• 2 Post By nicoandlaughter
  • 1 Post By stylemessiah
  • 1 Post By Daviet
  • 1 Post By Wombats1
  • 1 Post By juzdin

Thread: A Billion Lives in Australia

AVF Regular

A Billion Lives in Australia

Hi guys the crew from A Billion Lives want to know if there is enough interest in showing their doco in Australian capitol cities. It they get enough response they will show the movie. At this time they are only interested in showing the doco in the capitol cities. So when you fill out the form please put your nearest capitol city and its postcode in the appropriate place.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...ewform?c=0&w=1
    Vaporific and stylemessiah like this.

I am curious to see it, but not enough to travel to Melb and I would think the non-vaping/smoking fraternity would be even less inclined to schelp and pay?

I don't understand why they don't just put it on youtube, netflix or get ABC/SBS to run it (OK, ABC/SBS wouldn't be allowed to by their lefteology) - and get the sort of audience that would be beneficial to the 'cause'.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mathsguy View Post
    I am curious to see it, but not enough to travel to Melb and I would think the non-vaping/smoking fraternity would be even less inclined to schelp and pay?

I don't understand why they don't just put it on youtube, netflix or get ABC/SBS to run it (OK, ABC/SBS wouldn't be allowed to by their lefteology) - and get the sort of audience that would be beneficial to the 'cause'.
    It will eventually go to netfix and I think they will sell dvds. They are a business hence the need to make money. As soon as they put it on netflix, youtube etc no one will pay to see it.
    Robray and harold like this.

AVF Regular
    50/50 only chance on netflix australia - depending on thier policies - netflix Australia is in trouble and so

"The Australian Stock Exchange recently blocked its public listing designed to raise at least $50 million, though the company said it would continue to operate in Australia and focus “on the high growth, emerging markets of India and Indonesia as well as the United Arab Emirates”."

Stan and Presto are growing faster than Netflix, VPNs may be to blame

Maybe on Netflix US - especially if CC/ HF get involved and govts like indonesia, Arab emirates etc take offence to having a pro vaping documentary availiable on netflix on cultural / religious grounds

Quote Originally Posted by nicoandlaughter View Post
    It will eventually go to netfix and I think they will sell dvds. They are a business hence the need to make money. As soon as they put it on netflix, youtube etc no one will pay to see it.
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 05-09-16 at 09:58 PM.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Added meself
    nicoandlaughter likes this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    Went and saw it in Melbourne it was great Aaron and his crew were really friendly and helpful answered a lot of questions for everyone worth seeing.

AVF Regular
    Documentaries and making money out of them is a bit of a paradox. Documentaries, almost by definition, are designed to educate and inform large audiences. Box-office blockbusters they 'aint.

That's why the vast majority are put to air (though not necessarily produced by) public broadcasters. IMO, that's the route this producer should have taken. Instead, they now find themselves scratching around for audiences amongst people who are already fairly well-informed on the subject matter.

AVF Regular
    Kinda depends I think - here are the takings and budget for Micheal Moores Bowling for Columbine
    Bowling for Columbine (2002) - Financial Information
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Farenheight 911 comes to mind as well 200 mill or so

Not chump change, also I think they are looking to us to help get word out it is not a movie for vapers, we know all this s..t already.
    I dont necassarily agree with the way its being released, but they keep sayin this is the best way for exposure to the public. The public that knows nothing and needs to know.

I just want to see it and drag along the people in my life that need to see it. Coz they think im nuts and buy into "trusted sources" CC, HF etc I want them all to see it sure will give em somthing to think about
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Newbie | Be nice to me
    I've also added myself to the list.