking that stating the problem gets just an insy winsy tiny bit closer to a solution?
    Last edited by fabricator4; 18-08-16 at 04:05 PM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    I was one of those gurgling and drowning in my own fluids, under 50kg weak as a kitten, prob why it pisses me off.

Not one health professional suggested I could save myself with this technology, in fact if I listened to them i would likey be dragging an oxygen bottle around behind me now and be still near death
    They cherry pick crap research and hold it up like its gospel and use it as an excuse to let more suffer and die.

Seems noone is interested in actually saving lives (present company excluded)

Been trying to place a pic of my last referral cant seem to work it out

Supplemental Oxygen basically.

Love your work Rebel
    Sorry I get so pissed at the ridiculous situation, I am disgusted by their stance.

Apologies
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Meanwhile while we have hookers and clouds and people helpful enough to help others monopolize markets-

This is what the CC, AMA, Heart foundation and others have been busy with to *cough educate (misinform) the masses - Clever clever

Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 19-08-16 at 05:51 AM.
    Robray likes this.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast