Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: french documentary beyond the clouds and bits

AVF Regular

french documentary beyond the clouds and bits

Documentary (I havent had time to see it yet but more details and the film are here approx 1 hour )

Thier facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/beyondthecloudthefilm/

and website

Beyond the cloud

from an aussie truckie magazine (just cause short as it is i was a little surprised actually)

Hospital stints are one way to give up the fags...
    Hospital stints are one way to give up the fags... | Big Rigs

FDA rule on tobacco products under final review

FDA rule on tobacco products under final review | TheHill

Canada
    Liberals to regulate e-cigarettes to help shield young people from addiction

Liberals to regulate e-cigarettes to help shield young people from addiction - The Globe and Mail

Letter
    LETTER: Vaping isn't smoking and shouldn't be taxed that way

LETTER: Vaping isn't smoking and shouldn't be taxed that way | Grand Forks Herald
    1ynne likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Interesting doco.
    Seems more like an opinion piece though.
    Whether such a documentary was effective or could have showed vaping in a better light or paints a more negative picture of vaping is debatable.
    However, whats most important, in my humblest view, is that more of these documentaries should be emerging..
    Whether people see the good/bad in vaping is not the focus.
    I feel that the focus should be on getting people to know what vaping is.
    2 years ago, i didnt know what the hell vaping was.
    As a smoker, i could not care less what the hell was going into my body. But i wanted to quit...
    And being exposed to vaping gave me that opportunity. I'm only starting to feel the health effects now.
    But the initial exposure and awareness phase was critical for me.
    It was not about harm reduction or the health benefits. It was getting off the cigarettes.
    I didnt know much about how much less toxic vaping was or how my health would improve.
    Rather, i knew that if i can put a pack of marlboros into my lungs everyday, putting some vapour in would do no more harm in comparison.
    Thats how i made the transition.

TLDR: more documentaries and more noise should be made about vaping. People need to know it is a viable alternative.
    Fatman, Cath Mort, 1ynne and 1 others like this.

Downloading to watch later (277mb at 480p)

I dont do buffering
    Snidely_Whiplash and MiriG like this.
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    I think its quite significant that this is a French vaping doco considering France is such a huge smoking culture.
    Between a puff and a Kalashnikov | The Economist

AVF Regular
    The doctor at 28:12 makes a really good point.

We dont know the long term effects. On a single day, the amount of toxins consumed may be small especially when compared to tobacco smoke, but over time these toxins may accumilate.

But then the doctor completely discredits himself by citing dual use, saying that some people will vape in places where they cant smoke and then smoke outside of those times.

Dual-use of smoking and vaping is a fallacy. People will be either be long term vapers or long term smokers. Dual use is only a very short transition period whereby the person will either dismiss vaping, or become an exclusive vaper.

The only evidence for dual use comes from self reports of smokers who tried some crappy cigalike in some mall, and at the time of the study, reported that they still smoked.

Its these studies that allows people like Simon Chapman to perpetuate this myth of dual use, but in my opinion, its the blind support by vapers themselves for cigalikes and big tobacco that does the most damage for vaping.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Dual-use of smoking and vaping is a fallacy. People will be either be long term vapers or long term smokers. Dual use is only a very short transition period whereby the person will either dismiss vaping, or become an exclusive vaper.

The only evidence for dual use comes from self reports of smokers who tried some crappy cigalike in some mall, and at the time of the study, reported that they still smoked.

Its these studies that allows people like Simon Chapman to perpetuate this myth of dual use, but in my opinion, its the blind support by vapers themselves for cigalikes and big tobacco that does the most damage for vaping.
    That's wrong.

I dual used for 6 months on a Reo, Hana 30w clone, Stingray, Origen V2, VA Kraken, Vulcan, etc, etc, etc.... certainly not cigalikes.

At the time vaping obviously wasn't working for me and smokes were filling the void. Smokes won out in the end when I cbf rewicking and coiling the old Tech. 2 years later ~ different story thankfully with the new tech

All Chipmonk does is vastly exaggerates the info that supports his arguments and disregards/trivializes info that counters his arguments.
    gtadmin and Cath Mort like this.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by singlefished View Post
    That's wrong.

I dual used for 6 months on a Reo, Hana 30w clone, Stingray, Origen V2, VA Kraken, Vulcan, etc, etc, etc.... certainly not cigalikes.

At the time vaping obviously wasn't working for me and smokes were filling the void. Smokes won out in the end when I cbf rewicking and coiling the old Tech. 2 years later ~ different story thankfully with the new tech

All Chipmonk does is vastly exaggerates the info that supports his arguments and disregards/trivializes info that counters his arguments.
    I know somebody who has dual used for 4 years, I know others who dual use with cigarettes and pharma NRT too
    singlefished likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

I cant even imagine dual using. I smoked for 35 years, picked up my vape gear, never smoked again from the first button press. So did my first convert, pressed the button...quit.

But we used much more efficient gear than the vape trailblazers.

All i can say is thanks to progress and the trailblazers, i never for a moment considered or needed to dual use...the thought of it actually makes me recoil in horror
    Stylemessiah: Prince of all things small and whispery. Abhorrer of shoutiness. Shunner of all vigorousities.

Pushing back against the vendor wall, one damn stupid post at a time...

Not on as many ignore lists as you think....

Handy shopping links:
    Mods With Issues (Often On Discounted Flash Sale) Last Updated 13/10/17

AVF Regular
    Dont know about the cumulative effect either, vape contains orders of magnitude less toxins than smokes, it is possible I guess for some compounds from flavours that may be cumulative but this would be easy to quantify just look to see if they are excreted, I thought the quacks statements more scare tactics than anything else,. Even seafood can contain heavy metals that are cumulative (Mercury) Basa comes to mind farmed in asias toilet bowl (Mekong Delta)and marketed to the west (I realise argument still rages) but not calling for bans (well its still sold)
    Bottom line is smoking = 100% Risk, i can live with the possible 5% risk vaping represents even over long term its better than analogues

Dual use hell no they stink bad and taste even worse
    Smoke free since april 2016

AVF Regular
    "ill take the crazy answer for $500 alex"

safe, not safe dosent matter not for me anyway.

Everything in this world from the largest animal to the smallest atom, can hurt or kill a human if done the right way.
    Doesn't matter if you a Yuppy Vegan Marathon runner that's never had a smoke in his life or some Hillbilly Redneck that used to pound 30-40 smokes a day and shits posts on AVF.

So the whole safe vs non safe its red herring argument.
    Nothing is ever 100% safe, id rather have what little fun i can in this life, instead of worrying about everything that might kill me.

Here endeth the rant of a mad man....
    Wombats1 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast