Thread: Simon Chapman

AVF Regular

Simon Chapman

Big Tobacco sees its future in cigarettes, not vaping

https://theconversation.com/big-toba...t-vaping-67363
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelagainstthemachine View Post
    Big Tobacco sees its future in cigarettes, not vaping

https://theconversation.com/big-toba...t-vaping-67363

Same tripe. Chimpman sees vaping as a tool of tobacco. He doesn't get it that BT didn't create the vaping industry and that we don't give a rats arse about BT. Apart from the name "E-Cig", big tobacco is probably one of the worst things to happen to vaping. Murder by association.
    Chris: Tobacco free since 17:00 15th March 2013.

AVF Regular
    There he goes again, using Big Tobacco's entry into the e-cigarette market, and their useless 1st Gen cigalike devices as a way to smear the whole e-cigarette industry.

He still hasn't answered the question; With all their money, and all their influence, why have Big Tobacco companies not invested in later generation devices?

The answer is because later generation devices, which continue to improve and evolve, actually work to help people stop smoking.

Simon's conflation of the Personal Vapouriser and the Ciglaike markets is extremely damaging to Public Health. He's doing Big Tobacco's work for them, as recent history has shown during the EU TPD vote and FDA discussions that Big Tobacco would like nothing more than to see the Personal Vapouriser market dissapear.

His conflation of the Cigalike and PV markets only serve to help Big Tobacco. It depresses me to think that there's a possibility that he knows this and that his plan is to help Big Tobacco destroy the PV market first, so that he can then work towards banning Cigalikes when Cigalikes are the only devices left on the market.

AVF Regular
    The thing that immediatly struck me with this artlcle by chimpy is the blame it all on big tobacco thing - interesting no mention of pharma who will gain the most through leaning to licencing of vaping as he has proposed over time and closing vendors so that nic/ vaping is only avail through chemists

Also no mention of govt sanctioned failed products such as NRTs, Tablets, junk science like hypnosis and other - most of which is already controlled by pharma

or the symbiotic relationship that pharma has with both bt (You knock em down we hold em up) or the fact that bt even if vaping goes legal or medical tommorrow will still probably supply the nicotine to be used in production in a similar way they do now and with other products such as patches and gums

Oddly negating pharma to blame all on bt seems to be a pattern that appears to be emerging by both ph and tb control who subversivly claim to have some tentative support for vaping in Australia

curious times
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
    "How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs