Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fabricator4
  • 1 Post By PurpleVapes

Thread: SanFran Professor shoots down anti-vaping myths

AVF Regular

SanFran Professor shoots down anti-vaping myths

I dont know who this Professor is, but he's definitely pro-vaping.

The vape communities need more like him.

https://regulatorwatch.com/brent/is-...ntz-web-extra/

Yes, Im joking. I just thought this was brilliant soundbiting.

The sponsored flavourart ads were priceless.

AVF Regular
    I'm not sure I want to watch the whole interview that came from. I can't afford to buy a new monitor at the moment.

While the sound bite is positive in some ways, it's still fear mongering.

Glantz: Nicotine is a neurotoxin... Nicotine is implicated in the growing of blood vessels into tumours...

Me: Neurotoxin? It's also a Neuroprotectant and a Neurostimulant. Promising research done in the last ten or fifteen years seems to indicate that it may be able to reverse some of the symptoms of nervous system disorders like MS, Parkinson's, Dementia, and Alzheimer's. Controlling and reducing the symptoms seems to be fundamental in slowing or even stopping the progression of all of these diseases and that's the approach medicine seems to be taking, albeit with rather expensive drug therapies and not nicotine. I'd think you'd be much more interested in that but you're not. Anyway, the 'poison' is in the dose, as any good pharmacologist will tell you - I'm pretty sure the expensive medications that are usually prescribed are also toxic and have far more side affects, and possibly may not be as affective based on the little research that has been done. (There's no money it right? Bit hard to charge hundreds of dollars for a couple of nicotine patches)

Me: Cancers? I think the issue here is, the poor patient already has a cancer, probably caused by smoking. Also, a cynical use of loaded words. "Growing blood vessels into cancers" is just words to scare the dumb masses and pollies into imagining all their blood vessels turning into cancers. But yes nicotine promotes blood vessel growth and even the repair of damaged and cut blood vessels, and the formation of capillary networks in tissues that need them. Think of the positive implications for cosmetic surgery like skin grafts and in major surgery.

There's a special place in Hell...
    Last edited by fabricator4; 02-10-16 at 09:55 AM.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    Yes, definintely dont watch the full interview if you care about the items in your imnmediate vacinity.

Same old gateway, dual use, renormalisation rhetoric.
    fabricator4 likes this.

AVF Regular
    ... but on the flip side - the video also contains Brent Stafford.

I'm conflicted about what I want to do to my monitor.
    These things.

I have some things.
    I vape them.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    Yes, definintely dont watch the full interview if you care about the items in your imnmediate vacinity.

Same old gateway, dual use, renormalisation rhetoric.
    ...and my least favourite - particles in the vape.

That one's just scaremongering of highest order. Glantz uses the phrase significant amount of... for which there is no scientific evidence for. Some DH published something about the size of vapour droplets but used the word "particle" Suddenly THAT became a scare campaign. Mixed up with microscopic amount of "particles" supposedly found by some other researcher who couldn't find his arse to put rectal thermometer in it and you have a Glantz/Chapman crusade.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.