Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: News drop

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post

Also GT if you find the proaganda stuff interesting thiink you will also find defintions and danger signs of cults interesting - its not so far removed (just replace the word god with something else ) Essentially the way both cults and proaganda operate - is very similar - All healthy pure people go to heaven and those who dont aspire to that way of thinking will burn - usually with a top down closed minded follow the leader approach attached

Alot of both propoganda and cult techniques cross over to sociology and marketing
    It wasn't so much that I was interested in the propaganda subject per se, just on how similar (or verbatim ) the utterances of the spokespeople* for the Cancer Council, Heart Foundation et al were to those spelled out as examples in that document.

Propaganda: ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc.

* Not to be confused with the majority of the people in these organisations who do a fantastic job, sometimes in trying situations.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 29-08-16 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Rider marked *
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Indeed, a stupid assumption on my part, because as a sufferer of MDD (major depressive disorder) or clinical depression they should not prescribe Champix to me but they did (was not pretty). Assumption (mine) was interactions with my other meds (serotonin syndrome) think i am bonkers now, should have seen it.

My mistake and quite correctly corrected

And yes addiction is for the long run, vaping just blew it out of the water for me when I get a crave BAM its sorted.

Thats the reason why I like vaping, While I can access it I do not have to worry about falling off the band wagon so to speak, take it away and it is just to darn easy to buy stinkeys.

Awesome as always Rebel
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Hard to tell at times where truth begins and ends and where some have just been suckered into certain ways of thinking (not just vaping but accross the board)

and probably too complicated a subject for my frazzled brain atm

Im going to go look at cat pics- soothing soothing cat pics

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    It wasn't so much that I was interested in the propaganda subject per se, just on how similar (or verbatim ) the utterances of the spokespeople* for the Cancer Council, Heart Foundation et al were to those spelled out as examples in that document.

Propaganda: ideas or statements that are often false or exaggerated and that are spread in order to help a cause, a political leader, a government, etc.

* Not to be confused with the majority of the people in these organisations who do a fantastic job, sometimes in trying situations.
    Fatman, fabricator4 and SubyXV like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    For most people vaping, it's always been about switching ie THR and not quitting, something that irks all the health zealots ... because you know, you're not pure unless you abstain completely
    I cannot wait for someone to inform those pricks they breathe the same air as we do.

Abstain from that douche bags...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    I cannot wait for someone to inform those pricks they breathe the same air as ..
    Bugzme, i love that quote and i may use it more often. Whilst the following is off topic - i wish people in the community accepted that people in my profession also breath the same air, bleed the same coloured blood, have emotions etc etc.

Again i reiterate what i said previously. Everyone has made valid comments previously. One does get frustrated when organisations cant accept that maybe there are alternative ways of quitting smoking other than the alleged social norms/"these are the only ways of quitting and everything else is wrong".

We could talk and explain things to the so called "experts" but we would only become more frustrated at there ability to listen. When it comes to the claimed studies and the so called "facts" to back up peoples arguments, its a given that you can alter/skew certain questions to give you the answers you want.

AVF Regular
    Sydney (or lurking in the shadows behind you)
    Liking that propaganda link GT
    Does he ever let up on A.A. ?
    (Penn & Teller didn't)

I Do Whatever I Want,
    Whenever I Want,
    And If It Doesn't Suit You,
    Go Start Your Own Empire

Anything I write on this Forum is purely my opinion and should never be read as fact!
    (or I could just be wrong)
    Please read the Forum rules
    (or wait for Johnny Depp to do the movie)
    Small reminder
    It's all about the cigartte ... Stupid

AVF Regular
    Without watching AA sucess rate as I recall is between 5-10% also been accused of being a cult bc of the religious aspect of it - Addiction certainly is an interesting subject the more you get into it - on the flip side of it for all the guilt it provides (and I have seen how destructive that can be from AA) - it also creates hope for some - so good for some and not for others I guess

Odd tho how many doctors and proffessionals will recommend it to clients full on knowing that the sucess rates are so low and the contraversy - maybe they wouldnt if gaining access to proper addiction facilities wasnt so dammed hard and expensive (like the vaping/ snus story but different)

Love penn and Teller but they do have thier own agenda (they are open far right wing libertarians) - and it pays to be cautious of them as well if you have a humanitarian streak through you

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely_Whiplash View Post
    Liking that propaganda link GT
    Does he ever let up on A.A. ?
    (Penn & Teller didn't)
    Snidely_Whiplash likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Seen this gem

When you thought public health could go no lower – it just did ę The counterfactual

More dribble

Clive chucks up a good rebuttal
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Something I'd like to know from folks in other states.......

In South Australia's public hospitals, inpatient clinics etc, "smokers" are given a choice between nic patches or small nicotine inhalers for the duration of their stay. They're a small ('bout 50mm) plastic device with a a removable mouthpiece and on the inside it contains a small (again, replaceable) capsule containing flavourless nicotine vapour. The nursing staff hand out replacement capsules like confetti. This might be due to a lot of nurses using the damned things themselves during their shift!

My question is: are these devices available to patients in other states?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12