Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Anyone Else Get Their Vape Survey Follow-Up from UQ Today?

AVF Regular

Anyone Else Get Their Vape Survey Follow-Up from UQ Today?

Got a follow-up email to the survey they did a while back.

A bit clunky, and an interesting psychoanalytic set of questions. I'm not smart enough to know what they expected to learn about us from that...
    Crisscross and btobw like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    Got a follow-up email to the survey they did a while back.

A bit clunky, and an interesting psychoanalytic set of questions. I'm not smart enough to know what they expected to learn about us from that...
    I did as well. I was taken to a cancer council of Victoria vaping survey. The questions seemed reasonable and at least it seemed as though they sort of understand the vapers issues.

The main thing was you could comment in the last box. I used that to tell my story and my beliefs around tax and regulation.
    essiemessy and btobw like this.
    Colouring My World with Elegance
    Started Vaping 13th October, 2011

AVF Regular
    Yep, me too. I had intended to put it aside for another time, but .... suddenly it's 4pm and plan A for the afternoon is straight out the window.

I found it very strange in parts. At the end they ask for comments. I included a long list of things I found odd with the survey, but my answer was too long So I left it at just the 'my story' comments ... and then found there was a separate section right at the very end for comments on the survey itself. Luckily I had saved my comments.

Like all the questions about my 'current quit attempt'. It's three years since I quit! Am I still in my current quit 'attempt'?

And lots of questions where I wanted an 'it depends' option. And there seemed to be an assumption that nicotine is the only addictive element to smoking. And they switched suddenly from vaping questions to smoking questions. And all sorts of questions that don't apply to someone who hasn't smoked for years. Maybe I'm just in an odd mood today.

For anyone who didn't do their previous survey: https://www.habit.sph.uq.edu.au/Research/vape/

I assume everyone who did the earlier survey will get an email.
    essiemessy likes this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Oh - I forgot about the odd tax question. Does 'taxing e-cigarettes lower than cigarettes' mean just GST? Or does it mean a 'special' tax? Or does 'e-cigarettes shouldn't be taxed [not verbatim]' mean just GST?
    essiemessy likes this.

Limelight Freehand S/Custom Classic/StudioVape/PC Wood mods/VR Wood Mods/TMod/Reo/Floris Little Orca squonkers; Axiom hybrid; GP PAPS-X SS and Lux;PAPS Lux; GP Piccolo; Microstick; Gizmo; DRIFT M22; bOd Mecha
    Haku/Origen Little 16/Hadaly/Manta/Stumpy/Nectar/Derringer, Herons, Spheroids, Eviva, Sophias/SnP, MiniAtty, KFL+, Dripper Pro

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Yep, me too. I had intended to put it aside for another time, but .... suddenly it's 4pm and plan A for the afternoon is straight out the window.

I found it very strange in parts. At the end they ask for comments. I included a long list of things I found odd with the survey, but my answer was too long So I left it at just the 'my story' comments ... and then found there was a separate section right at the very end for comments on the survey itself. Luckily I had saved my comments.

Like all the questions about my 'current quit attempt'. It's three years since I quit! Am I still in my current quit 'attempt'?

And lots of questions where I wanted an 'it depends' option. And there seemed to be an assumption that nicotine is the only addictive element to smoking. And they switched suddenly from vaping questions to smoking questions. And all sorts of questions that don't apply to someone who hasn't smoked for years. Maybe I'm just in an odd mood today.

For anyone who didn't do their previous survey: https://www.habit.sph.uq.edu.au/Research/vape/

I assume everyone who did the earlier survey will get an email.
    I was a bit the same so I made sure to say that I quit 5 years ago. The billet box with bridge and aspire coils and DIY mentholeucalyptus might make them pause just a bit. LOL

I suppose any survey has to be all encompassing so might seem a bit odd for the middle liners.

I did like the chance to win $1000 I am good at winning things so I am in with a chance hahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Crisscross; 27-08-16 at 05:08 PM.
    gtadmin, btobw and stylemessiah like this.

AVF Regular
    Damn. You probably will win, too

So, did you assume you were still in a 5-year long quit 'attempt' when answering?

I just answered that I used box mods. Getting into the topic of mechs seemed counter-productive
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    Damn. You probably will win, too

So, did you assume you were still in a 5-year long quit 'attempt' when answering?

I just answered that I used box mods. Getting into the topic of mechs seemed counter-productive

Yes it seemed the easiest way to give the message I wanted.

I think my winning days are numbered. I won another Wismec rx 2/3 a few days ago. Doh
    btobw likes this.

AVF Regular
    LOL I think my comment was a bit long-winded. Had to shave off a couple of paragraphs. Spoke mostly of not having smoked for 3 years, tax & regs, and new vapers. Was 'out of bounds' for much of it. Grrrr a character limit indicator would have been helpful. Bugger I forgot to say that
    Robray, Crisscross and btobw like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by essiemessy View Post
    LOL I think my comment was a bit long-winded. Had to shave off a couple of paragraphs. Spoke mostly of not having smoked for 3 years, tax & regs, and new vapers. Was 'out of bounds' for much of it. Grrrr a character limit indicator would have been helpful. Bugger I forgot to say that
    I always figure that regardless of the intentions of the survey organisers, sooner or later someone is going to read my comments. If it changes one person's attitude to vaping then the time it took was worth it.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Grrrr a character limit indicator would have been helpful.

Need one of those for my good lady?
    Crisscross and essiemessy like this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast