Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Survey results : Brisbane Addiction Counsellor Vape Survey for TGA Submission

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me

Survey results : Brisbane Addiction Counsellor Vape Survey for TGA Submission

Thanks for all your submissions guys. Here's the link to the final report. Vape on!
    The Efficacy of Vaping Liquid Nicotine as a Method of Smoking Cessation | Counselling Brisbane
    gtadmin, Fatman, Cath Mort and 6 others like this.

Super Moderator
    Proofreading for you

Percentages seem to be incorrect?

Q1: I get 96.86% for "Yes"
    Q3: I get 97.69% for "No"
    Q4: I get 97.75% for "Yes"
    Q5: I get 98.64% for "Yes"
    Q6: I get 98.87% for "Yes"
    Q7: I get 97.93% for "Daily"

I didn't check the minor percentages.
    Last edited by gtadmin; 31-08-16 at 10:29 PM.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Thanks Brisbane for posting -

Although the results are up for debate based on the definition of 'quitting' or 'stopping' smoking - It is I think a false hypothesis by both vapers and ANTZ that produces false results but frames the dominant medical narrative nicely

Either way I suppose good luck and again thanks for posting
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Add all the percentages together and there's generally over 100%

The sum of all the responses should equal 1689 and the sum of percentages should equal 100%

AVF Regular
    Spot on GT, on seeing the errors. I guess this was finished late at night LOL

Thanks Brisbane for posting the results. I realise it was a bit out of the scope of your survey, but of those who did not find vaping to be a useful tool to quit smoking it would be very interesting to know what devices they are using. There's a chance they are using cigalikes or older technology clearomisers, and lack access to a vaping peer group who would be able to provide support and advice (like AVF for example). You're asking *vapers* about vaping, so I'd expect these kinds of results and this is one tool they (the ANTZ 'they') use to discount such surveys and therefore ignore that fact that vaping *is* a smoking cessation tool for a lot of people and it does work. As with any addiction, mental attitude and support is very important to success. One of the big differences with vaping is the support is mainly essential only during the learning phase - after a smoker finds something that works well enough for them relapsing is much less likely.
    Robray, gtadmin, Cath Mort and 2 others like this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I would hazard a guess that they could have been using cigalikes/disposables or they didn't actually like the juice.
    fabricator4 and rab like this.

AVF Regular
    Too simplistic to put it down to the devices but a proper study might be interesting -

Something I have seen on AVF for example is the need for support - not just in vaping but sometimes in other life issues - Also that some common advice for new vapers is to persist persist persist - which probably means that the inital stages of switching to vaping and for some getting through the smoking withdrawls is an issue (same kind of advice for better or worse that ANTZ gives when people go cold turkey ) -

There is also the loss for some for the relaxing or ahh feeling they get from a cigarette - which is probably most relevant to those with mental health issues, anxiety, depression, life issues or just plain stress- these kinds of things also tend to trigger those who have quit without vaping

For others who have been through the gammit of ohm, sub ohm, cigalkies and second gen and still deul use or fail - vaping perhaps is not the best option for them

Thats why this community works and has worked for so many - Diversity and acceptance of differences in idividuals and thier needs - rather than a one size fits all approach with guilt/ victim blaming attached cause someone has had the odd ciggy or whatever

Changing rituals and habits bother some people as well

Messing around with ecigs can be tiresome too esp vs a lighter and a cigarette..

Some saying that they want to quit or switch because of the pressure to do so - rather than an actual want...

Not seeing the benifit in switching to inhaling another substance

Probably more

A proper full study would be interesting either way

[QUOTE=fabricator4;808913 but of those who did not find vaping to be a useful tool to quit smoking it would be very interesting to know what devices they are using. .[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 01-09-16 at 05:52 PM.
    fabricator4 likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brisbane View Post
    Thanks for all your submissions guys. Here's the link to the final report. Vape on!
    The Efficacy of Vaping Liquid Nicotine as a Method of Smoking Cessation | Counselling Brisbane
    Just read on other place this guy is a vendor go figure
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombats1 View Post
    Just read on other place this guy is a vendor go figure
    Just dabbling by the look of it LOL
    Good luck to him, if he saves some lives.

There's a video of him on the website. Looks like a topbox at about 8 watts LOL.
    I think we need more counsellors like him.
    Wombats1 likes this.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Dont disagree but transparency would have been nice
    Smoke free since april 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast