Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: I'm going on radio to discuss vaping

AVF Regular

I'm going on radio to discuss vaping

Hi all, I've been working at a radio station for about 3 months now and one of the show hosts is going to get me in for a live interview regarding vaping.

Just wanted to get your thoughts and ideas on what I should talk about. I'm located in SA so nicotine is legal to possess so I should be fine to say that I vape with nicotine. It's WA and NSW where nicotine is outlawed I believe?

I'm pretty much just going to talk about the benefits of switching from cigs to vaping and how it's a lot more healthy than smoking. I'll also chat about the bullshit articles regarding how bad vaping is and disprove some of the popular myths.

Any other ideas or suggestions would be great! Also, if there's some interest, I'll get a recording of the interview and post it on here

AVF Regular
    In Wa, sale of anything vaping related is banned (resembles smoking) including juice, nic or not.
    Importation is allowed possession is allowed go figure, i can vape my nic anywhere, unless a business/institution has a no vape policy displayed. Though commonsense for myself is I dont vape where smoking is prohibited.

Someone from QLD prob explain there rules better but I believe you can sell juice and tech so long as no nic.

But you cant legally vape with nic nor legally import.

https://www.vapingmad.com.au/e-cig-nicotine-laws/
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Ahhh thanks for clearing that up for me! My little mind gets confused with all the varying state legislation!

AVF Regular
    It is insane indeed
    Chrisso_88 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeStranger View Post
    Hi all, I've been working at a radio station for about 3 months now and one of the show hosts is going to get me in for a live interview regarding vaping.

Just wanted to get your thoughts and ideas on what I should talk about. I'm located in SA so nicotine is legal to possess so I should be fine to say that I vape with nicotine. It's WA and NSW where nicotine is outlawed I believe?

I'm pretty much just going to talk about the benefits of switching from cigs to vaping and how it's a lot more healthy than smoking. I'll also chat about the bullshit articles regarding how bad vaping is and disprove some of the popular myths.

Any other ideas or suggestions would be great! Also, if there's some interest, I'll get a recording of the interview and post it on here

Sounds good. Don't try to cover too much, you'll just confuse everyone (ie the smokers that really need to hear it). It would be interesting to do this as a talk-back, then you get the objections from the public and formulate an answer to it. You've got a golden opportunity there.

Maybe make a temporary portable email address that you can broadcast to get people to send in questions or comments. You could help some people, and if they do a follow-up interview that might give you some material.
    Wombats1 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombats1 View Post
    In Wa, sale of anything vaping related is banned (resembles smoking) including juice, nic or not.
    Importation is allowed possession is allowed go figure, i can vape my nic anywhere, unless a business/institution has a no vape policy displayed. Though commonsense for myself is I dont vape where smoking is prohibited.

Someone from QLD prob explain there rules better but I believe you can sell juice and tech so long as no nic.

But you cant legally vape with nic nor legally import.

https://www.vapingmad.com.au/e-cig-nicotine-laws/
    I dont think that you are correct on the law in WA or on the legality of nic in au.
    Robray and Tara like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeStranger View Post

I would talk about vaping in a positive way but try and steer away from talking about what is legal and not as will just add to the confusion over the legality of vaping
    Robray likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Midlife View Post
    I dont think that you are correct on the law in WA or on the legality of nic in au.
    Well correct me

Not much point in an open statement like that.

??

AVF Regular
    Though I am right
    To the best of my knowledge

http://ww2.health.wa.gov.au/Articles...tern-Australia

And yes positive light

Correct information

Fabs email idea iis great

AVF Regular
    dont make it complicated, stay clear of laws and legislation.
    You have an opportunity to do what Danko and the Rest of those idiots at NNA AU should do.

Make the heartfelt case.
    You were a smoker, you wanted to quit
    Tell quit failures, family members that passed with lung cancer, how you felt before quitting.
    Then talk about how vaping made a difference, the good, the bad, the ugly(don't sugar coat this).
    End it with the open question Why wont Cancer Council, Government do more.

i cant stress this enough people can love us or hate us, but they need make up their own minds.
    Talking like politician wont help the cause, we need to appeal to people hearts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast