Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: International Vendors also cease exporting to the US?

AVF Regular

International Vendors also cease exporting to the US?

Reddit post suggests that companies such as HG have stopped selling any new product (i.e post 8th August) to US vapers.

Link : https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...ill_order_from

I thought it was only prohibited to sell new products (including trivial obvious non-tobacco products like replacement coils and silicon sleeves) on US territory only.

Can anyone confirm this?

Why would international vendors participate in this prohibitory crap?

Background to recent law changes in the US : 7 days to go until the New Products stop flowing
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 11-09-16 at 09:07 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post

Because that's the regulation?
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    The FDA cant regulate selling by foreign companies, so it must be a ban on the import.

Surely we would have heard about this prior. None of the youtube reviewers mentioned this.
    OldGrump likes this.

Super Moderator
    The FDA cant regulate selling by foreign companies, so it must be a ban on the import.
    Yes they can if it's sold on American soil, or to American residents via the internet

ETA: Australia does the same thing eg those wheel driven platforms that kept catching on fire when charging (forget the common name) ... they fail Australia Standards

ETA2: hoverboards (doh)
    Last edited by gtadmin; 11-09-16 at 10:06 PM.
    giruvian, Fatman and OldGrump like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Why would you tube reviewers mention it
    And this has all came from Reddit which is as credible as the sun newspaper
    OldGrump likes this.

AVF Regular
    Reddit post suggests that companies such as HG have stopped selling any new product (i.e post 8th August) to US vapers.

Link : https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_...ill_order_from

I thought it was only prohibited to sell new products (including trivial obvious non-tobacco products like replacement coils and silicon sleeves) on US territory only.

Can anyone confirm this?

Because it is the law.

It's actually quite clever. Americans can still buy products released before 8-8-16, and there's quite a lot of new stuff. These packages are guaranteed to get through customs or any other inspections that are devised. Americans wanting a guaranteed (barring postal or customs mishaps) delivery might do well to order from HG.

Personally, I don't see how customs are going to be able to differentiate between these and products released after 8-8-16. You'd think it would be way more trouble than it was worth. HG are a very high profile company that *only* do vape products though, which makes them an easy target if they are known to be doing the wrong thing.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs but you can't blame HG for adapting to the circumstances in ways that will maintain their solid reputation, for the next couple of years at least.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    If packages from HG started to get confiscated by USA customs i can't see the average US consumer saying " well it was worth a try i guess i'll cop the loss of this item"

Fuk no - Charge back Charge back Charge back will be the cry and this may well impact HG's business in a few ways.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    If you read the post its for an item with batteries in them that are not being sent.
    Looks like all batteries and items containing batteries are no longer shipped over seas from China, I know they wont ship to Australia at the moment if things have built in batteries.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    If you read the post its for an item with batteries in them that are not being sent.
    Looks like all batteries and items containing batteries are no longer shipped over seas from China, I know they wont ship to Australia at the moment if things have built in batteries.
    ??

Since when?

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast