Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By PurpleVapes
  • 5 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 1 Post By Vaporific

Thread: E-cig marketers manipulate antitobacco advertisements to promote vaping

AVF Regular

E-cig marketers manipulate antitobacco advertisements to promote vaping

Four advertisements in our sample modify the Australian Government's “Stop Smoking Start Repairing” advertisements to read “Stop Smoking Start Vaping” (figure 1). The original antismoking campaign was intended to raise awareness of the health benefits of quitting traditional cigarettes, a promotional tactic also widely used by e-cigarette brands.5 While we could not identify the original maker of these altered advertisements, variations of them pervade the …

http://tobaccocontrolbeta.bmj.com/content/25/6/720

LOL

So it's ok for them to steal and make mockups of tobacco and vaping ads, but it's not ok for the ecig industry and advocates to do it back to them.

oh what the hell....

I'm reminded of The artist Prince, who used Dave Chappelle's mock of him on his own album cover. What was Dave Chappelle to do? Sue Prince for using a picture of him, dressed up as Prince? "That's checkmate right there". Link to this: https://youtu.be/R4SYIfhzMmU?t=3m14s
    Last edited by PurpleVapes; 24-10-16 at 01:39 PM.

AVF Regular
    Personally I like most of these adapted vaping posters and think tobacco control have had carte blanche unchecked by anyone for too long -

I hope to see more of them in a way the meme makers continue not to get caught.

Its a dangerous practice this (intentional/ unintentional?) social engineering that they (PH) play with and anyone who helps break the template they have created is ok in my books - particularly considering the amount of misinformation that tobacco control provide ..

Perhaps if they have not been so nasty and one sided in thier treatment of smokers, vapers and snusers I would have more sympathy - but not now

Viva la meme makers!
    Robray, Fatman, Cath Mort and 2 others like this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleVapes View Post
    So it's ok for them to steal and make mockups of tobacco and vaping ads, but it's not ok for the ecig industry and advocates to do it back to them.
    Like this?

PurpleVapes likes this.

Author of eJumica - the eJuice Mixing Calculator.
    eJumica is compatible with Windows, OS X & Linux/Unix.
    Requires the Java plug-in