Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Surely you can trust pharmacists to do the right thing....

AVF Regular

Surely you can trust pharmacists to do the right thing....

Pharmacist to pay nearly $100k for importing ice pipes

The pharmacist who also owns a chain of Perth smoke shops has been ordered to pay nearly $100,000 after pleading guilty

Earlier this month Hoang Nam Nguyen, who owns the Cloud 9 chain of shops in Western Australia, pleaded guilty to importing more than 2000 ice pipes from China and India between May and July 2014.

At the time Nguyen’s defence lawyer said that when the pharmacist ordered the pipes, they were described as “glass tobacco pipes” and that Nguyen, who did not use methamphetamines or tobacco, believed they were intended for use in smoking tobacco.

He had also said he thought the pipes could be used for holding candles or as kerosene lamps.

However Magistrate Elizabeth Ross said it was “naïve” to think that a pharmacist would not know how ice was taken.

The ice pipes were bought for only 73 cents each, but the court heard that they would have sold for between $60 and $120 each.

ABC news reports that Nguyen has now been fined $60,000 for illegally importing the pipes. He was also ordered to pay $36,500 in court costs.

Nguyen’s defence lawyer had applied for a spent conviction, saying that his ability to practise as a pharmacist could be compromised otherwise.

However the magistrate refused, the ABC reports, saying that there were no exceptional circumstances warranting such an order.

https://ajp.com.au/news/pharmacist-f...ing-ice-pipes/

Just how the fudge does a pharmacist get to also run a series of smoke shops?
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Ugh. Anything for a fast buck.
    stylemessiah likes this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

AVF Regular
    will help to be a pharmacist to run an stock those shops

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneo View Post
    will help to be a pharmacist to run an stock those shops
    True, particularly as a lot of these "smoke" shops are known to sell all sorts of chemical and illegal nonsense under the counter

Id just raid the fuckers on a daily basis and put them out of business, but thats just me...
    Cath Mort and shaneo like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post
    True, particularly as a lot of these "smoke" shops are known to sell all sorts of chemical and illegal nonsense under the counter

Id just raid the fuckers on a daily basis and put them out of business, but thats just me...
    Yep seen some people on the telly last night
    On some new stuff Geez that was a sight
    stylemessiah likes this.

Big shout out to AVF and Everyone that helped me on my Journey to quit the the Death Sticks

AVF Regular
    If they don't use pipes they will just use light bulbs... stupid pointless laws. Nanny state BS.
    Vaporific and RogueTomato like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by stylemessiah View Post

You're all for a right wing police state and prohibition, until it comes to your drug of choice.
    Robray, mathsguy, Dalork and 1 others like this.
    "Go away and come back when you understand better." he said. He would not let me pass.

AVF Regular
    welp since my smoke shop in town has been selling $90 FT cigalikes and 10ml Hangsen juice for $15 a bottle.
    personally if the daily raids forced them shut down, i wouldnt be against it.

as i said last year there is one other vaper in this town., the smoke shop wont tell me who they are.
    because they know full well the moment i meet the vaper, they will never see them again as a customer.
    sc_rufctr likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Northerner View Post
    You're all for a right wing police state and prohibition, until it comes to your drug of choice.
    The one drug i use is the only one i have ever used (alcohol included) that hasnt altered my mood in a way that makes me an asshole to society.

And i wish i could give that one up, i didnt decide to start using it. For that matter i didnt chose to become an alcoholic either, but at least ive beaten that.

Ive never heard of anyone smoking and then bashing anyone
    Ive never heard of anyone smoking and then murdering someone because of their addiction
    Ive never heard of anyone smoking breaking into homes to further their nicotine habit
    Ive never heard of anyone smoking and then becoming an unproductive member of society
    Ive never seen anyone smoking and then throwing up all over the sidewalk outside of where i live
    Ive never seen anyone smoking and then curling up in the gutter outside of where i live

I could go on

I think ive been clear in the past have no time for drunken and drugfucked idiots and junkies

I work hard at my sobriety, but thats because i try...those who dont, dont want to be a useful part of society and are assholes arent going to get the pity they seek from society from me.

I have barriers that i was born with and i still contribute, so its insane to me that drug apologists want to allow people to acquire barriers, and get fucked up 24/7

Want to try quitting insidious illegal drugs and being a useful member of society, im there for you 100%...otherwise....
    Last edited by stylemessiah; 22-09-16 at 11:54 AM.

Handy shopping links:

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
    welp since my smoke shop in town has been selling $90 FT cigalikes and 10ml Hangsen juice for $15 a bottle.
    personally if the daily raids forced them shut down, i wouldnt be against it.

as i said last year there is one other vaper in this town., the smoke shop wont tell me who they are.
    because they know full well the moment i meet the vaper, they will never see them again as a customer.
    Id like to see TSG and Cignal shut down for their predation on newbie vapers who dont know any better and them marking their gear up by at times 200%

Lol, i hope you find out who the other vaper is!

Handy shopping links:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast